• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread (Arch 3-18-07 - 4-21-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough, when I took my highest doses on mushrooms, or shroom analogues, I was less anxious than on lower doses. Not sure why this is yet.

You just have to find something you like and groove off it, be honest with yourself! When you're on shrooms, you can't be fake. For me, listening to music is enough for me to groove, but if reading, or meditating or talking with your friends is your thing, then do it.

A lot of trip anxiety came from me thinking about what people told me is the 'right' thing to do while tripping. Like: don't look at a mirror, don't trip alone, listen to this music, do this thing, only trip during the day...it's really just about your groove, not other peoples. Sometimes your sober groove can really be other people's grooves, so just be aware. For instance, I really like system of a down while sober, but hated it while tripping, and I'm starting to realize that maybe I don't really like them, it was just a groove I had while sober that wasn't honestly what I wanted to do...an example.

In brief: Just find what makes you happy, don't assume you always know what it is 100% while sober. Your subconscious can be tricky. That is what will eliminate the anxiety (for me)

I did shrooms one time so far, and im really really anticipating another shot at them. my first time was my first ever hullicinogen, and it feels like the 4 hours i spent in the woods was about a half hour long. do most shroom trips leave you this spaced out, or was it just a novice, intro to the other side thing?

I almost always had anxiety on the come-up of a shroom trip. Shrooms for me were always more intense than LSD, pretty much irrespective of dosage. On the plus side, it's a much quicker trip.

I found that even very small doses of mushrooms could induce a very strong experience, even if it only lasted 30 minutes. With LSD however, a low dose might give you giggles and trippy thoughts, but not hallucinations, and lasts much longer.

Personally I way preferred LSD to shrooms, although I probably had more of the latter.

i find that alot of the anxiety is partly psychosomatic, but nonetheless psilocybin does have alot more anxiety than some of the other psychedelics.. especially on the come up...

I agree that with dosage the anxiety does increase, along with all the other side effects. Proceed with caution, 2 grams of mushrooms has given some of the most terrifying trips of my life...

In my opinion dont trip while youre sick .... youre energy levels will be fucked up and you might become quite confused about what youre body is doing.
The low doses that you describe might contribute to this alot too :p.

Respect the psychoactive. Whoever mentioned smoking weed while being sick and tripping on shrooms .... sorry to be all negative towards youre opinion and whatever, but honesty, thats a shocking idea.

eefanass said:
I did shrooms one time so far, and im really really anticipating another shot at them. my first time was my first ever hullicinogen, and it feels like the 4 hours i spent in the woods was about a half hour long. do most shroom trips leave you this spaced out, or was it just a novice, intro to the other side thing?

Mushrooms almost always make the time slow down to a crawl, stop, or skip around for me. I've never had them make time move faster.

Ive never had mushrooms before but i have had lsd. Ive been wanting to try mushrooms for some time but its just been a problem of getting hold of them really...anyway i have two questions:

How similar/disimilar to lsd are mushrooms?

What is the come up like? Is it like a sudden rush and change of perception like on ecstasy/speed or more gradual?...i like to know what to expect before i take things..the first time i took mdma i had no idea the come up would be so intense/sudden so it freaked me out cos i didnt know it was normal lol.

In my experience mushrooms come on much faster than almost any other drug taken orally. LSD takes an hour or more (sometimes 2 or 3) to reach peak, whereas mushrooms are usually a rocket ride into the stratosphere very quickly, which is IMO why they tend to cause more panic/anixety reactions. I start to feel mushrooms in 10-15 minutes, even if I just chew well them rather than making a tea or something. Within 45 minutes, or an hour at MAX, I'm peaking, and from there it drops off steadily. LSD remains at peak for longer, and takes longer to get there.

Generally speaking.

Varieties of P. Cubensis

I made this same thread yesterday, but I didn't get the answers I was looking for because I didn't ask the right question. :\ (Thanks, beenhead.)

Anyways, I need to know the differences in the Colombian, Philipine, and Mexican strains of P. Cubensis mushrooms. I know that it is hard to say the average potency of a type of mushrooms, becuase it depends on so many different variables, but all I am asking for is a ballpark figure.

Which of these three types of P. Cubensis is the most potent by weight?

Thanks. :)

I dont know for sure, but another strain ive seen in Spore Banks, and grows right here where I live, called the Gulf Strain is supposedly one of the most potent P. Cube strains known. Ill try to find out for you though!

Thanks a lot, man.

Just to clarify, I am buying the finished mushrooms and not spores.

Mushrooms tea, can I just...?

So with the mushrooms I chop them up blah blah... Then can I just throw them into the boiling water or will this eliminate the 'good' stuff, like pod tea? Cause itd be the shit to have a pot of this stuff sitting around.

Also, what eliminates the nausea?
I did a light threshold dose last night and it was fantastic, the rest are gone today... now... haha.
My settling world will fly to the moon...
Oops, oh well if this is meant for DB please move it there.

heat kills the active chemicals..so you dont want to put the shrooms in if its too hot or for too long.

I would think you'd get better answers in psych drugs, more users there.

moving to PD. in the future, please direct all your psychedelic questions there :)

Chop, boil water, wait for it to cool enough that you can put a finger in without reacting in pain, throw mushies in, enjoy.

I have both eaten mushrooms and drank them in tea. All times were with Psilocybe Semilanceata and I noticed no reduction in effect from the tea. From the first time I used tea I've never used any other method again because it eliminated all nausea for me.

I put the chopped mushrooms in a kettle with water, open the lid and press the boil button. When the water heats up then the water starts to foam up because of the mushrooms, when the foam is almost overflowing I turn off the heat and close the lid. I stir during the whole process. After one heating I let them sit in the kettle for about 15-30 minutes and stir occasionally. Then when I want to drink the tea I press the boil button and then release once again when it's nearly overflowing.

I just pour it into a mug with a tea bag and lots of sugar and then add milk. I'm left with a grey tea that tastes just like tea but with a mushroom aftertaste. I come up alot quicker with this method but the speed comes with somewhat increased come up shakes.

Yes heat can destroy psilocybin but it's negligable as long as you don't go overboard with it.

Simmering mushrooms for 15-20 minutes works perfect and you will not notice any decrease in potency. Just make sure the mushrooms are as finely chopped as possibly and really squeeze the water out of them after filtering.

Status
Not open for further replies.