• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DXM Thread (archive start - 12-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont wanna go buy some benadryl just for 25mgs

i'm taking 300mg of dxm.

i was itchy madly, UNBEARABLY, with 600mg

I'm wondering if it'll be as bad with half the dose.

i tend to get itchier on lower doses, whereas with high doses (700mg and above), the itchiness goes away, because your entire sense of having a corporeal body goes away, and you are just thoughts floating in the vortex of the universe

well, i ended up doing a bottle. 300 mg

no itchiness!!!

but I vomited. :( on purpose, and it felt good. I was trying to sober up because later I had to drive.

I was kinda fucked up, felt a bit drunk and high. Good feeling for just hanging out.

I got a call about some really really good <stuff> an hour away.

and um, yeah. Driving on DXM is interesting. Especially when you encounter a car stopped in the middle of the highway FACING YOU.

it was fun.

^^ In the future... don't take DXM if you're going to have to sober up and drive later on.

Common sense can be your friend, if you make the time to get to know him. ;)

Xorkoth said:
^^ In the future... don't take DXM if you're going to have to sober up and drive later on.

Common sense can be your friend, if you make the time to get to know him. ;)

ah, but as Voltaire said, "Common sense is not so common!"

Actually, I was already amidst a robo trip when I got the call. The drive was worth the risk. . . THIS TIME.

I will try to not risk it at all, if possible, next time. I might not be as lucky.

About the itches... I used to have them the first 2 or 3 times, after, they were completely absent. So I guess you grow a tolerance to them.

you know, the thing about the itches is funny because sober i am the itchiest mother fucker around (i have dry skin and allergies) but on opiates and DXM i've NEVER gotten itchy... funny. (for me :D)

I feel sorry for you for not getting the itch on opiates. I love them

However when I first started experimenting with DXM it's itch would drive me nuts. It was like someone dumped a fire ant nest on me. Now I don't get the slightest tingle in my skin. Though my normal dose is around 600mg

Alright, so if I didn't admit it then I'll admit it now. It was stupid. Especially since it was a drive to get drugs. And I was lucky I didn't get into an acccident.

there.

:(

What could have happened to egoïstic you isn't the issue here, the issue is that you endangered innocent people for what's essentially no reason, and even dare to brag about it and tell it as if it's a fun thing to do, thereby possibly causing other morons to attempt to "have fun" in this manner on DXM too.

Just thought I'd rub it in a little more. =D

[edit] Scrolling back I noticed that the point sorta has been made earlier. Oh well...

the main problem i had with dxm was the insane glow/hangover i had from the experience that really ruined it for me. I would take 400-600mg on a tuesday morning and being cognitively impaired to give a speech on thursday. It lingered way to long and it stuck with me like needles in my head. the whole experience felt alien

Does anybody else feel extremely messed up in the morning after a night of dxm and then sleeping?

dimensiontripping said:
Does anybody else feel extremely messed up in the morning after a night of dxm and then sleeping?

i used to love that feeling in my DXM-Days. It didn't impair me though, it was like a warm, glowing feeling inside that grew stronger if you focused on it, and faded away if you were not paying attention to it

If DXM gives you a burnt out hangover feeling the day after I'd recommend you:

1) Try a lower dose of DXM as generally the higher the dose the worse the hangover

2) Take only one dose of DXM per sitting, as reupping the dose causes more neurotoxicity

3) Perhaps you are using DXM too often- try to use it no more than once or twice a month or ideally only a few times a year

3) Try using health supplements (CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Lecithin, DMAE) which are said to minimize DXM's side effects and hangover.

I use these health supplements just about whenever I robotrip and very rarely feel a next day hangover (even if I use 600-900 mg of DXM).

Been using DXM for 8 years now and many hundreds of trips and still the feeling hasn't grown old. At the worst sometimes I have to quit it for months to bring back the magic.

I always don't want to eat the-day-after, but if I eat I usually feel more lively.
But I like most of the-days-after ;)

Actually the day after I try to have a big meal because I know the day before I didn't eat much at all. I'm not a fan of fasting and think the mind's sharper and more alert and body's stronger when one has had a good meal every 3-4 hours.

Sometimes I notice people on here talk about combining strong stimulants with DXM. I wanted to warn against this. This can be VERY dangerous. This combo can shoot your blood pressure/pulse way up, make you dehydrated and overheated. Believe me, I know as I'm speaking from personal experience. I've combined DXM with Adderall, Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine on different occasions. Stimulants that I've found to be safe with DXM are Caffeine, DMAE, Wellbutrin, DL-Phenylalanine or Rhodiola.

Do any of you guys have problems with getting sleepy and sluggish on DXM? Years ago DXM didn't used to make me tired but these days my usual robotrip makes me very sleepy. It's really frustrating as I get so sleepy that I can't fully appreciate the DXM and sometimes pass out while still tripping. I'm forced to resort to combining mild stimulants and smart drugs with my Dex to counteract this sleepy feeling.

I guess maybe some of my neurotransmitters are depleted or something. I should get much more into exercising.

Other than the sleepiness and occasional nausea DXM gives me no side effects these days and has seemed relatively benign. I can't see myself quitting it any time soon. Even though my girlfriend wants me too. Why quit a substance where the positives vastly outweigh the negatives, eh.

hi guys ! so in few days i'm planning to take some DXM. i got no tolerance, i've done it only few times and it was about 2-3 years ago. i weigh about 63kg. 450mg should by my start dose ? what are the doses for out of body experience assuming u have no tolerance ? another issue is the nausea. I had to puke 2 or 3 times after dropping 450mgs. Is dxm more base or acidic ? What should be contents of my stomach ? full ? half-full ?. Shall i drink some sour juice to reduce nausea ? I'm not going to buy any benadryl etc.

^^^ Yes, there are times, when I just can't stay awake after DXM. This is really annoing, but it happens rarely. Sometimes when I eat 225-300 at, lets say, 22:00, I can't sleep after ?main? trip :p

^There are loads of FAQ's on internet, for sure there're many threads on this forum...
For the first time I took 225mg. I felt really good, but now I would take 300mg as a starting dose.
OBE didn't ever happen to me (doses 150-900mg).
About nausea: DXM is more base. You should eat 100mg at once, then wait about 15-20mins and eat next 100mg. That should prevent vomiting.
About fullnes of stomach: I prefer to eat something light 2h before taking, then nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.