• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, interesting stuff, Xi. You say the "ubiquitous DPT eye"... are you refering to the eye motif?

What the hell is up with that?? I see eyes *every time* I took DPT (about 7 times or so now). To me, the "eyes" are angel archetypes - ie, the guardians around the gates of the trascendent. They never felt threatning in any way. In fact, DPT has affected me so strongly that I wear a pendant with a simple eye-in-triangle symbol on it just in its honour :).

I understand what you mean by "comfortable death" on Ketamine - you need not explain more, hehe.

I hope this sacrament takes you where you want. I would like to remind you and everyone else that DPT does have a "breakthrough" line as with DMT... its hard to say at which dose this could happen, but I'd say around at least 80mg insufflated (my last dose for DPT by itself was 120mg of DPT insufflated - never again! my sinus hates me for it... I will be IMing it next time, since rectal doesn't work well for DPT). The experience changes dramatically at higher doses to become pure anihalation.

I find there is a HUGE relationship between people's pereference for DPT and their attitudes towards death. If one has a negative attitude towards death, I would not recommend DPT. But as far as you are concerned, Ximot, you seem good to go ;).

Interesting though... I find ring-substituted tryptamines to be the least inviting of all psychedelics...

Jamshyd said:
are you refering to the eye motif?

I am, though I have not yet seen the DPT eyes. I just read about them here.

Yeah, I die semi-regularly on this and that, kinda. I think i have died on LSD a number of times- but never "physically" like on 5-MeO-DIPT. On DMT I wasn't really dead... I was inbetween... I have seen DPT compared with DMT a lot, and all this machine stuff... I dunno, when I think of DPT the Machine World from Matrix 3 (I think) comes to mind... and that, frankly, wasn't too friendly...

Regarding 4-substituted tryptamines... I've found that pre-dosing with M1 works wonders if I want to get to the core of the experience without the pain of the ego-deconstructing bit first. I know you don't respond well to M1 due to serotonin depletion, but should you have any at your disposal, you may find even a low dose of it to help with that.

Jn another thread Jamshyd wrote this
Jamshyd said:
Just DPT + DiPT is nothing short of perfect, IMO. It was pure, unadultrated, innefable perpetual ephemerality.

I only took that combo once and feel no need to take it again, because every time I remember it my eyes tear... such as right now. I actually wear a pendant all the time symbolizing that experience so that I keep remembering it.

Jamshyd, how did you administer the chems?

I'm getting interested in both of these chems, I have not tried DiPT, but even a low dose of DPT still has me a bit in amazement....I keep remembering over and over the experience it seemed like a very profound chemical!

What is rectal dosing equivalent to by comparison to vaporizing/insufflating? I will not do either vap/insuff with this chemical since both are uncomfortable for me in the doses required for +3s.

I have a feeling DPT and mushrooms will be lovely.

I will definitely try DPT/DiPT one day. I would probably take both orally, as I have plenty of DPT was spare and I would want them both to hit my CNS at the same speed. I am willing to bet that oral DiPT would powerfully synergize with DPT, and an oral dosage would be far more notable than had no DiPT been consumed with it.

is DiPT partially metabolized by MAO? I'm pretty sure DPT IS partially metabolized if taken orally, right?

Still looking for rectal DPT guidelines...

Peace

Did someone say that DPT was not psychedelic?.....

Did they? Not that I'm aware of... that would be a silly statement indeed! ;)

Samadhi: I wrote a trip report on it recently and posted it, but it was barely noticed, hehe. I even wrote it in black so that people don't complain... oh well =D

I found DPT to be inneficient rectally, likely due to gut MAO action affecting it (it is only perhaps 20% more potent than oral). DiPT works well rectally and nasally, but orally it takes longer to kick in and for some reason the sound effect lasts waaay longer than with other modes of administration, long after the psychedelic effects have gone. I will admit that I've tried IVing DiPT at 2mg and got absolutely no effect. Not sure if the dose was too low or if it is simply not active that way, but I will not be trying it again for safety reasons.

^ Oh it's active IV, just look at the entries on erowide & in TIHKAL, far too active. About 25mg IV is supposed to be unimaginably intense. After 50mg that might have gone into a muscle near a small vein I can almost imageine how that's go with this drug

What the hell is up with that?? I see eyes *every time* I took DPT (about 7 times or so now). To me, the "eyes" are angel archetypes - ie, the guardians around the gates of the trascendent. They never felt threatning in any way. In fact, DPT has affected me so strongly that I wear a pendant with a simple eye-in-triangle symbol on it just in its honour .

That's what got me about opening my eyes, the fact that it looked like a Hitchcock dream sequence, but with swirling psychedelic patterns (Spellbound & Vertigo come to mind!). Just thought,"Close your eyes, out there is a somewhat chaotic scene and might worry you!)

Oh, I know DPT is active IV :). I was refering to DiPT.

Lol @ hitchcock sequence... so you DID get that sense of impending doom that isn't too bad but not good either, eh?

It is a shame that DPT is inefficient rectally. I do not want to IM or insufflate or smoke a +3 dose, but my low dose insufflation promised a LOT of potential, an infinite amount of potential.

Perhaps its time to brush up on IM tech (I am legally certified to give IMs anyways!).

Jamshyd said:
Oh, I know DPT is active IV :). I was refering to DiPT.

Lol @ hitchcock sequence... so you DID get that sense of impending doom that isn't too bad but not good either, eh?

No, none at all, but early on I decided that fighting it was a BAD idea and just gave up and went with the flow (I lnew it wasn't a dangerous dose, so nowt to get too worried about!). Had I resisted, as I sometimes do with psilocybin, I imagine the sense of doom would have shown itself pretty quickly.

As for the person who IV'd 50mg - Jesus that's wanting to scare the shit out of yourself! 50mg IM was breathtaking, but IV...

Holy Fuck!!!

Last night I took 90mg of DPT and 60mg Ketamine, both nasally, to "test the waters" for this combo being planned for the future to be done at regular doses of each (NOTE: The doses of both are less than half of my regular doses for either!

What happened? Well, I insufflated both doses simultaneously. I was tidying up (putting everything back where it should be stored..etc), and the scale was left to be put into my drawer.

At this point, I felt a bit of Ketamine... nothing out of the ordinary.

I closed the scale box. Didn't take 2 seconds. I knelt to put the scale back in its bottom drawer...

ZIP!

In a split second, EVERYTHING WAS FUCKING ERASED. There was no rush. There was no comeup. One second I was in a regular manageble Ketamine giddiness, a second later everything in existence just snapped away.

There was no room. There was no world. There was no life. There was no I. There was no you. There was no body. There was no universe.

You know when a scratched CD or record gets caught up at a single track and keeps repeating the same note over and over again at high speed? That is the only thing that was heard.

There was utter chaos. Since I no longer existed, and neither did the world or my eyes to receive that world, there were no visuals or sounds and I have no clue of my physical body left behind had its eyes open or closed because I was utterly blinded by colourless, formless, chaos.

I don't remember 90% of what happened for the next hour.

At the end, some pathetic type of consciousness came back to me and it was charactarized by utter confusion. I was trying to make my way through somekind of alien terrain when, after several years, I found out that it was actually my carpet and I was crawling on it...

Then some pices of my ego made it back and I somehow decided that perhaps I have always been a schizophrenic person, or something.

I gobbled 30 or so mg of valium at this point because I was thoroughly SHOCKED beyond my wits. Note that at that point I still had no conception of having taken any drugs.

Slowly, as the valium began to work, I remembered (ironically) what I had done, especially when I found the drawer I was going to put the scale in was still open, and the scale was still not inserted in there.

This morning, I checked to see if I had taken any more chemicals unconsciously... it appears that everything is still intact.

I am still utterly shaken by the experience.

It was not entheogenic... I think it may have the potential to be so, had I expected such fucking intensity. But it was without doubt THE most psychedelic state that I've ever been in, I never imagined my psyche had the ability to be so fucked up.

I am now interested in looking over the Tibetan Book of the Dead because what I experienced seemed to be akin to the descriptions I heard of "bardos". It was as if I was some form of disembodied awareness skimming over several lives and trying to pick the correct one, utterly confused about where to go...

I know for a fact that I'll be sticking to Ketamine on its own for a long time now. I still might give MET a try sometime, but it won't be soon.

"Testing the waters"? hah! it was more like diving head first in the deep end!!

I KNOW my measurements were accurate since I double checked today. The doses of each of those on their own would give me some unmistakable effects but they would be by no means difficult to handle.

Be very, very careful with this combo.

Last edited:
^ Now you know why I was just lost for words from 50mg DPT with 50mg of ketamine (M (apparently= 100mg DPT snorted).

Jolly well blew my socks off!

Ketamine potentiates pretty much all drugs. I would pay a lot of money to get my hands on some ketamine... if I was planning on doing drugs anytime soon.

Yeah, I found 10mg-40mg of DPT (taken via IM injection) to be PLENTY to radically change the ketamine state into something completely new. THere is a very remarkable synergy between DPT and ketamine....well there is also one with 2C-B/ketamine. And LSD/ketamine.

Good thing I read these last posts... My plan to go for the dpt+ketamine combination would have been 100+100. Though 60-80mg of dpt or 150mg ketamine both alone are strong but not overwhelming, I guess 50+50 is better to go with.

Be very, very careful!!

I am still unable to integrate that experience. It was by no means a "bad trip".. it was just something that my pathetic humanity is not adequate enough to even try and comprehend. I have had mystical experiences before, they were pure "divinity"... I was able to integrate those. This was just overwhelming chaos. I think, had it not been surprising, I might have been able to make something useful out of it...

I always said that my "holy trinity" were Ketamine, DPT, and Opium. Well this was my go with K and DPT. Interestingly enough, at the end of the above trip, I seemed to be yearning for some warmth. I think if I had some opiates at that point I may have been able to integrate the experience a bit more.

I was honestly so shaken and burnt out afterwards that I pretty much forced myself to sleep. I am glad there was at least zero bodyload.

What really amazes me though is the suddeness of the onset. It reminded me of how people mention dropping the pipe the minute after smoking DMT. All it took was a split second for me to completely lose any concept of what reality was, let alone who I am.

I now remember a bit more of the experience... I remember that there were dejavus of dejavus of dejavus ad infinitum, and every sound I heard repeated over and over and over, all on top of each other. Way too much. Waaaaay too much.

damn,sounds fucking insane...im going to be doing a little experimentation with dpt in the very near future,i havent done it in a long time,a few years to be exact,and i never went above 60 mg..gonna start off with 50,and work my way up to 100 if i have the testes.

nice report.
It sounds like my first K-hole experence. Complete nothingness.

As mentioned before K potentiates many things. This year I had the chance to try LSD (2 hits clean liquid) + 80mg K IM. It was my first lsd/k combo...and well i met my subjective view of what and/or who "god" or the creator was.
I was told GOD=LIFE and LIFE=LOVE, and the makers of our reality are beings of light and life. full of love.......anyways as mentioned this was definetly One of my most powerful experences.

I have also done DPT many times as well. DPT even though a tryptamine, give me more of a trance like disassociative feel. It can be unpredictable as well.
DPT feels like a 2 hour ketamine/mushroom combo peak.

I want to try a DPT+K combo soon. and my location of where i live makes K very accessable.

I would also recommend a 4 ho dipt + K combo....synergy and exponential potentiation.......

but great report man.....it sounds like the K was more present than the DPT....would you say that is accurate in your experence?

This was just overwhelming chaos
DPT gives me that....i call it information overload! hehe

I remember that there were dejavus of dejavus of dejavus ad infinitum, and every sound I heard repeated over and over and over, all on top of each other.
Ketamine gives me that everytime. layers and layers of dejavu's and thoughts go into loops. K puts you in a world that is full of nothingness. But Nothing is something it is nothing

Last edited:
I absolutely cannot imagine snorting 90 mg of DPT.

There are so many reports on erowid of serious adverse reactions to this drug that I'm not quite sure how to proceed with it. I've insufflated it twice at 18 mg and 25 mg and I'm not at all comfortable with increasing my dose. This drug seems dangerous and unpredictable.

For those of you who have insufflated/injected large amounts, how has your body felt during those experiences? Have you experienced uncontrollable and frightening muscle tremors? High blood pressure? Tachycardia?

Maybe I've been tripping too often recently and the unpleasant physical effects have become more manifest?

Status
Not open for further replies.