• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-iP Thread

Okay then. As long as we're all clear that we shouldn't be necking a quarter of a gram of an obscure alkylated 2C to start off with...

My figuring is, as the number of carbon atoms on the 4th position increases, dosage goes down while fat-solubility/duration/mental depth go up. That's the pattern with 2C-D -> 2C-E -> 2C-P (1, 2, 3 carbons respectively). 2C-iP and 2C-P have the same number of Cs but different arrangement, so to be on the safe side I'd treat it like 2C-P to start with and work my way up to 2C-E-sized doses. It would be nice to have something with the emotional warmth and openness of 2C-P but with shorter duration closer to 2C-E. It would really suck to have to endure the analytical coldness of 2C-E for the length of a 2C-P trip. I can't tell yet which way 2C-iP will go.

(And I thought HofmannBlotter was a lady? Judging from her avatar...well it's hard to see, maybe they're a dude with long hair. I don't know. I give up. :))

From what I've seen 2C-iP looks to be more like a recreational empathogenic stimulant with some pretty trippy effects as well, this is based on anecdotes I've read. Considering that already sounds really close to the way 2C-E affects me I'm not sure I'd like it, especially if it was even LESS trippy. However if it carred 2C-P's love and weirdness and put it into a more recreational, less psychedelic, easier-to-dose package it may be a better party drug than 2C-I or 2C-D (I doubt better than 2C-D though).

If that really is a picture of hofmannblotter she's cute. But also a camwhore... because I aint ever see no guys with their pic as their avatar. Just joking, no offense hofmannblotter serioussly!

well I have this, I'm just waiting for a friend to have some free time, I've never tripped alone before and even tho I've been working myself up to tripping alone I am not going to have my first time on 2C-IP be my first solo trip

The thread was moderated and some dazed back and forth discussion removed. Better to just remember that we know relatively little about this compound and we should be careful, even if the effects seem benign.

does this comparison of 2C-T-4 and 2C-iP really make sense? is there another pair of compounds with an oxygen "switched in between" (I hope you get what I mean) where this comparison is reasonable?

Not oxygen, sulfur.

You could compare 2C-T-2 with 2C-E and 2C-T-7 with 2C-P, those come closest. (Also 2C-T and 2C-D but there are hardly any people who have taken 2C-T, I think).

It's very rough and they all seem pretty unique in their own right from what I can tell - I don't have experience with all of these - but it does seem like the propyls are a bit crazier or more volatile than the ethyls. And the methyls seem downright tame by comparison (even if it is true that they can all bust your balls if the dose is right).
At the very least we could say that the protrusion of the 4-substitution is somewhat correlated with potency, volatility and craziness. Right?

Then again, the sulfur changes a lot - compare these space-filling structures of 2C-T-2 and 2C-E:

2C-T-2_anim.gif
2C-E_animation.gif

In the end I don't think it is a good idea to try and compare 2C-iP to 2C-T-4 because of the SAR paradox and because projecting such expectations obscures the true nature of the compound.

It's just another one in the 2C-X series. Consider it unique. If you are okay with the lack of history of human use or knowledge about the safety, be bold and find out for yourself what it is to you.
I have it waiting for me when I can trip and experiment once again.

Last edited:
Well the above all goes out the window with the a-Me group thrown in...since DOM is king, and DOET (at least as described in Shulgins 1968 paper on DOM and DOET) is much milder, even less visual....I guess there is too little on DOPr to really make a conclusion.

Yeah I would kill for some 2C-T. I was sent what was supposed to be 2C-T many years ago but I never tried it and later lab testing showed it to be TFMPP.

Having thoroughly investigated 2C-T-2/2C-T-7, 2C-D and 2C-E....it seems to me that sulfur adds the 'non traditional psychedelic effects' seen in the 2C-T-2 and 7....that 'warmth' and empathy (I call it the MDMA-effect) that simply is not there in 2C-D and 2C-E, certainly not really there in 2C-B even.

Has always made me curious to try TM, TE, and TP.

but it does seem like the propyls are a bit crazier or more volatile than the ethyls. And the methyls seem downright tame by comparison

Mescaline is already very glowing I must say, but I wouldn't object to trying the thio's.
I think 2C-B is a good bit in the right direction starting from the alkyls, but it still isn't half as lush as 2C-T-7.

I don't think it all goes out the window when alpha-methylating... for example I hear that DOC still retains some of the unique relaxing qualities the chloro's have, most of all (afaik) 2C-C.

Hmm I like daydreaming about this as much as the next guy and yes it is all SAR discussion but let's remind ourselves that 2C-iP is only different at the 4-position. What amazes me though is that at first glance it seems like the 4-methyls are just not erm.. well-endowed enough to please the receptor, and if you go too bulky like with n-, iso or sec-butyl I would expect the potency to drop... yet isn't 2C-T-4 adequate? And it is more bulky. I guess the angle is partially constrained because the sulfur is tetrahedric?
That's the paradox for you: it's quite hard to imagine the pharmacophore qualities by heart. SAR can be more erratic than a woman.

(P.S. ... 2C-T may surface again in a while - there is a slim chance someplace :) )

Last edited:
(P.S. ... 2C-T may surface again in a while - there is a slim chance someplace :) )
Haha, let us pray(they came through with other recent projects ;))! P.S. 2C-T as TMFPP....terrible! I wish I had sample of this just out of the fact I have the time and am getting tired of all the people wadding the waters for a TR before they dive in. I hate when people speculate in a thread were more than five people already contain a sample, the chem isn't some mutant that should destroy you, or isn't ultra potent. I understand the hesitation though, certainly do! Maybe it has to do with me not trying to many novel things lately......:?;)

I think I was the one who started musing about 2CiP being similar to 2CT4, and I have to agree with your points, Solipsis. The SAR is probably as different as with the other alkyl 2C's compared to their sulphur analogs.

But it wasn't just structure that made me think of guessing on that comparison, but also because the few descriptions out there of 2CiP actually sounded a bit like 2CT4 (not too exciting/kind of bland). Also the duration seems to be kind of in the same area, that is 10-12 hour.

Of cause, subjectively these 2 compounds are most likely to feel just as different as 2CT2 and 2CE does.....

Another way the comparison fails is that 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 are often said to be similar in effects, while 2C-E and 2C-P are very different from each other. So it looks like the sulphur makes the alkyl group attach at a right angle to the benzene ring, instead of coplanar with it? (And also makes the amine go off in the other direction?) So I don't know the first thing about SAR really, but maybe the dose and duration depend mainly on how far the 4th-position group extends out in the benzene plane, which is why 2C-T-2/7 and 2C-E are roughly similar for both (even though they're very different in headspace and other qualities). Then since an isopropyl is attached at the middle carbon and isn't much longer than an ethyl in that direction, that could explain why the dosage reports so far are closer to 2C-E than 2C-P. Though I guess this story doesn't work for 2C-T. (And maybe I wouldn't have gotten a D in high-school chemistry if we had been studying stuff like this. ;))

OK so I had a full ego death +4 experience and was high for over 24+ hours so you must excuse me for not taking the best notes. here is a sorta kinda timeline:

+0h place 27mg of 2c-IP under tongue at 11 or 12 p.m. (can't really remember) load into SUV with my sister and brother to go camp
+0:05 extra me burning from under my tongue, I swallow 2c-IP, (i still have a nice burn under my tongue from it , white dead tissue and a lil numb)
+0:06-2:00h drive to the mountains listening to classic rock, we find a nice camping spot and decide to put the seats down and chill in the back of SUV instead of setting up tent.
+2:30h brother does 30mg of mxe followed by 2 more 30mg doses sometime later. I have mild headspace change and really can't tell about visuals cause it was dark.
+3h I weigh myself out 9-14 more mg of 2c-IP(scale was at a angle and cept jumping around)
+3:30h I snort 30mg of mxe then my brother and I walk around and chill out side for a bit listening to my phone(item lab, galactronic, Ott, the human experience) music appreciation is the best I've ever had!
3:30-5h outside chilling
5:05h brother decides to sleep
5:06-9h i chill in front seat with headphones on. sometime during this i relaize that the all seeing eye(god) is laughing at me from everywhere for holding on to my ego. i let go of my ego and become the eye laughing at myself, i am the eye, god me, him everyone for a littlte bit we, me ,everyone is everywhere.

after this i no longer give half a shit about the timer on my phone or writing this report so ill just sumerize what happens. after it got light outside a hummingbird convinses me to exit the car and leads me to a beaver pond wherr i dance around the water till my brother wakes up. we then go for a small walk and find a old area of rocks. he has a +4 sober meditation on tue rock and i experience egoloss again by touching the rock, i realize this is the same rock i was floating above last week on my +4 mxe ego death experience, i have lost my ego over this mountain a million times before and will do so a million times in the future, time means nithing to me.after this we my sister wakes up and we tell her about everything, the look on her face was pricless. after this we go back to the city and have a amazing day. i have visuals for about +20 hours after dosing and am high for over 24 hours. it is the best day of my life

Thank you for your report. It's hard to extrapolate much from it though, as this experience involved sublingual and oral administration, re-dosing and combining (insufflated methoxetamine).

I'll acquire this compound very soon in order to complete my collection of available 2C's (I'm only missing this one and T-21). I'll come back with a report or two later this summer.

yeah I sorta feel bad for not being super scientific about it, I should note that the reson I redosed and did the mxe is cause I was very underwhelmed 3 hours after the first 27mg

I understand. I only wish that you had waited an extra hour or so. That said, from your report, we *can* extrapolate that the 20-30mg range may not be particularly strong for some folks. Can you do another test in a week or two using non-boosted oral ROA and without combining? 30-35mg perhaps? Also, did you have any tolerance built up in your system due to recent use of other psychedelics? If so, what did you ingest and how long ago? If not, are you a 2C "hardhead"? Your input is valuable, so I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

I haven't taken a true psychedelic in over 2 weeks last time was 25b. and this is the first time I've taken a 2c-x besides 25x compounds. I'm taking some tryptophan and 5-http regularly now so I can do another trial in about a week or two, prolly wait 2 so I'm 100% fresh. there isn't and psychedelic cross tolerance with mxe is there?

*edit* I should also add that I had pho about 2 hours before I dosed the 2c-ip

Cross-tolerance from 25B-NBOMe was probably negligible if you took that 15-20 days prior to your 2C-iP experience. However, your use of the phrase "true psychedelic" suggests that you took some other serotogenic substance (e.g. 6-APB, MDAI, et al.) not long before your 2C-iP trial. Is this so? Also, what is "pho"?

Methoxetamine will not produce cross-tolerance as far as the 2C's are concerned. As long as you resist the temptation to use any drug, you'll be completely ready in 10-14 days. If your set and/or setting is/are not as good as you would like it/them to be, wait longer.

You're probably the only person on the planet whose first 2C experience was with iP. Because of this, you cannot make qualitative comparisons with other 2C's. In my opinion, this is rather good. On the other hand, this will surely make a potential forthcoming report all the more challenging to write.

Please pay attention to the duration of each phase of the experience (i.e. first alerts, coming up, peak, plateau, coming down, and residuals), positive and negative mental and physical effects during these phases, and anything else that is noteworthy (e.g. your age, weight and height, when and what did you eat/drink prior to and/or during the test, what were your set and setting, etc.).

In sum, since this compound remains quite unexplored, I suggest that you and others present reports that are as objective as possible.

Last edited:
umm I took 6-apdb about 5 days prior to my 2c-IP experience and butylone+4fa about 4 days prior. pho is a really food Asian rice noodle bowl, very delicious. as far as I can tell the come up of 2c-IP is rather slow and the visuals are not that intense, more color shifting then creation of patterns

The funny thing is that I live in Asia and I know that pho is a Vietnamese dish, but I didn't want to assume that that's what you were referring to because I thought that it would be too far fetched! Good stuff!

Anyhow, all of the drugs that you took a few days prior to your 2C-iP trial yielded cross-tolerance. 4-FA, 6-APDB and bk-MBDB are not only reuptake inhibitors of serotonin, but also of dopamine and norepinephrine. As if that weren't enough, all three drugs appear to be triple monoamine releasers (that's certainly the case with 4-FA, and at the very least, the other two release serotonin). Even the methoxetamine was probably less effective than usual. Your supplement intake to combat depletion of serotonin won't help much with that kind of bombardment.

To taste 2C-iP properly, you have to go in clean. If you do that, please don't ingest more than 30mg. I bet that such a dose is plenty for a decent trip.

The funny thing is that I live in Asia and I know that pho is a Vietnamese dish, but I didn't want to assume that that's what you were referring to because I thought that it would be too far fetched! Good stuff!

Anyhow, all of the drugs that you took a few days prior to your 2C-iP trial yielded cross-tolerance. 4-FA, 6-APDB and bk-MBDB are not only reuptake inhibitors of serotonin, but also of dopamine and norepinephrine. As if that weren't enough, all three drugs appear to be triple monoamine releasers (that's certainly the case with 4-FA, and at the very least, the other two release serotonin). Even the methoxetamine was probably less effective than usual. Your supplement intake to combat depletion of serotonin won't help much with that kind of bombardment.

To taste 2C-iP properly, you have to go in clean. If you do that, please don't ingest more than 30mg. I bet that such a dose is plenty for a decent trip.

Well this and the last few posts certainly put this chemical's dosage range in a new light. The way it appeared before was that 30mg would be a light dose, and one even reported feeling nothing but slight threshold from 50 mg.

hmmm I deidnt realize that reuptake inhibitors/releasers have cross tolerance with 5-ht2a agonists, that's good information. I'll steer clear of everything for at least 10 days before I run another trial, gonna be difficult cause I have doc, 2c-c, and 5-meo-mipt on the way too that I've been itching to try.

off topic- pho is seriously one of my top ten favorite foods, it is actually very popular in my area, there is a place that sells it every few blocks.