View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big And Dandy 4-Ho-DMT (Psilocin) Thread

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
Seems this has been on the market for a while (alone with 4-Ho-NMT). Has anyone actually tried pure psilocin? How does it compare with mushrooms? Certainly (if it really is available) someone has used it, no?

Last edited:
Weird I just got the taste of mushrooms very distinctly in my mouth thinking about sampling this one this afternoon. I suspect it will be closer to 4-aco-dmt than mushrooms (just come on faster and stronger than the aco).

I was also very intrigued about this. My understanding was that it was supposed to be made available, but it didn't happen. I stopped following the situation so things may have changed, but the lack of reports here makes me believe its still the case.

I also think it would be very close to 4-AcO-DMT. It would be great to have some direct comparisons, because 4-AcO-DMT fumarate is likely to have better long term stability and isn't explicitly scheduled (although its legal status is questionable). Is 4-AcO-DMT still considered to be a pro-drug of psilocin?

Wikipedia said:
In the body 4-acetylpsilocin is evidently rapidly desacetylated to psilocin by acetylases and therefore has identical pharmacological properties to psilocin.

Another benefit of 4-HO-DMT is all the research that has been done with it and that things like the LD50 haven't been left for some unfortunate tripper to find out.

Pure psilocin has an allure about it, thats for sure. The miracles aren't just for Marsh Chapel anymore...=D

Last edited:
I think I am more excited about 4-Ho-NMT than this...but I will certainly try both. I wonder if 4-Ho-NMT is one of the trace alkaloids often mentioned as appearing in some species. Baeocystin is the phosphate ester, and there is also a norbaeocystin that is the phosphate ester of 4-hydroxytryptamine. But no trival name is assigned to 4-Ho-NMT and I can't see why it would not be in mushrooms if the phosphate ester is.

Last edited:
Ill have the chance to test the 4-ho-dmt thats available in the coming weeks, Probably start around 12mg and see how it goes. Id love to hear from anyone else thats tried it first....

I'll post the warning about 4-HO-NMT once we have a thread for that, but the cautious side in me suggests taking it up slowly with this one. It has been noted as very likely causing respiratory depression, which may have been the cause in the 7-year old fatality of p. baeocystis.

But is it confirmed that 4-Ho-DMT is even in any mushrooms? I would think it would be....but have never seen mention of it. Remember, baeocystin is 4-Phosphoraloxy-DMT...not 4-Hydroxy-DMT

Oh, OK I got what you're saying (you need to edit your post). Yes, its 4-po-NMT thats baeocystin. But, I'm wagering 4-ho-NMT will have VERY similar subjective effects (at least with interference with the respiratory system). Possibly even more acute.

I don't think it will be a problem or maybe even that noticeable unless you are a 7-year old, elderly, or have some sort of problem breathing.

And I agree with you, its highly likely that 4-HO-NMT is in mushrooms too, just not yet isolated (4-PO-nmt is in such small amounts anyways).

Regardless its exciting to get access to 4-ho-nmt! Exciting times! Now just give me 4-ho-5-meo-dmt and I'll be straight for awhile.

samadhi_smiles said:
Now just give me 4-ho-5-meo-dmt and I'll be straight for awhile.

Can't this theoretically be made fairly easily by adding 5-MeO-DMT to mushroom substrate? I remember reading about this, but never saw of any reports of people actually trying it.

Yes, thats possible. I will finally do it someday (bonus that it is totally legal).

The most exciting thing is if you get the 5-MeO-DMT: substrate proportion right then it shuts down the biosynthetic pathway of 4-ho-DMT so the mushroom produces ONLY 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT (ie it is both legal and the possibility to assay only 4-ho-5-meo-dmt is there).

My post was accurate...

>Baeocystin is the
>phosphate ester

Are there studies on baeocystin to show it is a respiratory depressant? I know of the death...but that doesn't really show baeocystin was the cause.

samadhi_smiles said:
Oh, OK I got what you're saying (you need to edit your post). Yes, its 4-po-NMT thats baeocystin. But, I'm wagering 4-ho-NMT will have VERY similar subjective effects (at least with interference with the respiratory system). Possibly even more acute.

I don't think it will be a problem or maybe even that noticeable unless you are a 7-year old, elderly, or have some sort of problem breathing.

And I agree with you, its highly likely that 4-HO-NMT is in mushrooms too, just not yet isolated (4-PO-nmt is in such small amounts anyways).

Regardless its exciting to get access to 4-ho-nmt! Exciting times! Now just give me 4-ho-5-meo-dmt and I'll be straight for awhile.

Someone just passed on the information that in the book "Magical and Ritual Uses of Herbs" there is a reference to a study on baeocystin and norbaeocystin that cites it as a respiratory inhibitor. I've never seen this book, nor do I know the title of the study.

Gartz did a bioassay on pure baeocystin or has a study with reference to one, iirc.

There is frustratingly little information on baeocystin. If you have any studies on it, I would love to see them.

The typo in your post above entails replacing the N (in NMT) with a D (so it reads DMT instead of NMT).

The most exciting thing is if you get the 5-MeO-DMT: substrate proportion right then it shuts down the biosynthetic pathway of 4-ho-DMT so the mushroom produces ONLY 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT (ie it is both legal and the possibility to assay only 4-ho-5-meo-dmt is there).
Would a chemical like 4-ho-5-meo-dmt be orally active, or active at all? Has it been tested by anyone? Or is this a theoretical chemical?

The same process can also be used to make psilocin bearing mushrooms of much higher potency than normal by adding small quantities of DMT to the substrate, to act as feedstock for the production of psilocin. However the amount of DMT added must be carefully controlled, as if too much is added it appears to inhibit the action of the enzyme.
someone teach me how to do this plz, thx.

4-ho-dmt I am really interested in this one. Inquiring minds want to know.

psilocybonaut said:
Would a chemical like 4-ho-5-meo-dmt be orally active, or active at all? Has it been tested by anyone? Or is this a theoretical chemical?

Nobody knows! It's never been bioassayed! :)