• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-E Thread - ver. 3.0

Yeah I use an oral syringe. I usually just liquid dose DOC and I keep it at 1mg/mL, and I use a 1mL syringe with .1mL marks, so I can measure down to 100 microgram accuracy.

I guess I'm lucky, after losing my sub-mg scale I bought a Gemini but it reads perfectly everytime. I even put the 10g weight on to check out its accuracy and it rarely comes in less than 9.9 grams.

I figure that if it weighs slightly differently each time, say, plus or minus 5mg, then the margin of error is 5/2681 = 0.00187, or .187% (in your case). So at such large initial weights, yeah, you might be slightly inaccurate, but let's say using 18mg of 2C-E as an example, you'd only be off by +/- 0.0336mg, a truly negligible amount.

Your thinking is somewhat wrong.
Error of scales depends on weight, yes. But correlation is almost constant, like this: +/- 2*d at weight<500*d, +/- 4*d at weight<2000*d, etc, - where "d" is "discretion" and equal 0.001g for Gemini. All these numbers and boundaries noted in corresponded ISO standards (manufacturers guided by them). I can't provide link or exact information for Gemini so you are free to not trust me :) But I feel some confidence in what I am saying after little online research (and 1 semester of "Metrology" in University years ago; actually I was expelled from that faculty but I still remember some basic things).

Generally, error for good scales is around 1*d for low weight. Of course it depends on model so it can be 0.1*d for lab scales, 0.5*d for grocery scales and 1-2*d for pocket scales. I can be wrong but I bet that even just bought Geminis with fresh battery will give you an error +/- 1-2 mg (not 0.0336mg). Error can be larger (it depends on conditions like battery, temperature, humidity, etc) so liquid measuring is the key, you are right.

Anyway possible error with 2c-e isn't big enough to use liquid measuring instead and it is absolutely safe to use scales... But this is only my opinion.
And of course if you have scales with discretion 0.01 g (like I am) it would be completely smart move to not trust scales.

reddit : AWS Gemini-20 calibration results/review

Last edited:
You learn something new every day. :) Thanks. Moral of the story: for compounds up to about as potent as 2C-E, a cheap 0.001 scale is okay to use as long as you practice good techniques (I will weigh it 3 times and take the average for example, and despite what anyone might say I find it to be more consistent if I do not tare it to zero first), but more potent things really should be done with liquid measurement. And liquid measurement is always a better idea unless the compound is going to break down quickly in liquid, because then you can divide that error across many doses consistently. For example, when I make a solution of DOC, I weigh out 30mg, which could be, realistically, anywhere from 28-32mg. If I tried to weigh one dose, that's a huge variance that could make the difference between a weak trip and a trip much more powerful than intended. But put into 1mg/mL, each mL will contain from .93mg to 1.07mg, which is quite an acceptable range. And using a 1mL oral syringe, you can accurately measure to a 100 microgram level. If I want to take 2.6mg of DOC, I can do that with confidence. The same is true, of course, with 2C-E or anything else, it's just that I have no occasion to care whether I am accurate to 100 micrograms with 2C-E.

any phenethylamine I can think of.

bk-phenethylamines degrade far more rapidly (reacting to their beta-hydroxyl homologues).

ebola

took 18mg last week end.
wholy moly, that was strong.
+++ borderline of a ++++ experience.
OEV was very strong.
Ill take 15 mg next time as 18mg was a bit strong for my taste and I had to work to keep my ego. Was in a state of bliss but also scared. I have to learn to trust the experience, but the feeling that I can die if I fully let go is a damn thought that pops in my head as soon as I get close to a ego death obe experience so as soon as I see the sign, I do everything in my power to gain control over my senses otherwise I feel I could die, go in the stream of light. very weird and profound experience.
Music sounded amazing and I could almost smell some sounds. like in one of the song, theres a fountain and I was feeling like I was smelling the fountain, I was smelling the pure water.
Its very weird as 15mg is not even close to that intensity. the difference between 15mg to 18mg is very serious

Sounds like you get affected by 2C-E similarly to how I do. Yeah, for me 15mg and 18mg are entirely different experiences. I took 20mg once, but other than that I've never taken more than 18mg. I like 16mg too, it's stronger than 15mg but not nearly as strong as 18mg. I had a full-on +4, the most powerful I've ever had, the second time I took 18mg. One of the most beautiful, terrifying, ego-crushing experiences of my life.

took 18mg last week end.
wholy moly, that was strong.
+++ borderline of a ++++ experience.
OEV was very strong.
Ill take 15 mg next time as 18mg was a bit strong for my taste...
[...]
Its very weird as 15mg is not even close to that intensity. the difference between 15mg to 18mg is very serious

How long did you wait between these doses? If week that's ok. But if you did only after a day that could probably explain the difference too.

edit: Ah, or you mean you did 15 mg long ago in the past before 18 mg?

"A homeopathy conference in Germany ended regrettably early when 29 people accidentally took “an LSD-like drug” called Aquarust" (2C-E)

http://jezebel.com/german-homeopaths-accidentally-get-high-as-balls-as-con-1729328466

2C-E is nicknamed Aquarust in Germany apparently. I'm not much a fan of nicknaming drugs because it usually just leads to confusion, but I gotta say Aquarust is a fucking cool name. Any Germans in here care to explain where the name comes from?

edit: too bad they didn't take a homeopathic dose of 2C-E lol

not from Germany, but from Austria, and I visit Germany a few times a year, and I never heard of the term "Aquarust" before. quite frankly I call bullshit...

Yeah you're probably right, shoulda known. Media loves to fascinate over supposed "street names" when in real life people usually just call it what it is.

2CE was the first psychedelic i ingested. I've heard stories of people taking 20 and 30mg, but i can't even imagine. 12mg blew my lid off entirely, loved it too. So visual!

Aquarust? On the scales front mine are pretty good but at low levels I would always assume at least an error of 1 or even under some circumstance 2mg is possible. so it depends how sensitive you are how much it matters - if 12mg blows you away it would certainly quite likely be a notable amount. I also always weight at least 3 times and the like to minimise error.
Last time I took 15mg (or 14 or 16); bodyload wasn't very good at all but the trip wasn't there - seems you really need to just cope with it and take more. Above 20mg is hard work and having done that a good few times not so keen despite some impressive results so wondering about 18mg might still be a worthwhile dose. I've had things bordering on +4 but it seems much more common and all round easier with acid. 2C-E is such an odd ball though.

After 4 years; just to see, if my 2C-E was still good and a calling to do so, I took 18mg. This was a few weeks a go... There was, no potency lost and it still gave me a very good eye opening experience... I find it to be a wonderful psychedelic... I do think it is as good as T7 my other favorite P...
I think the visuals of these two are second to none...

So Some time this week, i have a very big urge to try Eth-Lad again, this time 225ug... with all the energy going on in the month of Sept. especially around the 27-28th should be quite interesting to say the least....

^ I purchased a gram of 2C-E in 2010 I believe, still have half of it. The appearance is the same as the day I recieved it. I haven't taken it in 3 years or so, but I guess it hasn't degraded at all. stored at room temp in a bag in a container with a dessicant pack.

maybe I'll also indugle again soon. :)

2C-E, and all of the 2Cs should outlast all of us. I have worked with some 2Cs dating back to 2000 with no loss in potency or change of appearance. 2C-E from 2004 is as good as the day I first worked with it.

Bump cause..

On the subject of 2C-E....I happen to think it's a really good one...up there with LSD in my book.

There is a deep dose/response curve with 2C-E. 12-14mg can give a full, yet manageable +++ however above 16mg, 2C-E becomes very dramatic/intense. 18mg was taken at night in a haunted rock formation in eastern Colorado called Pauney Buttes. This trip was infinitely stronger than the 16mg I had tried the first time. When I did 20mg a few months later, the result was a trip literally as strong at times as smoking 5-MeO-DMT...pulled out over 8hr or so.

I had the 20mg 2C-E experience on top of 'the red rocks' in Settler's Park which is in Boulder Colorado. It is a huge rock formation next to a trail in Settlers Park that you can climb up on and trip out all day and no one usually will bother you as long as you can maintain your sensibilities...so a good place for a heavy psychedelic experience.

There were several 'peaks' during the five hours it took to start coming down, one of them was looking out at the surrounding mountains and watching them grow out of the earth into tall peaks over eternity, then be weathered away by wind and rain, into an ocean, only to reform again into new mountains that would grow out from the earth over the eons until they would begin to weather away again in a never ending cycle. It was an endless cycle of 'wow' moments.

I literally had the experience of watching geology occur over millions of years right in front of my eye in real time. I was in such a calming and beautiful place outdoors with the sun out so I was always able to find peace in that chaos... and I had a ++++ that day and loved it. One of the best trips of my life!

red-rocks-park-photo.jpg

Oh yeah, 2004... That's vintage 2c-e you have lol! Last summer I had the chance to trip on AL-LAD in the mountains near where you were (Idaho Springs), and it was amazing and very humbling to be such a small speck next within a vast towering mountain range.
On the subject of 2c-e, I recently busted into the archives for a 10mg dose - first time in 5-6 years. It was very manageable but stimulating without much visuals, and my set/setting wasn't the best as my dog was just killed the previous night and kept thinking he was next to me the whole trip. I felt like the trip helped me let go of my beloved dog. Anyways thanks for your post mgs, I'll have to give 2c-e in the mountains a go haha!!!

^ I purchased a gram of 2C-E in 2010 I believe, still have half of it. The appearance is the same as the day I recieved it. I haven't taken it in 3 years or so, but I guess it hasn't degraded at all. stored at room temp in a bag in a container with a dessicant pack.

maybe I'll also indugle again soon. :)

It won't. Phenethylamines are pretty damn stable. I have 2009 2C-E still active and working fine ;)

most phenethylamines should be stable pretty much indefinitely so long as living organisms don't get ahold of them