• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

I'm surprised this chemical doesn't have better reviews? I was interested in this for years, but the places carrying it were not very trustworthy. With the bad/inconsistent reviews, I suspected there could be bad batch. Finally a year ago or so, I found a place to get it that has a very good reputation and ordered.

I am very experienced with downers (diazepam, alprazolam, ghb, clonazepam, bromazepam, nitrazepam, midazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem, zopiclone, methocarbomal, 2M2B, benzobarbital, etizolam, carisoprodol, etc), but have no tolerance. No tolerance to alcohol either.

Quick Report:

T+0:00 - Take 200mg with a friend.

T+0:20 - Feel warmth in my legs, fuzzy head. Feels a lot like GHB! Good Sign. Friend says she feels a bit of warmth too.

T+0:40 - Stronger feeling, quite nice! Friend seems about 10 minutes behind in effects.

During this period I stopped taking notes and laid in bed and watched TV. We both agreed it's pretty euphoric. If GHB is a 10/10, etizolam is a 5/10, I would give it an 8/10. The feeling was definitely different from both GHB and Benzos, but it's hard to describe what the difference was.

T+3:00 - Seems to have started tapering off around T+ 1:40 and now am feeling pretty sober with no after effects. Short and sweet.

Notes from my friend: She doesn't like most benzos, they make her feel sad. Etizolam was okay for her though. Likes GHB quite a bit and find alcohol mediocre. When asked for her analysis she said, she wished she had taken a bit higher of a dose, but was still very nice. She would rate them:

GHB 9/10
Etizolam 5/10
Etaqualone 8/10

Etaqualone is of course much shorter.

I know everyone reacts differently, but I can't help but think there are some purity or tolerance issues with some of these reports.

Etaqualone IMO is not even worth comparing in the same breath to GHB... tried some of this a while ago and even at doses of 600mg I didn't notice a lot of intoxication, just a really shitty short-term memory!

garbage, nothing like a lude. infact some of the effects are opposite of the intended effects. if you get a sample go for it, but DON'T pay for it.

I cant understand why nobody likes it. I think its the wrong ROA. Oral does nothing but more than nasal. Even its disgusting you have to smoke or vape it in big amounts. Every time i do this I get pleasant disorientation that is totally different from benzos. It makes me very sleepy if I'm already a bit tired. The sad part is the short duration. It's perfect to ad to a "good night joint". Mebroqualone has the same duration but a better high vor me. Looks like I'm the only one who likes it... strange

Has anyone tried injecting this? Can it be done?

its injectable, its very water soluble. havent injected yet tho just smoked it. definetely works smoking it. all the people who dont feel anything on this chemical got exxtremely underdosed or bunk product. i have a huge tolerance to everything and it worked on me

Ok well I injected some. Very odd, definitely didn't miss vein but I got next to zero rush and no after effects. Smoking this is a much more effective method of using this. Although I haven't insulated it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
all the people who dont feel anything on this chemical got exxtremely underdosed or bunk product

I was taking up to ~600mg of GC/MS verified stuff. I'm pretty sure etaqualone is just a loser as a recreational drug...

And don't even bother the more potent analog, Mebroqualone.
It's better than ETQ, potent & effect-wise, but it lasts 60 minutes, tops.

The ROA is a tricky one, too. It kind of sort of works (not really) sublingually. Orally, (at less than crazy doses) the liver eliminates most material, before it reaches the blood plasma & crosses the blood-brain barrier. So, no go, there.

The problem: it's not really soluble in anything you'd have at hand in a regular household, or something available OTC, IME. (DMSO might work,though)

I was taking up to ~600mg of GC/MS verified stuff. I'm pretty sure etaqualone is just a loser as a recreational drug...

Do you have any benzo/alcohol tolerance? I'm just trying to figure out why some people seem to get nothing from this, while others (me for example) think it's great. It'd be one of my favorites if it lasted longer than 2 hours...

No, I don't take benzos nor drink regularly. I generally don't get much in the way of positive effects out of benzos when I do do them.

I think there's better drugs around.

I guess we have different brain chemistry then! I'm quite fond of benzos and also etaqualone. Different strokes and all that...

I do not condone what I just did for anybody else to do, they say know your body in the three "knows" right? well I know i am right now in half methadone withdrawal as in 39mg isnt cutting it and it is on purpose because of a switch later to suboxone in external medicine for 5-6 hours or maybe 12 unfortunately if i don't fully sick then after the day before not having any done...anyways....I spent 3 days up with my fuckfriend with boobs and an incredible lust for sex when I give her some of my Dexedrine 10mg spans and 5mg IR's...so...of course I also indulged, I have an obvious amphetamine tolerance of about 20-25mg of dex a day when used normally, to party I can use up to 110mg in 2 days and ride the third day still centrally stimulated even if really physically tired, never go past that. But this morning when I got home from her house, I felt realllllly shitty, because for the first time in 3 years we had a lame little emotional fight...lets just say both of us know we would be together since 2 years seriously if I was able to tolerate her screaming and yelling and crying 3 year old devil with behaviour development problems, they dont know what it is sure for sure, but down's and severe autism is ruled out....but damn...I got here still on the edge of a major psychiatric with all the weight of the world state of a constant background level panic attack.

20 mins after getting home, i look at the the mail again, stupid fucking mailmen who arent finished with their jobs at 9 am should be fired.....anyway, someone somehow thought it would be nice to send me 3g of etaqualone along with some etizolam and alprazolam powder. Knowing the latter 2 very well. Anybody with experience using this thing for really shitty amp comedowns ? I would think that if it is remotely like we all heard how quaaludes would make people more euphoric than alcohol in social settings and would put one to sleep straight away if taken alone at home. I measured 0,31g (310mg...) which seems to be just 10mg over the (former?) etaqualone containing available drug in france mainly used for insomnia i think, which had 300mg. How long does this thing tend to kick in, i read this thread from bottom to finish a month ago or so and everybody was going about how it lasted only 45 min - 1 hour, some saying it was bunk (lol, probably huge benzo heads themselves or alcoholics to say this, not many providers offer etaqualone at decent prices anyway). Also read of people feeling it for 3-4-5 hours so I guess it could put my head to sleep which really really needs it, imagine a really awesome night of sex interrupted with a...for lack of knowing what his brain problem is (not FAS or anything like that please, the girl didn't do anything but toke weed for nausea when pregnant from that moron violent ex boyfriend of hers who forced her to keep it at gunpoint, knife point, threatening molotov cocktails etc., so she finds me out of this world great this i know her (bit more than 3 years) but that is irrelevant still, sorry, damn amphemine leftover effects...anyway, I parachuted the 310mg by seperating the 2 light layers of a tp square and used one of the halves and down it went 10 mins ago....I don't feel anything affecting my anxiety yet but I sure do feel a sort of muscle relaxation in the arms and hands(lots and lots of typing on a too small laptop keyboard (arent they all?) at her place to get her loads of tunes off my personal servers so I have muscle tension and pain from overuse in sex and non ergonomic computer use (it was low, because the hdmi cable to the tv we used for it wasnt long enough and moved it closer but it had to be much lower in a bearable but i guess bad position to use when you are taking a "break" from 50 mins of fucking then going at it again in circle etc. I think I read this thing is an excellent muscle relaxer, beating even the best one out there, Soma (other than some benzos i think) which we don't have in Canada since 1992, discontinued and never picked back up.

Ok after tying this whole paragraph i'm feeling a little drunkish....if this can be like alcohol in a powder with no nausea and hangover effects ( i dont drink alcohol since a decade) and the muscle relaxation of a drug like carisoprodol which I was prevented from being able to use since i'm 10 year old....this thing looks promising, even makes me forget my bronchial pain due to chainsmoking 4 packs of cigs in 3 days (another reason why i rarely still do speed binges no matter how awesome the sex is).

an after thought

It IS true it seems to simply stop....it gave me some amnesia of how long I had been in that euphoric super lovable and funny (which is out of character for me in situations like now (am at a dumb low dose of methadone cos I switch to bupe soon and I def don't feel 100% and even when I do as an individual who is sober, I've went at lengths to write great stories (I type very fast...my type of posting might indicate that fact...heh). And I had whole rooms of jaded basement dwellers on irc channels in their late 30's and I ended up being told that I had managed to put myself back on feet faster than 90% of everyone I know rl and oti were convinced I was gonna go back to the needle and dillies.

Yet when "I came to" I didn't remember much of what I talked about on msn irc and on the actual phone (landline) not more textchat, fuck sms with a passion please!

I gotta say that I'm not sure I'll up the dosage, only downside is that I have a vague feeling of feeling awesome after that binge I had and now I just feel meh, hungry and wished ludes junior lasted longer! Next time I'll take one of my scripted benzo with it (xanax or valium) and take about half to 1/3 the dose and see where that brings me.

I tried Etaqualone a few times. It's comparable to Gabapentin in terms of effects IME.

1) 400mg Etaqualone + 2mg Etizolam (tolerance)
-I felt loose and happy and music sounded good.
-The Etaqualone seemed to induce a pleasant mood, increased patience and muscle relaxation.

2) Same dose ^ next day.
-Similar effect but less pronounced.

3) Codeine CWE (aprox 200mg?) + 300mg Etaqualone.
-The Etaqualone potentiated the Codeine and helped to take the caffeine edge off.
-I felt higher and a little dizzier than usual with increased respiratory depression.
-Fell asleep on it and woke up feeling normal the next day.

Overall it seemed to be subtle but somewhat useful.

Glad you enjoy it too....but I was for 2 years on 2x300mg of gabapentin a day + some experimentation...but this feels a lot more like the time i had access to 2 seconal pills or a really good benzo I haven't tried yet (meaning it isn't available in canada, removing tranxene from the lot, never had it, but yeah).

Gabapentin didnt improve my mood at all and made me feel spacey and feel like I was losing IQ points by the shovel-ful.

Last edited:
Well now I'm out, that was fast, as well as the 250mg of etizolam I got at the beginning of the month, I have a 0,00g scale but it's a cheap one compared to the one I broke by stepping on it when getting out of bed :X and I'm not sure how much I was taking most of the time... I wanted to use those to scale down my scripted benzo use (mostly the valium, which is 20mg a day, i get a complimentary .5mg of xanax for panic attacks but those seem gone since I'm injecting testosterone due to what methadone did to my endocrine system)....so maybe I'll be able to tough it out with the remaining 4X10mg I have left until the end of the month...thankfully I got shitloads of clonidine, that always works when out of benzos for a little while.

It wouldn't have happened if I didn't want to nod off bupe though....shit.

Etaqualone has intrigued me for a while. its not as easy as it was once to find. but its pretty cheap and i always get mixed feelings from people. ithink it sounds like a chem id love to research.
if it has some muscle relaxation properties and hypnotic sedative fx ill be happy.

well depends wher eyou look i suppose. but if etizloam would act as long as etaqualone.id say same.but etiqualone is something to get you through the night.