• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread (Archived start - 11-20-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
one is more physically numbing, while the other is more brainy i guess

^ thats what I've heard as well. The racemic is often reported as more 'cloudy' and physical with the S+ isomer being more 'sharp'. I kind of like the physical sensation of K so I hope I enjoy the S+ as much as do the racemic (which is quite a lot).

I'm a little confused about the distinction between the effects of the two. Is the basic idea that the s-isomer has a more prevalent mental component independent of its dissociative effects, whereas the racemic mixture's mental effects rely more heavily on body numbing, sensory deprivation-like, influences? It sounds qualitatively kind of like the mostly DXM vs. more equal amounts of DXM and DXO distinction when DXM is combined with cytochrome P450 inhibitors vs when it's not (ie. when there is a more even distribution of DXM and DXO in the body.) Clearly not a clean analogy, but I get the feeling that after the novelty effects of the s-isomer come to an end, that, just like with cytochrome P450 inhibitors and DXM, for most people, the mix will be the better option.

another note about the isomers, One is a more grainy appearance, like of salt. While the other is shardy, crystals ranging from peices to upto a cm Ive seen. but I dont know which is which :(

And another note (repeat mode): S+ causes me very annoying nausea and confusion, badly enough to refuse it altogether, while I really love racemic. YMWV

diche said:
another note about the isomers, One is a more grainy appearance, like of salt. While the other is shardy, crystals ranging from peices to upto a cm Ive seen. but I dont know which is which :(

aren't you confusing the cooked ketamine and pure ketamine hcl that was never put into "water"?
maybe I am wrong....

_Xorkoth_ side effects

For those that report using high doses of K daily for extended periods, did you notice any persisting side effects from this pattern of use?

I've often heard people who use K referred to pejoratively as "k-tards" which seems to imply mental impairment. However, I'm not sure if this is referring to people while on K or users showing sings of cognitive impairment while sober.

Its not hard to see how people on dissociatives could seem pretty messed up to outsiders. Its a common thing I hear. "I don't do K, K is a shitty drug, because people who are on it look weird". Its a bit like an otherwise smart person who tried to tell me with a straight face that mushroom visuals were due the fact that it makes your brain bleed. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that report using high doses of K daily for extended periods, did you notice any persisting side effects from this pattern of use?

Problems with language utilization, mostly vocabulary )or lack thereof) but also the occasional grammar difficulty. These seem to disappear with abstinance, but full recovery requires months of abstinance

At the risk of sounding like a junkie... it seems like I'm the only one here who LOVES the taste/smell of K? =D

To me, it tastes/smells like electricity. If you've ever played with one of those electric lightning toy thingies, you probably know what I mean.

You sound like a junkie. =D
I don't mind the taste and smell but I'm not really fond of it either, except perhaps by association.

I've never really paid attention to the smell of k specifically, but I have noticed my milligram scale smells quite a bit like the smell after a thunderstorm. A little bit swampish and like ozone/ negative ions etc. That may relate to your electricity smell, or we may be talking about totally different things.

I'm not sure what exactly gave it that smell, but its measured more ketamine than any other powder so it could be. :)

Jamshyd said:
At the risk of sounding like a junkie... it seems like I'm the only one here who LOVES the taste/smell of K? =D

To me, it tastes/smells like electricity. If you've ever played with one of those electric lightning toy thingies, you probably know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean, you mean you are a sick, sick man Jamshyd! =D

That smell is actually ozone and something tells me that one should be cautious of anything that smells like ozone/high voltage electrical discharge.

I've got a half built/cobbled together Tesla coil and whenever I#ve tested it, it makes me very nervous and the lingering smell associated with that fear is ozone - I personally think that it's rather negligent not to be scared of fuck off sized electrical discharges (3cm - 90kV... scary enough for me!)

In the interest of harm reduction just lick both contacts on a 9V battery and get your sick fix that way Jamshyd. Godspeed brother.

The taste of electricity is actually thought to be a pure taste sensation, i.e. when you plug your nose the taste that a mild electrical current applied to your tongue evokes will not be reduced as it has no retronasal component that can waft into your nostrils from the throat. Minus imperceptible amounts of ozone that is. The reason it's so hard to pin down the taste/smell/feel of electricity into one sense modality might be because the metallic taste it evokes is processed in the thalamic "taste" relay, and the direct stimulation of this relay (in volunteers already having brain surgery) elicits a metallic taste, an acidy smell, and a tingle in the tongue and mouth, and a feeling of "fullness" in the throat all at once; presumably these sensations are all processed contiguously with a significant degree of cross wiring between their respective neural substrates... sorry, never imagined I'd have a legitimate chance to use that info and couldn't resist.

Oh yes, my contribution to the topic:

=D K be straight bangin' yo! 8o %):( <3 It gives me psychic powers and shit for reals.

Earlier this morning after coming home from a few drinks with friends (5 beer in total), I was remembering what an overall shitty drug alcohol is for your body/brain and remembering that k has some neuroprotective effects I thought I would do a small bump to see how it would combine. I did a quick google check for interactions, but I highly doubt that a drug such as K would develop a long term reputation (deserved or not) as a "club drug" if any show stopping interactions with reasonable amounts of alcohol small amounts of K were common. An increased risk of vomiting is probably biggest potential issue I think of.

I did a single 40mg line and I found it very pleasant. The K seemed to override the alcohol effects somewhat and it was very pleasant. After the effects wore off I found myself feeling better than before and not as tired. I don't think I'd want to try this combo in a social situation (or when very drunk) but it was an enjoyable way to wind down the night.

Last edited:
e1evene1even said:
Earlier this morning after coming home from a few drinks with friends (5 beer in total), I was remembering what an overall shitty drug alcohol is for your body/brain and remembering that k has some neuroprotective effects I thought I would do a small bump to see how it would combine. I did a quick google check for interactions, but I highly doubt that a drug such as K would develop a long term reputation (deserved or not) as a "club drug" if any show stopping interactions with reasonable amounts of alcohol small amounts of K were common. An increased risk of vomiting is probably biggest potential issue I think of.

I did a single 40mg line and I found it very pleasant. The K seemed to override the alcohol effects somewhat and it was very pleasant. After the effects wore off I found myself feeling better than before and not as tired. I don't think I'd want to try this combo in a social situation (or when very drunk) but it was an enjoyable way to wind down the night.

I once snorted about a 80mg line of K after coming home from sn intimate gathering with some friends, where my best friend and I consumed about 5 or 6 beers each and maybe a shot or 2. It was a silly drunk idea and we just decided to do it. After the line, i could feel myself leaving my body like normally what happens when I do K, but then next thingi knew i was completely knocked out and anesthesized. I hardly remember anything and same with my friend. Bottom line, dont mix K and alcohol unless its a small amount of each and you have a tolerance and can handle it. I found it to be a big waste of K.

Bottom line, dont mix K and alcohol unless its a small amount of each and you have a tolerance and can handle it.

I agree totally. Keep the doses low. I did feel there could be been some potentiation as for 40mg I was a bit surprised, I didn't really expect to feel too much and just figured I'd value a few extra brain cells over a couple dollars worth of K.

Whenever I smoke weed after drinking, I find I'm extremely sedated and am basically out for the count immediately with the room spinning and feeling like shit.

When drunk the thought of other drugs is usually much better than the experience itself. I feel sorry for the person who decides being piss drunk is a good time for a DOx trip ;)

I enjoy a lot mixing k with alcohol, maybe not huge doses but it can keep me fired up and I can keep on drinking...and opens me up for interaction with people
i've allready done a pretty big dose when I was really drunk and I didn't have any counter effects, I was in k land and it was enjoyable, though I may have enjoyed and remembered it even more if I had done it sober. I was just like oh I did a lot, but that's what you get if you do it in the dark, and don't see what you're dosing and tell yourself ok maybe I didn't take a lot let's take some more ;o)

Ketamine Expiration?

I haven't been able to find any real info on this. The "big and dandy Ketamine thread" seemed very cluttered, so I hope you don't mind that I started one specifically for this question. Anyway...I'm wondering how long cooked ketamine would last and specifically if it would be dangerous or just lose some potency.

Hmm..

I dont know if this helps but Pharmacokinetic data suggests that it has a half life of 3 hours which means that it would take 3 hours for ketamine to decay to half its initial value...
am i right?
ive never done ketamine but thats what google tells me.

EDIT: I think what i listed is in correspondance to after ingested, so now im not sure of my answer.
Sorry if i was of no help

-SaRz

^ That'd be the bodily/metabolic half-life... I imagine that if stored properly ketamine is stable indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.