• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Big C

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
Forgive me if there's already a thread on this, but I couldn't see one during my search.

fallon_aug16_thebigc_post.jpg

My friend was telling me how awesome this show is a while back, and since we both like Laura Linney and he's usually right when it comes down to sussing out what I might be into, I decided to pre-order season one on DVD.

Premise:
The show follows Cathy Jamison, a reserved suburban wife and mother whose recent cancer diagnosis forces her to shake up her life and find hope, humor and the light side of a dark situation, while managing her immature but well-meaning husband.

Anyone else into it?. I reckon the DVD should turn up tomorrow and I can begin some sort of marathon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWtbn9wOamU&list=SL

First thread I've seen on this one.

I've not seen it but the trailers I've seen previously did look promising.

I loved this show last year. Fucking high quality. I would recommend anybody who has OnDemand features on their DVR to watch the first season, you will not regret it.

I found myself looking forward to it more so than I did Weeds, which I know isn't as good as it used to be, but the last season was better than the two that came before it. Not to be too off topic, but as long as they keep Mary Louise Parker on that show, I have to keep watching. Fucking hot.

Shit, I totally forgot I posted this. :eek:

Still haven't received the DVD but I'll most definitely report back when I've watched a few episodes. :)

Definitely a great show. Laura Linney is wonderful as usual but the other stand out character is her brother, played by John Benjamin Hickey. I can't wait to see the 2nd season :)

OK, so I near enough ploughed my way through the entire series in a couple of days. I'm really loving this show. It captures a perfect balance of humour and poignancy which I love in my comedies. It really does make you question what's important in life, and I just naturally warmed to Laura Linney's character from the moment she burst into her neighbours house regarding the pool incident. I love the bluntness she embodies. <3

I also love Andrea, and the friendship she develops with Cathy over the series. Fat and jolly clip

The ol' curmudgeon of a neighbour is also a favourite character of mine too. And the way she lets herself be accepted as the series progresses truly warms my heart, and fills me with hope.

tumblr_lknk648KZ61qazkdco1_500.gif

I've still got a few more episodes to go. But I think it's safe to say it's pretty awesome. <3

edit: lol =D

tumblr_ljjzlltQ7t1qglbtqo1_500.gif

tumblr_ljifzvScEI1qacyb2o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the few times I watched it, have no tv anymore though so might buy the box set. Sweet, Pleasant show. :)