• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

I'd say to treat it pretty much the way you'd treat an acid trip, in terms of prep and set and setting. It's a different trip for sure, but it has a lot in common in terms of depth, intensity, duration etc. All of Img_9999's advice resonated with me ^.

Don't worry too much about nausea, I don't think it will be an issue at 13mg, but ymmv, so good idea to have ginger etc handy. Don't take promethazine with it, it's true that it's bodyload is completely exaggerated, it's nothing major at all, nothing to fear. Dancing, walking etc is definitely a good idea to deal with these things.

I wouldn't imagine 13mg will kick your ass. For me the ideal range is 8-12mg so far. 16mg is just beginning the ass-kicking territory, and I imagine 20-22mg would be a full on ass-kicking.

This is making me miss 2C-E :)

I really need to revisit 2C-E soon, I've got some, I just haven't found the occasion to have a serious trip yet. Perhaps in the next month. My girlfriend is heading out of town for a couple of months so I'll have more time to myself. 2C-E is such a special one, for whatever reason, that ethyl on there plunges it straight into the deep end compared to the other 2C-Xs. I find 2C-C quite profound in its way too, even when I take as little as 10-15mg of it, I end up having a lot of insights into myself and my emotional responses to things, but 2C-E has the entire range of psychedelic effects to it. It can be personal and worldly, and it can be spiritual and hyperdimensional.

Glad to see this thread "revived". My highest dose was 25mg and it was breathtaking. I was in a very profound space for 6-8hours. Very zen-like ! Although the comeup had me squirming in bed :).
We took 8mg once for a live Hans Zimmer concert and it was wonderful, although I could have handled more. Below 15mg the bodyload is real but definetly manageable !

So man oh man i have been holding onto this 40mg sample for well almost 2 years now lls, and I finally feel mentally ready to take on a new challenge.
I have NEVER had a 2c-X before and i know 2ce is probably the strongest 2c-X ever. I have quite a bit of nbome/doc experience.
So my question is what is the ideal settings for a 2c-E trip? Any pre dosing rituals to follow?
Lastly the nausea us the most terrifying aspect of this trip, should I take a phenergan (promethazine) before dosing to help, or is ego loss the real thing I should be concerned about?
I'm probably gonna dose this at 13mgs btw. Is this truly going to kick my ass?

I never felt any nasuea from plugging 2c-e

Unfortunately I'm not a plugger. I know 2ce burns your nose so I can only imagine the damge it would do to my ass.

Plugging doesn't burn if you don't try to plug too concentrated a solution. Burns a HELL of a lot less than snorting, unless you have 20mg of 2C-E in half a mL of water or something. If you use a few mL, it doesn't feel like much of anything.

^I never had problems in that regard either, plugging is my standard ROA for 2C-E. But if the thought of plugging makes you uncomfortable that's totally valid of course. To each their own, I for one shudder at the idea of putting drugs up my nose. :D

I think 13mg is perfect as an entry level dose, it should give you a pretty clear picture of what the substance is about without being overwhelming. As said above you might experience some bodyload on the come up, which can usually be dealt with through physical activity.

Plugging doesn't burn if you don't try to plug too concentrated a solution. Burns a HELL of a lot less than snorting, unless you have 20mg of 2C-E in half a mL of water or something. If you use a few mL, it doesn't feel like much of anything.

I keep my 2C-E in a solution of 5mg/ml. Absolutely no burn whatsoever when plugging and concentration seems about right. Most I've taken plugged is 2.5ml which is a pretty strong ride on 2C-E, for me at least. Given how small a volume of liquid that actually is, I find no more discomfort from holding that in than I do for 1ml.

It's just that the come-up and bodyload are smoother. Also 2C-E can cause nausea in those who tend to get nausea from things. I think the reason plugging is particularly widely suggested for this one over others is because 2C-E is really strong and the come-up can be pretty uncomfortable, but plugging it shortens the come-up and makes it less uncomfortable. When I try it again sometime soon, I'm just going to eat it though.

Personally I dislike gel caps for oral dosing. They seem to affect the absorption sometimes. I just toss it in my mouth and swallow with a glass of water, or if you're squeamish of bad tastes, you can mix it into some sort of flavored beverage or even a glass of water, when it's diluted way down you'll hardly taste it at all. Faster absorption that way, also less prone to food in the stomach affecting it.

I've always taken it orally and although there is some brief mild nauseau, never really experienced discomfort in that area. Plugging is more economic (i think you need half of a oral dose, but someone else should chime in on this).

Yeah plugging is about half the oral dose, or slightly more. Like 10mg plugged ~= 18mg oral.

My main reasons for plugging are for economy purposes; make what I've got last longer! There are of course the other effects compared to oral which I do also prefer such as the come up.

I'll give it a shot this weekend with some bottled water. Is chlorine only a no-no with lysergamides or all psychedelics? Bottled water should be fine right?

Bottled water should be fine. AFAIK there are no concerns with chlorinated water degrading 2C-x drug. I've done lots of 2C-D using tapwater as the solvent, no problem.

I just toss it in my mouth and swallow with a glass of water, or if you're squeamish of bad tastes, you can mix it into some sort of flavored beverage or even a glass of water, when it's diluted way down you'll hardly taste it at all. Faster absorption that way, also less prone to food in the stomach affecting it.

How's the taste? I found 2C-D is completely fine, with just a pleasant bitterness to it. But 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 were absolutely wretched, some of the worst things I've ever tasted.

Some of them are really bad, I think I remember 2C-E being very bad but it's been so long... I can confirm that 2C-T-2 tastes quite bad though, but I still do it whenever I consume it. 2C-C isn't too bad but you don't want to leave it on your tongue for long because it tastes quite sharp. The tryptamines are nastier tasting. In any case it's just a taste, doesn't put me off doing it regardless of how bad, it's a transient sensation that you can view in a neutral light and refuse to let it affect you. At least that's how I feel about it, but maybe all this tasting of alkaloids over the years has turned me into a freak. =D

Interestingly, 3C-E tastes sweet with a faint edge of bitter, sort of like aspartame or something. I got given a finger dip of it once at a festival by my (totally unknowledgeable and cavalier) friend, I thought it was coke because earlier he said he was going to get some. He came up to me out of nowhere and held out a baggie and his finger dipped in a powder. I thought he wanted me to rub it on my gums, so I did. I was confused because it tasted sweet, but really it was probably 10mg or so of a random powder, so I got really nervous. Then he told me it was mescaline he got from his friend. At that point I assumed he'd been given aspartame or something and got ripped off, but him and some people said they tripped (personally I was already so high I didn't feel much of a difference). I assumed they were victims of the placebo effect until I happened to get 3C-E and tasted it, and bingo, same taste and appearance exactly.

Last edited:
Oral is a perfectly fine ROA for 2C-E, 'bodyload' always carries such a negative connotation, but for me it's mostly just some weird energy in the body that can you can learn to work with, you just have to overcome that instinct of 'Oh I feel kinda sick, better sit or lay down and be as still as possible'. I had once a little challenging experience on my second trial at 12mg. Before I had taken it at 10mg at home which was very light and fun, so I thought 12mg would be perfect for the upcoming psytrance festival. To my surprise shortly after taking it I began to feel kinda sick and had this idea to just wait it out which kind of worked after a while, but for the whole trip I stayed at our little campsite and in a somewhat negative mindset.

Judging from later experiences I am sure if I had just started to walk around and dance that feeling would have turned around in minutes. There is something tricky about those low doses where you're in a tripping space with one foot, but with the other foot still in sober reality so it's easy to hold on and just 'tough it out' instead of just letting go. Higher doses can be easier in that they simply take that decision from you. ;)

I like that plugging makes it a bit smoother on the body, but mostly it's about shortening the come up to about half of that of the oral route. Also it's great that this ROA can be discussed in a mature way here. I recall reading through some old threads where every second post was concerned with the implications about one's sexual orientation. 8)

Yeah years ago there was this poster named luckytaak or something like that who was positively on a crusade to convince everyone that the Bluelight moderators were on a mission to turn everyone gay, because obviously if you put anything in your butt for any reason, you must be sexually attracted to men. 8)

It's nice how the place has turned around. :)

The tryptamines are nastier tasting.

Can confirm, 5-MeO-MiPT is probably the single most putrid thing I've had the displeasure of tasting.

Also, I thought I was ripped off too when I first tasted my 3C-E. I thought exactly what you said, that I had been given some artificial sweetener instead.

I think I will have to try this again sometime soon. I got a small amount about 2 years back. I think I maybe plugged 8-10mg... maybe with some 4 aco dmt? I don't even remember. It wasn't really enough for a full on trip, but it reminded me I liked it... and it scared me. I took it years before that a few times. Once I plugged 30mg 2c-e, 30mg 4 aco dmt and some mxe. That was some shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Would not go that high again me thinks. Then again it was like full on veil of reality cut in half and contact with all sorts of beings. Took a lot of etizolam because it was too much. Laid down. Counted myself backwards from 10 to 1 and immediatly was in a Waking Induced Lucid Dream of the most intense sort. Some sort of council like "wtf are you doing back here. You should be on earth doing what you're supposed to do." Ended up getting to chill with my pre/post life homies and galavanting across the universe doing good/fighting crazy shit. Still fucks me up thinking about it.

Can confirm, 5-MeO-MiPT is probably the single most putrid thing I've had the displeasure of tasting.

I didn't mind 5-meo-mipt too much, at least dissolved in vodka it seemed pungent but not repulsive. The 2c-t's on the other hand tasted like something toxic from the industrial chemical plant, to me.