• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

You know, my early experiences with MXE I found pretty strange and uncomfortable, it took a bit of experience to "get it" for some reason. Actually the same was true of 3-MeO-PCP. Might behoove you to test your MXE somehow and see if it really is MXE, and if so, give it a few tries on its own before discarding it.

I proceed with my dissociative combos with tryptamines always dosing first the disso, and waiting 2 hours into the experience to dose the tryptamine.

For lysergamides I would usually combine them at both time, except if it's a short lasting disso like ketamine, that I would usually bump to the end of the experience.

This worked like a charm with every mid or long lasting disso, specially with (orally) 2-OxO-PCE, 2-OxO-PCM, 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, and MXE.

Yeah me too, definitely with MXE I take it first as a preload, works way better that way. I think with ketamine is a little different maybe, I don't have much experience combining ketamine with psychedelics though.

Yeah me too, definitely with MXE I take it first as a preload, works way better that way. I think with ketamine is a little different maybe, I don't have much experience combining ketamine with psychedelics though.

I guess I was going with my experience of Ketamine. I like to experience the pyschedelic substance cleanly for the first while and then use the ket to prolong and enhance the experience as mentioned by MSK.

So i finally dabbled into some 4-Aco-MET (doesnt seem to be a specific thread for that vs this HO) that I have had stashed in the freezer for about 3 years now
It turned only slightly more off white but I wouldnt call it gray

Attempting to divide an approximate 35 mg dose (scaled on an analytical balance) of what I believed was the fumerate salt proved difficult in 3 mls of tap water (even when warmed and shaken repeatedly over +10 min) and turned the water brown... icky

Anyways, down the hatch half of it went.. despite the solubility issues

Very nice first experience, though not as visually active as I had imagined it to be from reports here and else where
Not much to mention mentally, in fact my thoughts were very calm, much unlike higher doses (35 mg) of 4-aco-dmt, the peacefulness was quite nice.
Conversation flowed well between friends and bouts of hysterical laughter were cyclical.
Truthfully after our initial walk after dosing we just sat in silence staring at my ceiling and talking

By ~4 hours visual effects had significantly declined and sleep was possible by 6.5 hours

I tripped on 17mg 4-HO-MET yesterday and found it pretty nice and very similar to shrooms but with a little less mindfuck. 17mg for me was on the low side, I will take 25mg in my next try. Visuals were there and nice and very similar to shrooms, but I expected more from the dose. Unfortunatelly it was very short-lasting for me, visuals declined after 2,5 hours. Smoked some weed, but despite this works with other psychs, it didn´t bring back the visuals for me. All in all a nice, short-acting tryptamine, but I´m more a phenethylamine guy :)

Visuals not strong at all?

Hey!

So after reading loads of good stuff about 4-ho-met, I decided to get hold of some. Spent a fair amount of money, and effort to get it.
Now online (in this, and other threads) the consensus on this substance seemed to be "hardly any 'mindfuck', hardly any bodyload, lots of pretty visuals, very easy going, not much anxiety, and very recreational".

Yesterday I tried it for the first time: 17mg orally on an empty stomach, took 60mg of Methoxphenidine about an hour before (this usually gets rid of any bodyload and anxiety for me). I take 4mg of Buprenorphine daily, but this never dampened my trips before.
Basically I got the exact opposite of the other descriptions: I was tripping alone, in my flat, dim lighting... The 'mindfuck' was strong, the visuals were weak compared with my 4-aco-dmt experiences which often gave me absolutely mind blowing, and intricate visuals. The come up was not nice at all this time. Just didn't feel comfortable in my body, almost flu-like. I have to admit that I made a big mistake because I tripped, even though my set wasn't right: I've been feeling rather down and depressed recently.
My trip was very introspective (unlike what other people have said). It revealed a lot about my personal issues etc. It was exhausting, and although I'm thankful for the experience, it wasn't what I had expected at all. I thought by insufflating an eyeballed dose of about 5-10mg 90 minutes into the trip would increase visual activity (like it has done with 4-aco-dmt for me in the past).

My question is: could it be, that what I had was not 4-ho-met? It's from a reputable vendor. The smell somewhat reminded me somewhat of the smell of dmt vapour... Lastly, does the set and setting influence the amount of visuals? I even vaped some weed which for me often dramatically increases visuals, but it didn't do much this time. I'm slightly confused and disappointed.
Sure, I could try a higher dose, but somehow I feel like that isn't the answer.
Don't get me wrong, I still think it's an interesting chem. It's just not what I expected it to be. I do like my fair share of beautiful visuals (don't we all?)...

I would really appreciate it, if someone had some answers to my questions. I'm hoping that a better set and setting will give me a more visual trip. But for now, im going to take a break for a while, until I feel more stable psychologically. I'm aware of it not being smart, and a bit reckless to take a psychedelic while in a depressed mood.

Kind regards,
Mude :)

It's possible you got something else, but from your description I don't see any reason to think it wasn't 4-HO-MET. 4-HO-MET has plenty of headspace for me. I guess it's clearheaded compared to mushrooms, but it can still be pretty introspective. I've noticed that people like to exaggerate how clearheaded some psychedelics are. 4-HO-MET is definitely not "all visuals and no headspace." It's not unusual to get some unpleasant bodyload on the comeup of 4-HO-MET. The lack of visuals can be explained by set and setting. You could use a psychedelic once and get amazing visuals, then use the same dose of the same chemical another time and have a mostly mental trip. If you wait until you feel you are ready and try again at the same dose you might get the results you are looking for.

Sampled this on a whim last night. Took 15-17mg in a capsule, felt it after 30-40 min.

Some fun and colorful visuals that actually reminded me of 2C-B more than anything else. Maybe I also made the comparison because of the headspace - very clear, almost sober feeling. Smoking some weed midway into the trip was a nice addition. Visuals cut out after only 2 hours, although I still felt trippy for another couple hours after that. I bet that a higher dose will extend the duration a touch.

Now, I tried it because I want to take it at an event on Saturday. Will I have much of a tolerance? I plan on taking 25mg.

I have had a good bit of both 4 aco and 4 ho met.

I find the aco to be quite a bit more stimulating. I would prefer it if I were to go out and want a low dose trip.

The 4 ho met seems really sedating. I remember the first time I had it, combined with 2cd,mxe (ket?) . So heavenly. Just laid in bed in bliss untill I passed out. (must have been some ket then).Woke up the next morning semi tripping, 25mg 4 ho met, 25mg 2cd, some mxe/ket, heqdphones, back to bliss land. I think I redosed the same again a few hours later. Just lay in bed all day in a dreamy trippy space. Such a good time.

Thanks for answering so quickly!

It's not unusual to get some unpleasant bodyload on the comeup of 4-HO-MET. The lack of visuals can be explained by set and setting. You could use a psychedelic once and get amazing visuals, then use the same dose of the same chemical another time and have a mostly mental trip. If you wait until you feel you are ready and try again at the same dose you might get the results you are looking for.

Sorry, for being inactive for such a long time. I meant to reply much sooner.
Wanted to thank you for your answer. It definitely helped getting rid of my slight disappointment of the experience.
I will definitely give it another try when it's more appropriate (eg. with a better set/setting), and I will report back on how it went so I can contribute more to this thread.

I wish you all a nice Christmas/New Year. Will be back with contributions :)

Kind regards,
Mude

Not sure where to post this but hopefully soon I will have 4-ho-met, 4-ho-mipt, and 4-aco-dmt. Met it is the only one I haven't tried yet. I'm thinking of combining them all at 10mg each. Is this overkill? Would you adjust the ratio differently?

I enjoyed mipt very much but it lacked depth; psilacetin was dysphoric on its own but shined in combos for me. I'm hoping to find a good balance with this mix. Any advice?

I personally didn't think much of 4-ho-mipt at first but it has grown on me quite a bit. I haven't found it to be overtly visual, at least in small doses (20 mg) but does create its own special atmosphere when you get into it, the glow coming from various light sources can look really magical. Music sounds amazing and it is very clear-headed.
I have only done 4-ho-met a couple of times and although it is a lot more visual and has the most similarity to mushrooms. The come up is unpleasantly rapid though and I found it very difficult to get to sleep later on. The colour intensification carried on well into the next day.
4-aco-dmt is a completely different animal and is for me the least mushroom-like and short-lived of the three. Most of the action is CEVs which are very DMT-like with insane 3d visuals that last for about an hour and then tail off for another 30 minutes and then drop off altogether with very little in the way of an afterglow. There can be quite a bit of confusion and it can be difficult to walk at times. Most people seem to find them to be very similar to cubensis mushrooms so I don't know why it is that way with me.
I think I would try them in pairs before trying all three together. Maybe 20 mg of 4-ho-met and 10-15 mg of 4-aco-dmt 45 minutes later.

Last edited:
Haha if you think miprocin isn't visual, you just haven't pushed the dose yet. I did by a sort of accepted accident (spilled some when weighing a dose and said fuck it and took it all, some 50mg or so) and boy howdy does it get intense. I will agree with psilacetin being falsely equivalated to mushrooms, it gets much more DMT-like for me, very similar CEVs and potential for divine interactions. Hopefully the Met can bring about visuals with this combo and keep things lighthearted instead of the soul-seeking whirlwind that psilacetin can bring about.

This is from another thread..(Conversion of 4-AcO- into 4-Ho Tryptamines)
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/399673-Conversion-of-4-AcO-into-4-Ho-Tryptamines/page4

In case the experiment of using baking soda (ph = 8.2) in water doesn't work, you may want to try dropping a few TUMs or Rolaids into water and stirring the 4-aco-dmt with it, TUMs/rolaids have a ph of 10.0, the same as wood ash (wood ash is 90% calcium carbonate).

Let it spin for 1 hour if possible, then simply sip it slowly over the course of 1/2 to 1 hour, this may indeed result in an experience very different than 4-aco-dmt, and much very like psilocin indeed (4-HO-dmt)...as the 4-aco-dmt (acetyl-psilocin) is hydrolized into 4-ho-dmt (psilocin)...or maybe not, who knows.

After reading an entire 1000 pages of 4-aco-dmt experiences, I singled out 2 of the experiences where the 2 different people reported having taken 4-aco-dmt in a capsule weeks before (same dose)...then several weeks later decided to dissolve their 4-aco-dmt into a glass of water, and slowly drank this over 1 hours time, both people noticed a very distinct difference in their trips, both saying that the 4-aco-dmt dissolved into water then drunk slowly resulted in an experience very much like that of 4-ho-dmt (psilocin in mushrooms) as opposed to their normal 4-aco-dmt capsule swallowed trips.

They may be onto something here, partially or even completely hydrolyzing the 4-aco-dmt into 4-ho-dmt, or even perhaps giving their system ampule time to convert it with the slow drinking of it, enhancing the metabolism/conversion of it.

You don't have to use wood ash as Peter Webster did, just use TUM's instead, same exact PH as wood ash.

Another experiment can be done by heating the tums/water/mixture of 4-aco-dmt to speed up or completely convert the stuff perhaps...but then again the heat might destroy it, who knows.

In any case, I'm sure you might succeed in at least partial to whole conversion after doing enough experiments....or then again, maybe not, nobody knows yet.

I tried this a few days ago. 20 mg of 4-aco-dmt in a small glass of water with an antacid tablet and let it sit for about four hours then I sipped it slowly. After about ten minutes I could feel it coming on really strong. Colours were getting darker and more intense and I had only drank half of it. I had quite a bit of anxiety and claustrophobia for the first 15 minutes or so, especially when I developed a powerful urge to go and take a dump in a very small toilet. Mentally the feeling was heavy and somewhat depressive and at that point it didn't seem wise to drink any more. I started to feel very cold so I climbed into bed. The 90 minutes that followed was an insane rollercoaster ride of incredibly weird, fast moving CEVs which were simultaneously grotesque and beautiful with completely different styles of imagery occurring at different stages of the trip. After an hour or so things began to get less intense and by 90 minute the best of the visual effects had died down.
I have no way of knowing whether some of the 4-aco had been converted to 4-ho but this method definitely produced a faster come up and a much more intense and shorter trip than with 4-aco powder taken orally, especially considering that I probably only consumed about 10 mg. I also had quite a lot of OEVs at the start, something which I usually find is lacking with 4-aco-dmt. It still felt nothing at all like mushrooms, however.
I wonder if anyone has ever "broken through" on this stuff yet. With closed eyes it really feels like I'm looking inward onto another world.

Last edited:
Haha if you think miprocin isn't visual, you just haven't pushed the dose yet. I did by a sort of accepted accident (spilled some when weighing a dose and said fuck it and took it all, some 50mg or so) and boy howdy does it get intense. I will agree with psilacetin being falsely equivalated to mushrooms, it gets much more DMT-like for me, very similar CEVs and potential for divine interactions. Hopefully the Met can bring about visuals with this combo and keep things lighthearted instead of the soul-seeking whirlwind that psilacetin can bring about.
Agreed. 4-ho-met (in high doses) is one of the most visual psychs i've ever taken.
Very DMT-like at times.

Vediog was talking about 4-ho-mipt, (miprocin) not 4-ho-met (metocin).:)

Last edited:
With this combo I'm hoping for lots of love, light, and laughter, not trying to meet God again andcrethink every aspect of my life a dozen times over (thank you psilacetin for that but not keen for another round). So again I ask is 10mg each of 4-ho-met, 4-ho-mipt, and 4-aco-dmt going likely to be help me with my goal or would you adjust the ratios?

Obviously I want to try met on its own first to get a feel for it. I'm thinking 25mg. That's where I usually start with 4-sub Trypts.