• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
samadhi_smiles said:
Are the CEVs on DPT beautiful? I haven't heard much discussion about its visuals.
I find DPT's CEVs--and perhaps 2C-E's--to be the most beautiful of the many psychedelics I've experienced. For me, they are overwhelmingly feminine in character, constructed of grand ethereal plumes, silky tessellations, and delicate, luminous wisps. Their tactile dimension is velveteen and profoundly yielding--almost liquid-like--yet despite all this finery there is an undeniable power and majesty alloyed with their designs.

Youkai said:
think of math, or numbers rather, there are an infinate number of numbers correct? but WE create problems by pulling out singular units and giving them rules, I think the problem is we make the problem. ;)

Very nice statement! It made me think and smile. :)

Xorkoth said:
Very nice statement! It made me think and smile. :)

thanks, Im happy that you were able to find the meaning I was getting at by the statement.

ie there is no problem! Dang I'm studying the wrong field then (analytic phil). I should be studying the field with flowers in it! =D ;) :) :D %)

so tonight I did 200 mg orally in orange juice. there was practically no body load, except some mild nausea and mild tachycardia. the trip itself was good, but not in a way I expected at all. I felt sedated, thoughts came slowly, i felt dissociated, OEV's (mild, although very responsive to music changes) were ONLY present when listening to music (during which I enjoyed to close my eyes and have visions of other places). overall, it was much more dissociative than I expected - more "stoned" even than energetically psychedelic. the best part was the euphoria; although this was an almost ecstasy-like, body euphoria, even though at times with my eyes closed and music on it was intellectual euphoria.

Is it just me, or are the sedative/dissociative effects of DPT underemphasized? after trying insufflation and oral administration, I will opt for IM or rectal next time.

Also, insufflating DPT was not what I would call sedative, what with the jitters, even though I did have the urge to lie down.

Last edited:
psood0nym said:
I find DPT's CEVs--and perhaps 2C-E's--to be the most beautiful of the many psychedelics I've experienced. For me, they are overwhelmingly feminine in character, constructed of grand ethereal plumes, silky tessellations, and delicate, luminous wisps. Their tactile dimension is velveteen and profoundly yielding--almost liquid-like--yet despite all this finery there is an undeniable power and majesty alloyed with their designs.

DPT is extremely pleasant yes

Ecomomy of words eh? =D

Yes I found DPT to be a sort of molten chocolate, purple hued experience at 50mg IM - and music coming in through headphones definitely pushed it in a certain direction

I, too, found Youkai's statement to be awesome!

Funny how we all react differently to it and yet we all agree that it is beautiful =D

My typical DPT visuals are snow-white and pure gold, and include lots of eyes and domes and feathers and wings.

Interestingly enough, 2C-E gave me eyes as well. But it was very different from DPT or any tryptamine really.

I am happy to say that I am starting to come in terms with my last trip. Xorkoth, you are absolutely right. This "alien object" has started unfolding on its own through reflection, and it is releasing some marvelous revelations as it does. I say this a week after the trip, this is something...

Jamshyd said:
I am happy to say that I am starting to come in terms with my last trip. Xorkoth, you are absolutely right. This "alien object" has started unfolding on its own through reflection, and it is releasing some marvelous revelations as it does. I say this a week after the trip, this is something...

Great! The more I experience these things and discuss with others who have experienced them, the more I think that unless you've got some sort of underlying mental condition or you take obscene, dangerous doses of the majority of serotonergic psychedelics, you'll be just fine physically. The only time I ever seem to see people get fucked up from them is when they fight the realizations they've had and try to repress them, or sometimes even worry about them too much, which can lead to serious depersonalization, "HPPD" (PTSD more appropriately), and depression/anxiety.

^ Too right. The only real long term damage I've seen serotonogic hallucinogens cause is in people who had all the signs of a psychotic illness before taking a psychedelic.

I have seen non-pre-psychotic people get caught up in anxiety loops/panic attacks over a psychedelic experience, but it's always been because of their denial of what had come to their attention during the trip. One friend took up until his 37th birthday to 'come out', yet hed had gay experiences ,but was always 'but I'm mostly straight'. He used to have some horrible anxiety ridden trips, but since admitting to himself that he's gay, he's tripped a couple of times and he said they were some of the best he's ever had.

Once he'd come to terms with it and was happy, I joked with him once that at one point he was so far back in the closet that he was in Narnia! (He chortled at that one - can't say he would have done a couple of years previous to that)

dpt

DPT wasn't anything special. First time I did it i did 80mg nasally and it just didn't give me that acid high that kept me trippin'. it did manage to keep me up all night though. oh yeah and i threw up instantly like i'd just sniffed chalk it all went straight down my throat and really just wasn't expecting it honestly.

If you threw up instantly you'd have lost some of what went up your nose (possibly a lot). 80mg of DPT 'up yer hooter' is equivalent to about 45mg of DPT IM from what I've read & 45mg DPT in a muscle is enough to chane your whole world in a really dramatic way for 2-3 hours

I would definitely have to disagree with the above. I've done DPT quite a number of times, both insufflated and IMed. I cannot honestly say IMing it is 'stronger' but rather different. The drug comes on far smoother and is more consistant. But it was never my experience that intensity was markably increased....certainly not by a factor of almost 2.

22mg would definitely be enought for a +2. I could even see it producing a +3 if I were smoking marijuana with it,

Bumping this thread for Bare_head and to answer his question.

Experiments done last year with DPT alone (orally) were not very interesting, so the remainder was put away for a rainy day. Then recently reading some trip reports off erowid I noticed some people using a MAOI before hand. Having some Syrian Rue on hand, an experiment was done using around 2 or 3 grams of Rue followed by roughly an hour later with 150mg DPT. Further experiments followed with caapi and rue extract for the MAOI and doses of DPT around the 100 to 150mg range.

Results were some of the better psychedelic experiences as recalled from the test subject(s). Also, the total duration was fairly short with about an hour to two of blissfull 2+ then gradually coming back to earth in a couple more hours. Wonderfull CEVs. Recent tests were performed on a perfect spring day afternoon enjoying our local fine southern weather. One of the memories that stands out is watching my friend's dog standing in the breeze with the grass and wildflowers moving with the wind brought wave after wave of euphoria to us both.

I can also see why the Temple of Inner Light uses DPT was a sacrament. There were instances where I felt like I was "kissed by God" for lack of a better term. It also reinforced by belief that many religious experiences in the past were due to psychedelic compounds either accidentally, on purpose, or as some have speculated, released in the brain. I'm a little too old and too experienced to have a religious experience that shakes my foundations (been there, done that in my youth). MAOI/DPT just reaffirmed things.

the fine print: Use caution when dealing with MAOIs and be sure to read and follow all the dietary restrictions instructions before use. Not to be used by women who are pregnant or might become pregnant. See your doctor if you have an erection lasting more than 6 hours and tell me what all you took to get a boner for 6 hours... I want some :)

morninggloryseed said:
I would definitely have to disagree with the above. I've done DPT quite a number of times, both insufflated and IMed. I cannot honestly say IMing it is 'stronger' but rather different. The drug comes on far smoother and is more consistant. But it was never my experience that intensity was markably increased....certainly not by a factor of almost 2.

I was going by your post equating 60mg IM with 100mg nasal. I'd never snort anything if at all possible

morninggloryseed said:
50mg IM is a pretty strong dosage. I've gone as high as 100mg insufflated, and I'd say 60mg or so IMed will take one there. But it is hard to compare as they come on differently. IMed DPT comes on very smooth compared to insufflated DPT. So it is so hard to compare with insufflated which hits me VERY hard and is downright uncomfortable. I wish I had never snorted DPT actually, I might have a better relationship with it, had I not been so traumatized by those three 100mg insufflated experiences.

But I didn't compare 100mg snorted with 60mg IM. :)

I simply said that 60mg IM should get one there, meaning a +3. As I said, and as you quoted me, they are fairly different experiences (in the way that ketamine IMed is different than ketamine snorted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.