View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
threshold potention occurs at (maybe even below) 150mg but in order to 100% inhibit MAO-A it will require approx 375mg.

How did you come up with the 375mg figure ham? And wouldn't it have some relationship to your bodyweight?

How long do you think the maoi effects last? There's this line on erowid whatever it means:

The elimination half-life is 2 to 4 hours. Despite its short half-life the pharmacodynamic action of a single dose persists for approximately 16 hours.

Does this mean if you intend to "double-drop" you should also take a bit more moclob along with the DMT?

^ I dunno what he meant but if MAO is 100% inhibited then it's not active - therefore no need to take extra moclobemide - however I'm using his data here so make of that what you will.

Anyone try using DMT with a light bulb vape or know about anyone trying it? I'm really good with light bulb vapes, and I has DMT.

There a search facility whish if utilised may well bring up lots of info on the subject

Ismene said:
What do you mean by it lasting for 7 hours cegli? Is that for how long you could feel the comedown for? Surely you wern't peaking for anywhere 7 hours?

That means I was back to base line in 7 hours. Kind of hard to tell for sure, I was out in the woods in the dark around a camp fire engrossed in visions, so time keeping wasn't the biggest concern. That would be my estimate though.

hamhurricane said:
i cant recommend maois enough, im amazed how many DMT heads still smoke plain dmt without a maoi first, the experience is SO much better that i will never smoke the spice alone again. i think it also prevents people from abusing dmt because you dont really want to take moclobemide more than once a week (especially if you have ADD and take stims during the week like me). i have experimented with both moclobemide and cappi, and soon i will try harmine and harmaline.

also keep in mind moclobemide dose is KEY, threshold potention occurs at (maybe even below) 150mg but in order to 100% inhibit MAO-A it will require approx 375mg.

Yeah, I definitely agree with ham here. Since I've tried smoking it with an MAOI I've never gone back. Seems like a complete waste to me. The two others who take DMT with me would agree.

Thanks Hamhurricane... next time I try DMT I will take some caapi or syrian rue first. Then hopefully I will break through!

B9 said:
^ I dunno what he meant but if MAO is 100% inhibited then it's not active - therefore no need to take extra moclobemide - however I'm using his data here so make of that what you will.

If MAO is 100% inhibited DMT most certainly is active! The only way which MAOIs can decrease the activity of DMT is by allowing SE to go unchecked and float around in the synaptic cleft occupying relevant binding sites, i would imagine this effect is not significant with one-off use of MAOIs, and even with regular use its probably negligible. MAPS published an article about it for more info.

A single 300mg dose of moclobemide inhibits 80% of monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) and 30% of monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B), blocking the decomposition of norepinephrine, serotonin and, to a lesser extent, dopamine. No reuptake inhibition of any of the neurotransmitters occurs.
info taken from the ever-reliable wikipedia;)

^^^ I think he meant that MAO wasn't active if it was 100% inhibited...

Was just thinking, I remember reading something about other enzymes in the brain breaking down dmt by demethylation or something or another... How much of a factor is this in trip time when you inhibit MAO 100%, and how long would it take THAT deactivation process to qualitatively end the trip? Anyone?

^^^
i dont know, but people who take irreversible MAOIs do not trip for weeks on DMT so it is cleared from the body *somehow* in no more than a couple hours even without MAOs guiding hand.

an interesting note, once after a strong pharmahuasca experience i tried to smoke DMT and it had no effect whatsoever, i dont know what accounted for this.

First time and combo question

Ok, so I recently got hold of some dmt, think it was about .25g. Never having tried it before and due to its reputation I was a bit cautious and had it lying aroung for a bit. Gave a bit to a friend who enhaled wrong and got nothing (that was a few months ago)

Anyway, last night I plucked up the courage and went for it. Me, my girl friend and flat mate all had what we took to be a smallish dose (I definatly didn't break through although it was verry cool). My girl took some more the day before also. Now I want more!!!!

So my question is, bearing in mind that I have perhaps twice what I took before left, should I do it all at once on its own, OR should I do it on 5 grams of mushrooms?

Do mushrooms and dmt have synergy? Terrence makena seemed to think so. Will this be too much for me to handle? I've done a lot of shit but I've also found my breaking point once or twice.

Last edited:
Dosage

Oh and to get some idea of how much I took before, I got some pretty intense visuals with crazy closed eye geometry. So maybe abou 25mg?

hamhurricane said:
If MAO is 100% inhibited DMT most certainly is active!

You misunderstood me :) - when MAO is 100% inhibited "it" (MAO) is inactive. Therefore there is no need to take (MAOi) more in order to further potentiate DMT.

Took me a while to understand you didn't understand :D

RPM- honestly, if I had only one good hit worth of dmt left (50mg), and had never broke through before, I'd take the hit and mushies separate... It'll give ya a better idea of what dmt is like, plus the dmt would just overpower the mushrooms for about ~10 minutes anyways. Just my opinion :)

nyx said:
RPM- honestly, if I had only one good h
it worth of dmt left (50mg), and had never broke through before, I'd take the hit and mushies separate... It'll give ya a better idea of what dmt is like, plus the dmt would just overpower the mushrooms for about ~10 minutes anyways. Just my opinion :)

OK thanks. Think that's what I'll go for. But just out of curiosity are you saying that the effect of the dmt won't be stronger with mushrooms? I suppose I'm worried that I won't break through on what I've got.

Think what I'll do is take the dmt then later in the day take some mushrooms, because from my last experience it definatly made me want to trip HARD once it wore of. This may well be diffrent tho if I breakthrough.

Well, if you have ~50mg you should break through, considering you DID trip off of 25mg... And what I was saying is the dmt seems like it pretty much qualitatively shoves your first trip far into the background while you peak on the dmt, at least for breakthroughs.. Meaning you'll just loose about 15 minutes of shrooming while you're on dmt... Never done dmt with shrooms (no fungus among us kansans), but in respect to some other psychs (sativa weed, hbwr, etc) it doesn't seem like there's much of a synergy, though I could be wrong :)

^4-Ho-DMT and DMT are a good blend. They certainly synergize. I've always though mushrooms feel a bit like plain ole DMT myslef.

In which case I think the dose of dmt first then mushrooms later seems like a good plan. I'm thinking that after the full on rush of the dmt, the mushies come up will seem comparitivly plesent (I usually get really agitated for the first hour or so).

What do people think about cross tollerance?

Now I just have to wait for the damn mushrooms to grow:X

I would eat the mushrooms, peak out, start to come down, and then hit the deemz ... brings back the peak in a lovely way.

nyx said:
Well, if you have ~50mg you should break through, considering you DID trip off of 25mg... And what I was saying is the dmt seems like it pretty much qualitatively shoves your first trip far into the background while you peak on the dmt, at least for breakthroughs.. Meaning you'll just loose about 15 minutes of shrooming while you're on dmt... Never done dmt with shrooms (no fungus among us kansans), but in respect to some other psychs (sativa weed, hbwr, etc) it doesn't seem like there's much of a synergy, though I could be wrong :)

I think he said he got a quarter gram, not that he tripped off of 25 millies.

If you only have a small amount of the spice left I would vaporize it all at once in a waterfall or something similar, provided the machine isn't available. One big hit of whatever you've got should at least propel you into a serious trance for 5+ min, if not disconnect you from the corporeal plane.

hamhurricane said:
i cant recommend maois enough, im amazed how many DMT heads still smoke plain dmt without a maoi first, the experience is SO much better that i will never smoke the spice alone again.

Really? I have some rue sitting in my freezer but no DMT at hand. I've smoked it a few score times but never with an MAOI... I once thought about ayahuasca but got intimidated & scared. Can you elaborate on some of the differences, besides duration?

Status
Not open for further replies.