• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

I'm interested in this from my vendor.. as the only other alternatives are chlorobutanol, bromisovalum, 2M2Bm phenprobamate, & Tripelennamine (the latter of which seems pretty dubious in its anxiolytic/sedative effects since its primarily a H1 antagonist, albeit w/o the anticholinergic effects diphenhydramine & the like possess.. & supposed anxiolytic effects? but also stimulatory effects? as i said- dubious...). etaqualone is the only one that seems most effective in my research here. (the benzodiazepine RC's are currently out of stock- some jerk bought up everything all at once- its been months since they've been in stock; at least etizolam is promised by middle October. But i'm looking for something more immediate)

Any further input than from what was already said?

I am tolerant to high dose sof butalbital, 1500mg/day. I know this acts on the beta GABA-a binding site, which is different from benzodiazepines which mostly effect alpha binding sites. For what its worth- i can take 0.25-0.5 of clonazepam & get adequate effects. HOWEVER.. not so w/ drugs like carisoprodol. (I moved from carisoprodol to butalbital)... if i try to take carisoprodol now, even at high doses- i get next to nill. So, it seems they 'compete" for the same binding site, rather than potentiating one another (like benzos+barbs)

Any input?

Last edited:
If you're doing grams+ of butalbital, etaqualone isn't gonna do shit...

I think Etaqualone binds at the same site as barbs, soma, and phenprobamate (it certainly looks like it would) - though I've never been able to find any confirmation for this. I could never find any binding data for methaqualone - technology probably wasn't there yet before it was banned.

Wanted to add some more thoughts that I didn't post initially, and a basic run-down of my experiences with this:

Oral:
Dose: ~300-400mg
Duration: 1.5-2 hours
High: Nice relaxing high somewhat similar to benzos but with more of a rush, much more euphoric, very nice

Smoked:
Dose: ~30-100mg
Duration: 5-10 minute peak, 30 minutes total
High: Feels like 30mg Diazepam but with the euphoria from a high dose of GBL or some MDMA or something - insane rush/euphoria, though short-lived. Supreme muscle relaxation and chill too.

One thing I'll say is that this isn't worth taking if you have much of a tolerance to GABAergics in general, when I took 700mg orally with Etizolam tolerance it did nothing for me at all. ~300-350mg without tolerance though was great. Most smoked doses without any sort of large tolerance are awesome too.

This also mixes great with other depressants but this is something I'd really avoid, risky business. CNS depressant combos should be avoided, and if you're going to combo, qualones aren't the best thing for it safety wise.

Well Sekio.. I was actually looking to replace butalbital intake; or at least lower it. Baclofen is helping of sorts... but, it gives me tough side effects that are hard to deal with, especially at work & such.

But, the reason being i'd like to try this in place of grams of barbiturates is two folds:

1) In case of withdrawal. For comparison- i'm on buprenorphine, 4mg a day; i've been through severe opioid withdrawal, fentanyl. Was on 4 patches a day at my worst :( ..they were the highest dosage available (at least at THAT time?), 10mg i believe? shit its been so long, since '06! Old duragesic brand- easily extract & dry the gel- then usually smoke to give my veins a break from the dope; & use 1 patch sublingually; wear another; play with the other two. NOTHING compares to barbiturate withdrawal. Complete psychosis, delirium (i'd assume barbiturate induced delirium tremens), hallucinations, derealization, depersonalization, all in addition to all the physical shit from opioid withdrawal- explosive diarrhea; sweats/hot-flashes; vomiting; no appetite; & exasperated insomnia, tremor, & anxiety--much worse than w/ opioidergics since this is GABAergic withdrawal, obviously.

2) I've been to psych wards over barbiturate/butalbital withdrawal, & i don't want that shit to happen.. EVER! Reason? I had a seizure (2 uncles w/ seizures; 1 of which died from one) & aside from a measly fucking 15mg of temazepam (which i was already on).. they refused to treat me (wasn't till the next day i actually talked to a LEGITIMATE DOCTOR about it); they would not even do the fucking decency of at least REFERRING me to a FUCKING neurologist! Of course... they came to these determinations AFTER asking if i had insurance or not (which i don't). ON TOP OF THIS- THEY CONTINUED MY TAPER of phenobarbital!?!? the next day.. they ACTUALLY ACCELERATED THE TAPER. During the seizure (a friend was there; & i am semi-conscious during my "seizures"--or whatever they are) they fucking refused to even give me an injection or something.

Fuck, i wouldn't been fine w/ a non-benzodiazepine or a non nonbenzodiazepine (lol if you get what i mean..); just ANY anticonvulsant and/or antiepileptic to stop this from recurring (which it has, twice; i get them often if not treated; been forced back onto self-medicating w/ the butalbital). But nope, they wouldn't even give me measly IV of shitty lorazepam to stop the severe tremor that developed in my right hand.

But, that's how it is in U.S. psych wards, particularly after deinstitutionalization, which had is upsides, but not always. Psych-hospitals are still owned by the state with no independent oversight. & all the TMP employees (the non-medically trained employees, they're just baby sitters) admit this.. how shit is just "swept under the rug and no one hears about it" all by that particular site's director--exact words told to me by a cool dude, Ryan. But, rape by fellow "patients" AND by employees, murder & assault between "patients" (w/o any ability to press charges, either), shit, you name it, it happens. Anyway, i'm long-winded as usual; heh.. but, basically i'm looking at all options to help in this taper; b/c obviously every doctor i've spoken to doesn't know what the fuck is going on or doesn't want to engage in a patient-doctor RELATIONSHIP.

Just ate 250mg from a second batch. I originally used the first batch while on methadone (please do not do this), but I imagine I won't get to feel like if I was hungover when this is all over, I'm on subox now and I don't even have any today, so this etaq saves my ass, no benzos either, I get to refill tomorrow on some lame 0,5mg xanax (15), when this script nears its end i'll ask my pharmacy to send a fax to my psychiatrist (typical procedure) to have it bumped to 1mg pills and ask back for those 25mg seroquels while at it so he'll be all giddy i'm asking for something else than just a benzo dose raise. I did it before.

I think I'm starting to feel it now. I'm out of cigarettes and it's quite a downer (lol). I don't feel like walking outside in -21c temperature, even if it's not very windy. But maybe i'll get to feel goofy enough later to do so. I love this stuff. Is it still scripted in France?

Wow, within me entering this post and another it climbed to -16c outside, but I feel so silly I wonder what would happen if I got up baha.

True, I have a massive benzo tolerence 4mg clonazepam day everyday since 2004, I took 500mg ethaqualone with a 250mg redose half hour later with minimal effects like a threshold GHB dose.

Also it causes massive tolerence to it which you need to give 7 days in between in order to get it back to normal. Sorry to double post

Same for me, sorry, I was having a bit of fun. Although I think the anti-constipation medication I'm taking which says "do not use another medicaton within 3 hours after using Relaxa" probably made the whole thing a bit weaker, because I ate 400mg after supper being a bit mad about how so short it lasted and slept 11 hours on a day where I didn't have benzos. Today was refill day so it'll be a while before I take some more.

It was a lot more fun on a dexedrine comedown that was really difficult to handle some months ago.

Wait, one needs to wait 7 days to feel Etaq again? Not my experience with the first batch I got 4-5 months ago.

Last edited:
Further "research" with this compound has been phenomenal, and if I could have it scripted instead of benzos, I def would use it. Eating 250mg then smoking 50-100mg provokes such profound, deep in your muscles, relaxing effects with some euphoria comparable to actual crack (freebase one makes oneself with high quality cocaine is very relaxing strangely, anyone who's done it will agree). Except it doesn't make me fear anything about my heart. Which is good. Didn't smoke freebase since early 2009 and will keep it that way, over-expensive BS.

Right now after spending 5 days without valium, I ate more than my usual dose (need to establish stable plasma concentration again, I imagine, this always happens). Etaqualone eaten then boosted with smoking some of it is much more powerful than ANY benzo I ever had...except maybe Nitrazepam, Mogadon, god of hypnotics is so difficult to obtain even legitimately these days that I don't bother asking doctors anymore for it. It is very bizarre how etaqualone freebase tastes the same as homemade crack, it even seems to have some local anasthetic properties like cocaine (much lower in strength) but I do get the very same taste in my mouth and a slight numbing of my lips and tongue.

Smoking it by itself without having ingested some seems a bit useless...you get all the punch but it goes away quicker than freebase coke. Right now I'm out of it (temporarily), got some more in the mail coming. The profound release of tightened muscles is so wonderful for me since I am in constant benzo tolerance withdrawal...if I can use etaqualone to vastly reduce my dosing of valium and xanax, i will do it. It is weaker than most benzos generally, I don't fiend for it. All I fiend for is a stop to the benzo tolerance withdrawal, the always tightened muscles in my forearms (it's even painful) and legs due to benz tolerance wd is a bane in my life.

This could be useful for someone who wants to stop using benzos. It is a lot less more-ish than benzos, when dosed in the manner presented in this post. One has to note that I wasn't on any benzos when using the etaqualone this way, I was using it in a way as to save benzos. And it worked, only reason I was left without benzos for 5 days is because I got the etaqualone at a point where I had already fucked up greatly with my scripts that I had very little left once I started using the etaqualone, but I still didn't reach for them when I had the etaqualone! I would use it in the morning to face the day, 200mg + 2-3 50mg puffs. And the same thing or a little less before bed. Much more useful than any benzos I have access to. Well kind of, if my xanax script wasn't little 0,5mg pills but 1 or 2mg tabs I could be okay with that, problem is I only get 30 of those a month, and 60 10mg valiums a month, and to feel okay I need to take more scripted. Sigh.

Etaqualone - Details, Dosage

Etaqualone

I hope this post provides some clarity for those using the search engine, looking for information on Etaqualone. Results, while there, are a bit cluttered and hopefully this can act as a safe, reliable anchor.

Information
Etaqualone is essentially an analogue of methaqualone, developed for the European market in the 60's. It's main markets were those in France, Germany and the Benelux countries, although its usage may have extended elsewhere. It was primarily used for the treatment of insomnia, but may also have had other implications off-label. Traditional dosage was approximately 350mg. Effects can be described as being half-way between a sceletal relaxent and traditional benzodiazepines.

Dosage
As aforementioned, the traditional dosage used in Etaqualone when used as medication in Europe was 350mg orally. Assuming the product you have is from a reliable source and has proof-of-purity, it may be advisable to start doses at 200mg and work up, not exceeding 500mg. Overdose is treatable, but it is often hard for the user to actually find help once over-intoxication has been achieved. Dosage should be lowered when vaporising, or plugging/using sublingally. As the product available in Europe and the New World nowadays comes (generally) in the form of freebase, it is not advisable to use this chemical IV.

Effects
  • Euphoria
  • Sedation
  • Removal of Inhibitions
  • Increase in Sexuality
  • Loss of Coordination
  • Temporary Amnesia

Tolerance
As with many 'downers', it is reasonable to suspect that Etaqualone may be cross-tolerant with other substances acting on the GABA receptors, such as benzodiazepines, thenodiazepines, z-type drugs, certain relaxants and barbiturates. IT IS NOT ADVISED, HOWEVER, THAT YOU START ON A HIGHER DOSE ON THE PRESUMPTION OF TOLERANCE. OVERDOSE MAY BE FATAL.

not much bang for your buck, from recent looking at prices... 3 oral doses 350mg or 50mg etizolam, i'd go for the etizolam myself, allthough i am very tempted to try this again. Did it years ago, smoked the powder in a pipe (probably wasted a fair amount, because i wasn't vaping), Crazy euphoric crack of downers rush euphoria but lasted like 5-10 minutes max...

Allthough tempting to sublingual or vape, and despite the superior euphoria i experienced, and others have reported, i don't think i'll bother with this one again, rather some meclonazepam or etizolam, not that i need RC benzos atm, but may come in handy at some point....