• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-Fly Thread

^Dunno then can't really offer anything except that your experience seems different to the effects most people got, maybe you're wired up differently to most people or something. You didn't take it with anything else at all?
I'm sure you'd have mentiioned it if you had but I ask as I'm puzzled.

zophen

with 2C-B-FLY, way off baseline for 48+ hours is not that uncommon for some sensitives w/only ~10mg one time dose.

cognitive problems (verbal associative recall) have been reported up to 1 week post single admin in several subjects.

the 2C-B-FLY receptor binding is fairly specific and rigid and thus, depending on your enzymatic metabolism, you in fact may be affected for a rather long time.

granted, if you've been a busy bee getting your DOCtoral research program completed in time to spare a few blasts out of yo' skullcap w/2C-T-4, 2C-P etc, you may not note the long term subtle changes taking place.

they are subtle. be careful. no joke.

^I stand corrected then, the only (medium term ) effects we noticed were problems with word recall (i.e. looking at kettle "pass that erm pot effort that we boil the water for making tea in") This went on for three to four weeks and this was after two dosed, 15mg and 25mg spaced one week apart!
It's not a chemical that I'd bother again really though.

zophen

hypnoticzzz2003 said:
I don't use psychedelics to have fun, I use for research and to weed out the garden.

What research do you do exactly?

^Dunno then can't really offer anything except that your experience seems different to the effects most people got, maybe you're wired up differently to most people or something. You didn't take it with anything else at all?
I'm sure you'd have mentiioned it if you had but I ask as I'm puzzled.

Why are people at all suprised by unusual reactions? This is one of the newest, most unused experimental psychedelics ever available. The number of people who have taken it is relatively tiny. Just because you and your friends respond in one way certainly doesnt mean everyone else will.

Alyways start low. A number of people have reported 2C-B-fly at being active at 10mg or below (including the Shulgins), so I would start at 10mg at the very most for a first dose.

May i suggest those who didnt get any special effects out of this chemical never had the dose right for them, and as others some are much more sensitive to this compound? Me and the gf both found it very intense and strong visuals!

Some love it others despite it, we love it!

Last edited:
I took a 5mg dose and it was wonderful. I found 2cb-fly to have many subtle properties that I really enjoyed.

However I only reached a +2 state and the true nature of the chem's effects definately weren't apparent. I think I'll move on to a 15-20mg dose next time.

Can we please not call this compound "the fly"?! That's like calling 2C-B "the methoxy".

Yes I completely agree. Besides sounding really stupid in my ear, it is only bound to create confusion when/if other FLY compounds are brought out.

So I think you guys have sold me, I am only gonna go with 10 mg but insufflation?? or oral?? that 48 hours with no sleep is stuck in my head though. As for research, I am researching my brain. No one else can really know whats in there besides me. Sorry if the research comment threw anyone off. Also I have thoughs sometimes of becoming skitzo from psychedelics, whats the probability of something like that happening, isn't it called HPPD or something?? please correct me if I am wrong. I definatly am not gonna get wierd on anyone but I just want to beware of that conditon, my friend is a little different now from tripping very heavily through the years

don't snort it. I would have to say that snorting a highly unresearched compound is a very stupid thing to do.

Its an inceadibly foolhardy thing to do, really. If all the other reports of usage are based on oral doses, you should go that route unless you have a damn good reason not to.

specialspack said:
Why are people at all suprised by unusual reactions? This is one of the newest, most unused experimental psychedelics ever available. The number of people who have taken it is relatively tiny. Just because you and your friends respond in one way certainly doesnt mean everyone else will.

Yeah you're right, I was wrong to even consider it an aberration, a long and heavy night with no sleep is all I can offer in the way of an excuse.

zophen

Chikitta said:
Went for a 15mg oral dose last week... overall it was an enjoyable experience. Bit intense and overwhelming at times though.

Couldn't sleep for about 40 hours after ingestion... not cool.

Can't beleive people are suggesting doses of 40mg. 15 was really bending my mind and it was hard to walk around or hold a coherant conversation. I think 40mg would have put me in total dissociative state.

If I go for it again it'll be at a lower dose. Lovely colourful visuals, warming, floaty body load, but the whole not being able to sleep thing really sucked.

You're the only person I've ever heard of noting inability to sleep past 16 hours or so (not that I doubt you at all)... This compound seems to have a lot of bizarre personal side effects for its users.

I had an enjoyable experience on 2cb-fly but the following days I had trouble contolling my temper. I experience flashes of anger after taking MDMA sometimes. I always attributed that to the seritonin depletion. With MDMA, my temper flashes were usually accompanied with depression, which made me aware of my emotionally charged state beforehand. With 2cb-fly, my temper flared up quickly and with no warning. I got really angry, very quickly, over trival things. :(

^i concur, 2C-B-FLY will certainly accelerate the onset and changing of moods, not only after, but even during - especially if interacting with others who are not on 2C-B-FLY, moving somnabulistically at a slow ass rate.

2C-B-FLY may impart a certain feeling of 'righteousness' to one's motives and opinions, be this actually the case or not.

several times, the self control reins had to be yanked hard in order to avoid proving the righteousness of my arguement in a very physical fashion (ok, granted, the idiots needed a'killin but normally i prefer the nonviolent appoach) - and escalation happens very fast.

I also experienced the *quickness to anger* that you both mentioned, only the day after in my case though.

zophen

Severe Adverse Reaction (AKA Stupidity)

This was just posted at Erowid. Guess what the moral of the story is? Don’t mix almost completely unknown compounds with MAOIs! And certainly don’t insufflate them! And certainly don’t try to ‘eyeball’ single milligram doses!

Condensed version is this: An individual who is on a regular regime of 600 mg moclobemide daily (a monoamineoxidase inhibitor) abstained for about 24 hours before insufflating an unknown (though believed to be small) amount. Add in some cannabis and further insufflation (all 2C-B-FLY???)… yadda yadda yadda… a night in the psych ward…

Learn from the mistakes of others. Do not try and outdo their foibles…

I B

Ok tommorow night I am going to see the 2cb-fly , anything you guys recommend to have on hand, is the body load bad or so-so? I will probably be going for around 10-15mg seeing that most of you guys reccomend that to some extent

There is no body load in the 2c sense, if you're expecting 2ce/p style bodyload then you'll be pleasantly surprised.

zophen

Well I ended up doing around 26mg or 27 give or take +/- 1 It was very intense almost sinister in some sense, I may repeat but not at that high of a dose for a while. My buddy went for 30 I can't really recall all the events, but I tell you it was nothing compared to DOC when I use DOC I am in some sort of control, this takes over your whole body and pretty much tells you what your gonna do IMO. Very deep thoughs I remember, and watched 2001 space odessey, I think everyone needs to see that. I dosed at 7:30 pm saturday and effects lasted until about 5:30 this morning sunday, and I still don't really feel totally baseline. Next experiment will be 10mg of the FLY and 2 or 3 mg of DOC. I was very close to dosing DOC on my peak but ended up smoking a bunch of nugs. I don't see why some of you guys don't like this, it is insightful at least for me it was. Also I noticed with DOC as with 2cb-fly I got terrible stomach cramps and gas???anyone else had this problem?. IMO I think the 2cb-fly could be used recreational in public at lower doses, good euphoric feeling at some times in the trip.

Last edited: