• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic LSD (acid) Questions Thread (First archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxanxxtwo said:
I have done a 'thumbprint' and though it WAS NOT fun, it only lasted about 18 hours.

Really? A post on the shroomery about some "family members" who took thumbprints back in the 70s said that it changed their lives and they felt it for more than a day (I think but my mind may be making this up lol) How did the thumb print affect your life?

What about a schizophrenic who takes LSD?

Because I'm schizo and I've K-holed numerous times fine, and smoked weed, and was wondering about some LSD again.

I don't wanna end up in a State Hospital for life, but I do want a good trip (all my previous LSD trips were subpar).

Well, it went very badly. It was done while hanging out on 'lot' at an Other Ones show, which was a mistake because I prefer to be alone when taking high doses of LSD. I essentially spent the entire trip having a very bad panic attack, and while I definitely felt odd for a few days after, the trip itself lasted no more than 18 hours.
As for it's impact on my life, I don't know. I certainly didn't have any 'eye-opening' realizations or anything....I have been using a lot of drugs for some years so it's a bit difficult to pinpoint what has had what effect of me/my life.
Would I do it again? Hell no.

blase deviant said:
What about a schizophrenic who takes LSD?

Because I'm schizo and I've K-holed numerous times fine, and smoked weed, and was wondering about some LSD again.

I don't wanna end up in a State Hospital for life, but I do want a good trip (all my previous LSD trips were subpar).
I wouldn't do it.

i've always been a fan of the idea that 'we who observe the events never truly quit observing them' simply because we change upon each observation.

meaning when we go to sleep, we wake up different.
when we trip, we come down differerent.
when we talk to a new person, or enounter a new idea, we change forever and leave the self which heard the fact behind.

this occurance seems to justifiy the time dilation i've experienced on salvia before....the time stretched to infinity (to my observing view) and i wandered through the dense abyss of void for eternities. WEEELLLLLL, the person which observed the salvia transition never left the experience, the reason why time stretched to infinite from that perspective is because time no longer mattered from that reference point (and a new me would come into existence at the end of the experience).

this being said, i think that once you've exposed yourself to any mind altering effect, be it psychedlia or meditation....part of you will be 'high' forever.
Though obvsiouly the chemicals do have half-lives which will force them into metabolism at some point.

Its just about How we Grow as Individuals and what we choose to integrate.

If you choose to not grow and accept rebirth, you could dwell on the intesity of any psychedelic experience, potentiallly forever (trauma). Though each new thought and each new day forces some level of progression beyond such.

just be respectful to the experience (ie: think of psychedlics as leanring/growing experience and intend on growing and progressing as a self)!

for once you've accepted that you Are Never the same person (not even after one second of sobriety) then it is easier to guide your transcendance.

(and have a nice day :) )

xxanxxtwo said:
I wouldn't do it.

Is there a chance of me ending up a permanent vegetable?

I want to do it so bad, because I've only had weak acid, and subpar trips, and I haven't done it for like 3 years.

You won't end up as a veg, but it could bring about an attack. Strong emotional events can bring on attacks of schizophrenia. A solid trip is definitely a strong emotional event. Trip at your own risk....

LSD as a schizophrenic...

...I've had subpar and weak trips before, and just had my first opportunity to score some good acid (this is from a guy I trust).

What's the worst that can happen? I'm stable now, though I still have one stupid delusion that doesn't affect my everyday life very much.

Could I turn into a vegetable? I'm on an SSRI, which has seemed to help flashbacks from research chems go away after I ignore them for awhile.

I've dosed up to 45mg pure 2c-e, but that was before I was schizo. I've K-holed a few times after becoming schizo (came out once disoriented for about 10 min., but that was after 2 grams of K in one night), and done up to ~1300mg DXM.

I know this is a harm reduction forum, but assuming I only take 1-3 hits, what's the worst that could happen?

The absolute worst that could happen? Psychotic break from reality leading to the injury/death of you/those around you.

Its a bad idea but if you insist having a knowledgable trip sitter who if necessary can physically restrain you and massive amounts of anti-phycotics is a must benzos wouldent hurt either

can you link to a post that describes your personal condition? (assuming you've made one) i think that would help a lot.

how long do your episodes typically last? do you think there's a real risk of you losing your ability to function independently long-term? how do you feel about being institutionalized? etc...

I took a hit of LSD last night for the first time, at a rave, same hit my friend took, I had some exaggerated laughing for a little bit and then that was it, but my friend was trippin ballz for the whole night.

Whats up??
I even slept on the car on the way home, the rave was 8 hours long, never saw any visuals, but I did feel good.

If you are getting flashbacks from RC's, then acid probably won't be the thing you want. Are the flashbacks scary? Acid gives me some flashbacks, but I kinda like them. Mostly happens when I'm stoned.

If i were you i wouldn't risk it mate, is 12 hours of lsd induced tripping worth the possible repercussions(sp?)? Is fucking your mind right up worth 12 hours of tripping?

Please mate think long and hard about your condition, you shouldn't be doing any rec. drugs if you seriously want to keep your mind in a managable state.

Good luck mate.

nope, nothing at all. I took 1 molly 2 weeks before this night. I just felt like the party was amazing. maybe it was just the girls dancing w/ me were so hot...

xxanxxtwo said:
Well, it went very badly. It was done while hanging out on 'lot' at an Other Ones show, which was a mistake because I prefer to be alone when taking high doses of LSD. I essentially spent the entire trip having a very bad panic attack, and while I definitely felt odd for a few days after, the trip itself lasted no more than 18 hours.
As for it's impact on my life, I don't know. I certainly didn't have any 'eye-opening' realizations or anything....I have been using a lot of drugs for some years so it's a bit difficult to pinpoint what has had what effect of me/my life.
Would I do it again? Hell no.

i'm wondering...

Only a handful of people come in contact with LSD crystal. And the ones that are lucky enough to and do make that life altering decision usually don't respond in the way you just did.

I was under the impression that while under the influence of a thumbprint, there is no "you", "you" don't exist, so there's nothing to base panic off of. No words would possibly be able to describe such an experience.

No eyeopening realizations? Dude, take a look at this thread... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1428246#1428246

I'm curious as to how you took this. What form was the LSD in when you took it?

Status
Not open for further replies.