• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

This bk-2C-B is mild, but pretty good. Pretty much nothing visually though. Thoughts become like an increased level of abstract thinking and reflective thought. Reading stuff you like becomes funner. Cool movies become cooler. Funny videos can become more funny. An increased urge to learn. Though I might limit use to once a week. It's like a dober psychedelic. Bk-2C-B does slow down time though. To me, it felt sort of like NZT limitless, but also slowmitless (the time slows down). Others might react differently to it though.
I find it very visual. How are you taking it?

You consider using it once a week "limiting" it? ...

You really shouldn't use psychedelics more than once every 3 weeks. Once a month or less is best.

It takes more than a week for your tolerance to drop, and you don't want to expose yourself to the side effects of long-term frequent use, which can be unpleasant as well as debilitating.

At least maybe because 2c-d less active than 2c-b. So if you need ~150 mg of this, how much you will need bk-2c-d, what do you think? I guess, like 300-400 mg. That sounds weird and who knows will it be active at all if even this has so much contradictory reports?

You really shouldn't use psychedelics more than once every 3 weeks. Once a month or less is best.

It takes more than a week for your tolerance to drop, and you don't want to expose yourself to the side effects of long-term frequent use, which can be unpleasant as well as debilitating.

I taken it mixed in soda in divided doses. 100mg and then 50mg two to three hours later. Though the main effects are mostly gone, I still feel mild residual effects and some time dialation for the third day. I don't mind it much as it feels calm. Maybe it should be limited to one a month.
I have benzos at home.
I'm about 150lbs and pretty tall.
I've used it very few times spaced weeks apart and hadn't noticed tolerance yet. Then again, I use to do a lot of prolintane in the past. I should've had hydrafinil to counteract the next day sleepiness of prolintane instead of using more prolintane.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm in the hospital right now. I had multiple seizures and ended up in cardiac arrest this weekend from taking 120mg of bk-2C-B on Saturday. I just came to yesterday. They iced me, and I came extremely close to dying.

I've never had a seizure. I've never gone into cardiac arrest. This was around the 120th research chemical I've done. I don't take psych meds.

This drug is no joke. The dose is so variable by person. They assume I had serotonin syndrone that triggered my cardiac arrest.

Most people describe it as extremely weak. I want to warn people that that's not always the case. Be REALLY careful with this. In fact, I'd advise not doing it at all.

Last edited:
120mg? Are you sure it was BK-2CB? Had you taken ANY other drugs or supplements (5-HTP?)?

I do not say this with any pride, but I have gone above 4x your dose without experiencing said effects.

Did you perform a <1mg allergy test?

Oh I know, but it can get a bit moreish, it's not like other psychedelics. It's a very clear headed feeling too, almost like some super-nootropic feeling like Molly described. I found I had little tolerance taking it multiple times a week for about 6 weeks, went silly on it, then I got a huge tolerance all at once, enough to kill a trip part way through, left me feeling a bit crappy for weeks after.

So, yeah, use some restraint, it is mild & it seems nice to use several times a week, but that isn't sustainable at all. It is still a psychedelic.

madmoomix , sorry to hear that, I hope you'll be OK. Please keep us updated with info when you get out of hospital, for HR. Had you taken it before? No other drugs or withdrawal effects (benzos?)?

Hey guys. I'm in the hospital right now. I had multiple seizures and ended up in cardiac arrest this weekend from taking 120mg of bk-2C-B on Saturday. I just came to yesterday. They iced me, and I came extremely close to dying.

I've never had a seizure. I've never gone into cardiac arrest. This was around the 120th research chemical I've done. I don't take psych meds.

This drug is no joke. The dose is so variable by person. They assume I had serotonin syndrone that triggered my cardiac arrest.

Most people describe it as extremely weak. I want to warn people that that's not always the case. Be REALLY careful with this. In fact, I'd advise not doing it at all.

well i will say glad you made it out ok

but like sprout said ive not had that problem done a gram in before now and nothing happened like what you said

were you hammering before this ? have you had it tested and sure it wasn't cut or the wrong chemical ?

So, turns out it was 140mg. (I have a four day gap in my memory, starting from hours before I took bk-2C-B.) I posted a full trip/case report in OD. It was NOT serotonin syndrome.

Last edited:
About to give this stuff a test spin pretty soon. Any ideas on what to expect? Can this stuff be a full blown psychedelic, like thought loops, time is gone forever, alien eyes staring back at me from the planes of infinity? Or is it just a feel good MDMA type substance with minor psychedelic synaesthesia? I am not familiar with 2C-B. I'm wondering how much I should be concerned about set and setting.

So, turns out it was 140mg. (I have a four day gap in my memory, starting from hours before I took bk-2C-B.) I posted a full trip/case report in OD. It was NOT serotonin syndrome.

Glad to hear you're ok and thanks for posting your story.
You said it was the first time you took bk2cb, did you do an allergy test?

Why do you say it was not serotonin syndrome? Did doctors confirm this with bloodwork?

Did they make a diagnosis of the cause?

Why do you say it was not serotonin syndrome?

Serotonin toxicity (or syndrome) happens when there's too much serotonin present. This can happen on large amounts or SRIs and SRAs (or certain combinations), but not on classic 5-HT agonists, which are not releasing agents or reuptake inhibitors.

Serotonin toxicity (or syndrome) happens when there's too much serotonin present. This can happen on large amounts or SRIs and SRAs (or certain combinations), but not on classic 5-HT agonists, which are not releasing agents or reuptake inhibitors.
We don't know anything about the receptor affinities of bk-2cb.

While 2c-b doesn't have affinity for SERT this doesn't mean that bk2cb functions in the same way. Yes, I understand that it's psychedelia most likely occurs through metabolism into 2c-b but if the doctor made a diagnosis of serotonin syndrome based on the results of bloodwork, I would be inclined to believe that over blind theorycrafting.

The odd part is that 2c-b is actually a 5ht2a antagonist. Otherwise I would assume this was simply a case of 5ht2a-induced coronary artery vasospasm causing decreasing ejection fraction. Have you had exposure to MAOIs recently? Could also be adrenergic crisis.

The odd part is that 2c-b is actually a 5ht2a antagonist

No, that study was pretty much shown to be full of shit.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-4159.2005.03477.x/full

Finally, we found no evidence to support the conclusions of Acuna-Castillo et al. (2002), or Villalobos et al. (2004), derived from Xenopus oocyte studies, that the PEA analogues are antagonists. All PEA compounds were partial agonists in our systems, albeit with lower intrinsic activity than PIAs, but they are not antagonists, at least in the PLC signaling system.

About to give this stuff a test spin pretty soon. Any ideas on what to expect? Can this stuff be a full blown psychedelic, like thought loops, time is gone forever, alien eyes staring back at me from the planes of infinity? Or is it just a feel good MDMA type substance with minor psychedelic synaesthesia? I am not familiar with 2C-B. I'm wondering how much I should be concerned about set and setting.

It isn't at all like 2C-B anyhow; nothing like as good. Some find it enjoyable - I don't agree it's MDMA like at all - if so you could call a good many 2C MDMA like - it is pleasant enough but not wildly exciting or profoundly psychedelic; it's mildness means it can be fun. .If your a toker it's probably going to be more fun - it was worth trying twice but not worth the duration imo - so generally mild and not head fucky or very cosmic but that said a few people have been totally tripped out on it.

I've been reading a thread on combining bk-2C-B and 5-MAPB, and I began wondering how the purple colour might come from the imine and I think it's not necessarily the case. First of all, imines are most effectively formed under moderately acidic conditions and acidic solutions of bk-2C-B appear to be clean. A sample of a related alpha-aminoketone in tap water (pH~6) slowly turned purple. Perhaps by slow air oxidation a pyrazine derivative is formed and when it acts as a base under slightly basic conditions, a colourful complex is formed. Then after addition of a weak acid the pyrazine derivative would be protonated with the disappearance of the colour. However, no reversal to the alpha-aminoketone happens. It's just a theory but in my opinion it may make more sense for the colour to come from a substituted pyrazine than from an unstable imine. A substituted pyrazine would still be formed via low concentration of imine. It certainly doesn't make sense for a weak acid to make pyrazine revert to alpha-aminoketone. What do you think?