• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrBio said:
the problem is the saliva production that fills up my mouth within 10 mins...
Are you allowed to swallow?

when i tried this, i would collect the salvia into a ball with my tongue and either put it underneath or in front of my teeth and then swallow the juices.

It won't hurt to swallow the juices... but it doesn't help either. So it's just a matter of preference. I used to sit down with a spit-bowl on my lap when I did this...

swallowing definitely helps
holding under the tongue is not as effective as chewing and allowing the cheeks to absorb.
holding under the tongue is a mis conception.
buccal is the quid method, not sublingual
for good oral effects you need ~40 times as much material compared to smoking due to very slow absorption.
the indians did pound it into a suspension and drank it, it is stronger that way because it is flushed over such an extensive absorptive surface of the intestines. still it enters the blood much more slowly than through the lungs.
I strongly disrecommend any method except smoking for salvia and salvinorin enhanced products. I personally think the tincture is a waste of money and salvinorin.

Xorkoth said:
If you don't believe tripping can actually alter your perception in a real way (as opposed to "fooling" you into believing it), then perhaps that's exactly what you'll find. Either that, or you'll realize you were being egocentric (which is hard not to be if you've never left your ego).

Wow.

Those two sentences basically opened my mind and provided an answer to the question I've been asking myself ever since my first Salvia experience. I've always felt that I've never quite left my ego behind, and that it is constantly doubting the experience while it's happening.

I'll have to think about this some more.

Kudos. I'm glad I was surfing through this thread. ;]

Hey guys, im new to bluelight.

The reason why I love salvia is that it competely tears apart your whole framework of thinking and strips you down to your essential self. No one else can experience what you experience in those few golden minutes.

Coming down from salvia is like restructuring your entire brain. For me it includes remembering what people are, what they look like, what roles they occupy, etc. Vision is hazy too. I wonder if that's what newborns feel like?

Salvia also rejuvenates me. All the shit of life vanishes and after the trip your head is completely clear and you are care free.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really interesting post, divinorum.

I like how you liken it to a restructuring, or rebirth.
It's definitely a re-evaluation, in my opinion.

Afterwards I found myself not care free, but rather more able to understand something about the world. It was slightly shaded by melancholy, but I was very chilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else noticed on salvia that everything seems to be connected, physically? they visually look like puzzle pieces sort of?

I've never had problems with a 'normal' lighter - just make sure to keep the flame on it all the while you're drawing it in.

Has anyone taken salvia while tripping on something else, like a phenethylamine or a tryptamine? If yes, how did the salvia affect you and (how) did it alter the remainder of the trip after the salvia wore off?

There is no reason to trip on anything else in conjunction with salvia. Salvia itself is so strong that I can't see why anyone would even want to; they'd be a brave soul, that's for sure.

Today was my second time tripping on salvia. I found that my trip was eerily similar to the last. That continuity, to me, suggests that whatever salvia does to you, it brings out something that is esentially you, or at least some part of you. Somebody in an earlier post said he had a similar experience.

Heres the situation I get sent to when tripping:
There are these entities. They usually take some kind of potato-like figure, but about two or three times the size, and a little wider. I've encountered two of these figures. During my first trip there was only one of them, which I understood to be a male. He was in front of me as I levitated outside my window on the third floor. He wouldn't let me do something (which I think was to get back into my room) and I was getting really mad at him.
During this second trip, he was again present. Same general shape, different texture and color (due to the change in surrounding, I'm sure- my room vs. a clearing in some woods). Now there was also a female figure though. She was a voice that seemed to be somewhere behind the log I was sitting on. There was again something I wanted to do, but the female voice wouldnt let me. This time the male was helping me. He tried to get me to negotiate a compromise between me and the female. He suggested that maybe I could just lay down in between the logs like ten feet from my side. That sounded good to me, but i couldn't get there. There was a weird pull from behind me, but I'm not sure that's what was stopping me.

Did you get all that? I could try to clarify if you want me to. But anyway, after I had come down a little bit (a lot bit) we were walking through the woods and I was trying to explain what had been happening to/within me. He suggested that maybe it was like the angel/devil sitting on someone's shoulders in movies and cartoons. As a psychology student, I can't help but see an id/ego/superego contest framing this trip. There is the id telling me what I want to do, whatever that might be; the superego trying to restrain me; and the ego trying to sort the whole thing out.

I'm interested to see if anyone else has any kind of analysis they might like to offer up. I understand it's hard to analyze someone's trip, especially when there is only so much information that can be taken from a trip and be put into language, and since none of you were present as I was trying to communicate my trip while it was unfolding.

Ximot said:
Has anyone taken salvia while tripping on something else, like a phenethylamine or a tryptamine? If yes, how did the salvia affect you and (how) did it alter the remainder of the trip after the salvia wore off?
I did some once on 2c-something (it's been awhile). Very visual, which salvia usually isn't for me, just a total mindfuck. I don't remember it affecting the rest of the trip much. Not something I've repeated, but I don't like salvia much.

i like the juxtaposition, changed- being bitchslapped by a lady. she really is a lady. it may take more than one break through to realize that. it seems like the first time it really scares people. it did for me, scared me a little the second time too. the third time though was completely perfect. i completely merged with everything around me and everything was peaceful. i would never hesitate to smoke salvia. in the near future im hopefully going to be shrooming (is it just me or are shrooms really hard to find these days?) and im thinking about visiting sally d while tripping shrooms.

yummy22 said:
Why does salvia make you feel hot?

probably physiological. does it really matter though?

i smoked outside when it was like thirty six degrees out, and i was good to go.

also if salvia reminds you of natty light, it will make you feel warm because you'll want to vomit. everyone at my school drinks natty. yuck.

heat, pulse and blood pressure
rise due to excitement
try to keep letting go
it will still be intense
but less of the adrenaline taint
will compound and
heat or sweat you out

I usually find the first signs
of prickly skin to be a welcoming sign
almost a rug burn joy note that the salvia is working.

It's an interesting substance. Sometimes it seems like there's depth, but looking back, it's hard to tell if there was or not. Bizarre when you throw in sex to the mixture. Mildly anxiety producing, but never anything like a psychedelic. Visuals were pretty unique, and strange, but never exceptionally complex. After the initial 15 minute warp I tend to feel very stoned for the next hour, in a more pleasant way than marijuana.

'tis one of the few drugs on which having sex is the last thing I'd think of

Yeah. Toked a big hit right before climax. Our bodies made a white silhouette on a black background, then I collapsed and watch a cascaded of neon curtains float on by for about 5 minutes. Then I felt sweaty and dirty, so I showered for 45 minutes. Pretty strange.

Salvia 20x first time (Long Read)

Situation: Five friends in an apartment waiting for me to deliver on my boastful claims that I posses the most powerful/legal thing known to man.

What happened: They ended up hitting it as I instructed (two 'water pipe' hits in close succession[just like this]) before I did.

Result: I took two massive tokes in quick succession immediately after watching my friends have an apparent kick-ass time. As I put the 'water pipe' down. I felt my arms get really really heavy. I realized that I was having an incredibly strong reaction and got a little nervous.

I looked at my arms (to see what could have been making them feel so heavy) and I saw four five little green men standing on my arms looking at me. They had the green transparency of sprite bottles and were also about as tall as said bottles.

I immediately assumed that I was at least 10X more fucked up than my friends ( who were all laughing joyfully while sitting Indian-style on the floor).

One friend looked at me and said "How was it? Are you fucked up?".

I can't even begin to describe the high level of anxiety that had overcome me. Though somewhat nonchalantly I said "oh yeah, I'll be right back" then I walked outside.

Outside, I looked again at my arms again and to my dismay the green men were still there. They were as real as real could be. I'm not a crazy person and/so I knew they weren't really real... but I saw them just as plain as day.

They kinds swayed from side to side just staring at me. I looked directly at them and said "I cannot believe this shit". I hurried on over to some shrubs next door and crouched down behind them; hoping that my friends didn't come outside to look for me.

Well, after a while, they did. But I was hid pretty good. The whole time they were calling my name... I was looking at the little green men that were weighing down my arms.

Long story short: They stayed with me for about 15 - 20 minutes. I sat in my car w/ air conditioner on, drank beer, listened to music... nothing got rid of those guys except time.

At about 15 minutes I even looked at them with a disappointing stare, thinking to myself "Please go the fuck away, I need to go back inside with my friends".

Bottom Line: Salvia Divinorum was by far the most powerful "thing" I've ever put in my body. I was looking for a 'party favor' but I got a relative sledgehammer.

ALL my friends had a good time on it except me, so I'm not sure how to advise you. I just had to get that off my chest....... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.