• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also interested to know if anyone has tried the Jennings JS Diamond Precision 10 Scale (10g x 0.001g capacity).

Is it pretty acurate?

Also what is the credit card/measuring cup method you are talking about? Is it bacially that you take off the measuring cup pour in the powder to be weighed then put the cup containing the powder back in the scale rather than pouring the powder into the cup while it is on the scale?

PS. For those of you complaining about no shipping outside US or rediculous prices on similar goods in your own country you may want to check out http://www.myus.com They are a shipping company that give you a proper residential US mailing address. I am using them at the moment. You just buy whatever crap you want from the US send it to your new address in Florida, USA then MyUS will send it to your home country.

the reason i chose the tanita is this:

"It is not quite as accurate as the GEMPRO but overall it's a very good value for the price."

this is part of the product info for the jennings jprecision scales on every website i've been to that sells it. it's like it's the official description that jennings wants published. and i've heard (both here and elsewhere) that the gempro 50 isn't so great in terms of accuracy.

additionally, it's slightly disturbing that a company would put out a scale and then have their official line be "it's not as accurate as this other company's scale."

in my mind, if you're going to be using a scale to measure research chemicals where a discrepancy of 5mg can cause someone to wig the fuck out, it's worth the extra $110 in my mind.

Does anyone have experiance witj the Acculab VIC-123 Milligram Scale?
Its a bit expensive but im willing to fork out the cash for a good scale, im fucking sick of not having accurate readings

Ekstasis-//7 said:
I am also interested to know if anyone has tried the Jennings JS Diamond Precision 10 Scale (10g x 0.001g capacity).

Is it pretty acurate?

Hello,

I have this scale and I find it's not too bad. it seems to be much more accurate if I put a piece of foil down first and then measure whatever it is on to that. If I put my substance straight on to the scale without extra weight it will hover up and down 2-3mg.

I don't think I would trust it if I were measuring substances in the 1-3mg range, though 15+ works alright using the above method.

Dankershein Kapow...

I've been waiting for someone to reply on the Jennings Scale... Thanks...
I have been thinking I would get one in the future maybe. So this sounds encouraging. I mean 2 or 3 milligrams of inacuracy I can handle.

The Tanita is just too far outta my price range. Sure for you Americans its just another 100 or so bucks but for us Australians after shipping and exchange rates it means the difference between a Gempro or Jennings scale maybe costing around 150 bucks or a getting a Tanita which would probably end up being well over $300 bucks (Australian) before it reaches our hands.

Last edited:
per1sh said:
bah fuck it i just bought a tanita 1210 from balances.com

i have bought two of those scales from balances.com great scale, why fuck around with a possibly inferior product when your dealing with chemicals that could be dangerous with a mistaken dosage

Any word on the Acculab VIC-123 or the VIC-303? Both are .001g and seem to be reliable... or should I just go with a Tanita?

Also where would I buy precision scoops, funnels, and other scale tools? Thanks

Rumor is that Tanita is soon to discontinue the 1200 line. If you're on the fence, better to buy one now than to wait, just in case.

I have a Tanita. But if I were buying a scale today I'd get a 0.001 gram scale. It'd be better for things like 2c-e and 2c-p, where greater than 0.002 accuracy is desirable and I don't want to bother with a solution.

^^ I found a torsion balance on eBay for $45 which measures from 0-26mg with .01mg precision (in theory, using a vernier scale) and .1mg (in practice). I don't know if such bargains are common or whether it was my lucky day. It's just the thing for doses under 10mg.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this scale? It looks to be pretty good, but I was wondering if anybody had any practical knowledge about it.
diamondscale4.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/0-002-Gram-0-01-Carat-Digital-Diamond-Scale-Gem-Scales_W0QQitemZ7573691129QQcategoryZ11814QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

^^^ I have that exact scale. I paid $75 for it and it works great for the price. It is WAY BETTER THAN HAVING NO SCALE. Actually, it is suprisingly accurate. You have to usea piece of tin foil or something when you weigh, as it does not come with a cup.

Those 2 scales are exactly the same and they suck.
tanita > gempro > americanweigh

Uh, I was completely drooling over the Tanita 1210-100, until I realized that the site www.balances.com has it priced at $9998o

Edit: Which I noticed, upon further perusal, is about twice the MSRP. Something is rotten in the state of balance.com

The similar alternative is only 250 though, hmm, eBay maybe?

Last edited:
Read it closer. Balances.com states that they list it as $999 because they are currently out of stock of that item.

The price really isn't $999 we just do not have any more inventory of the Tanita 1210-100. When the pocket scale was in production we sold it for $214.95. A great alternative to this Tanita pocket carat scale is the Acculab VIC-123. the Acculab VIC123 isn't a pocket scale but it offers more weighing capacity, more weighing modes, more accuracy and more features. Demand has fallen so much for tanita 1210 diamond scales that we are directing everyone to the Acculab VIC-123.

Tanita has discontinued the Tanita 1210-50, 1210-100, 1212, 1220, 1471, 1475G, 1475Z, 1477, and 7020 mini scales.

Tanita has priced them out of the market basically in our opinion by stubbing their nose at the most important customer -YOU. Any economics course teaches the marketplace dictates price, but Tanita Corporation thinks otherwise. Typical companies are responsive to competition, but again Tanita Corporation thinks otherwise.

^Hey thanks mate! I did find a pocket scale on eBay with similar accuracy to the Tanita 1210-100, but for about 60 dollars. I still might go with the acculab, because I have a feeling it's legitimacy greatly overshadows that of this 'off-brand' that I'm looking at.

Merry Christmas to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.