• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic LSD (acid) Questions Thread (Round two!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how you can realize that you're dreaming and not either:

A. Wake up

or

B. Start controlling things after that.

for myself, there seems to be 'levels' of lucidity attainable during sleep...

sometimes i will realize i'm dreaming, but am still caught up in the dream senario....this effect is almost like a trip ego dissolution amidst dreaming. i am aware, though i am not capable to rationalizing things to do, rather i'm consciously watching myself doing dream stuff...

other times it seems that my ego awakens in the dream state...this allows me to say 'hmmm, what should i do in this dream state?' resulting in extreme intensity and perceptual analysis.

i rarely wake up right after realizing i'm dreaming. sometimes, during the ego-dissolved lucidity i will get wound up in the senario and forget that i'm dreaming. other times though i will remain lucid for the whole dream.

i remember before realizing i was dreaming and then thinking about how i was just laying in my bed and i could feel my body laying there and turning over in my sleep. i was also thinking about how the whole 'dream world' i was witnessing was really just a bunch of thoughts stacked atop a view of my eyelids....very trippy.

I sometimes have dreams about tripping or smoking pot and actually get high in my dreams. It's very odd. Generally the two drugs get way stronger and more delirious.

Like last night I dreamt that I was back in high school and my dad had some hits of lsd (weird because my dad was one of those "but it's not naaaatural mannnn" and would never touch it) and told me I shouldn't take them because they were weak, and then I found them and ate like 20. I went to school and didn't feel much, but I started getting really talkative and kept getting yelled at for talking out in class until I got kicked out, and then it kicked in hard and I was in this fucked up bizzarre-o world which was nothing like actual tripping.

nothing like actual tripping.

^ maybe thats because you didnt eat anything psychoactive and it was a dream.

I sometimes have dreams about tripping or smoking pot and actually get high in my dreams

I dont see any truth in this statement, no you didnt/werent high because you ingested some sort of substance in a dream, placebo face.. Dont feel bad though probably at least 5times a year i sometimes come back from the dream world fiending crack or whatever if i attempted too or succeeded in ingesting it, so your not alone.. completely. Oh BTW WELCOME TO BLUE LIGHT, iiigghhhhttt?!

^^i'm pretty sure It's a Baby knows that they weren't "actually" high (a la when your conscious) from ingesting drugs in the dream.. so theres no need to point out that it can't be true because it happened in her/his dream, which obviously is an experience that can't be proven false or true anyway.. of course its placebo but that doesn't disprove that this person actually did have a dream where they took drugs, as i've had quite a few dreams exactly like this..

i've woken up before having weird recollections of taking LSD in a highschool like scene, and having a lot of fun.. this happened about a week prior to myself actually planning to take acid with a friend, which i attribute the dream i had to just thinking a lot about and looking forward to the scheduled acid experience.. my girlfriend has also had a similar experience even before having any experience with acid, happened to her also when we were talking a lot about trying it out in the future

Wow didn't mean to derail the thread, now that I think about it my strange dreams probably have more to do with me giving up smoking than anything LSD related.

Anyway I have read this and other threads and am aware that redosing LSD within 72 hours or so generally isn't advised due to tolerance. However am going to a two day festival and would like to trip pretty hard on the first day then have a much lighter trip the next day with some MDMA to boost it. Is this likely to work or will redosing just bring all the bad side effects of the LSD without anything good?

^i don't believe it should bring out the 'bad' side effects.. it will just take about 25-50% MORE substance to even be at the same level of how you were the day previous.. not to mention there will certainly be a loss of magic because of your familiarity of the experience twice within 36 hours.. unless as you said took mdma which should defiantly lead a helping hand to a refreshing experience

Yeah I when I went to a festival I didnt even think tolerance was such a big deal...10klf was 4 days of mad drug abuse.... E, Shrooms, LSD, 2C-I, and Booze...... wow I love festivals

how long does it take YOU to feel the effects of LSD

for me the first time i did it, it took 2 hours to start feeling it and then BAM it hit me like a brick. everyone else had been frying for an hour already which made me so anxious for it to just start already

i just took it for the second time an hour and 15 minutes ago. not sure if im feeling it yet. everytime i think i am i realize i'm not

how long does it take for you?

+30-35min: got those electric tingles running up and down my spine.. few minutes later there swimming on down my arms and into my legs

+45-60min: defiantly climbing up now

with my few lsd experiences it was a relatively short amount of time that i started to note effects

for some reason, it varies. once i remember it being about an hour @ a half before i was really climbing.

other times it's 5-10 minutes.

It takes me about an hour and 20. By 2 hours I don't even remember wondering if it's kicking in anymore.

I usually notice the initial stimulation about 45 minutes after dosing, but I've never taken a very large dose and I bet higher doses would kick in quicker.

I'd guess around 30 minutes I start to notice things are a little different than normal, don't start to see the trippy stuff till about an hour or so.

it was only 1 hit. my first time was 3 hits and i guess thats what im comparing it to when i say mild.

edit: although i had been saving it for about 2 months and the last week or so it was exposed to minimal moisture, so that may be part of it too

was supposed to be strong though

Eh. Personally, I never take less than 2, I don't like taking that few. 3-5 for me or I'd almost rather not take any.

The strongest LSD trip I've had started in about an hour and didn't reach full strength for 3. For some reason it always seems to take a long time for me... definitely not the 45 minutes to an hour that most people describe.

How long has it been since the first time you tripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.