• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The best way to take Gabapentin

Hi, I've taken Gabapentin for 10 plus years now. I always take 900-1200 mg and wait two hours for them to kick in.
I've read about staggering. I'm interested in this to increase my high and how long it last.
Does anyone have any tried and true advice?
With Gabapentin you are supposed to space them out. I take 600mg first. Then an hour or two later I take another 300mg. Then 4 hours later I take another 300-600mg, that would be how I would get high on it.
But I just take 600mgs in the morning. 300mg later in the day and that is it.
Something about the way your body absorbs it it is better to space out your does to increase the recreational high instead of taking a large dose in one shot.
Hope this helps and stay safe.

Let me offer my advice as I have been using gabapentin on and off for over a decade. My method almost always leaves me with a high resembling a cross between a drug that releases dopamine, a mild euphoriant such as mdea, and a tiny dose of phenibut or moderate dose of baclofen. To explain it better, a pleasurable yet slightly speedy body high with mental euphoria and difficult to stop talkativeness topped off with mild to moderate anxiolysis.
Do not just take a bunch thinking that it will get you higher for it has an inverse bioavailability (the more you ingest, the less your body absorbs which equals even less crossing the blood brain barrier where it does its job.)
Once you get a tolerance to a single tablet, the best and only way is staggering.
I, along with countless other bluelighters have this down to a science. For the sake of explanation, lets imagine you have 600mg scored Gabapentin tablets.
So what I do is put a small snack in my stomach, wait five minutes, then take a loading dose of 900mgs or 1.5 600mg tablets.
Next take a standard dose of naproxen sodium. I forget the mechanism, but naproxen increases the BA of gabapentin. Only do the naproxen once in a day, it lasts very long and taking more can cause GI damage.
Next step is to wait forty five minutes followed by a tiny snack such as crackers with peanut butter or a granola bar. Some say carbonated caffeine beverages also help. For this dose take 600mg (1 whole tablet).
For the rest of your staggering experience, you will want to repeat the 45 minute intervals, have a smaller snack each time, however taking 300mgs (half tablet) until you reach desired effect.
Yes this takes a lot of patience which can all be avoided by getting a hold of pregabalin as opposed to gabapentin but if this is not possible just remember your patience will pay off.
Once you reach the effect, it is a good time to research, write, blog/social media, or simply lay on your bed and listen to your favorite music as this drug induces music euphoria for many (personally I recommend minimal techno i.e. Dubfire, Misstress Barbara, Richie Hawtin, etc).
Your first few times getting the stagger down correctly, you may find yourself on your bed with your eye lids fluttering in euphoric bliss while the music takes a slight psychedelic feel and appreciation similar to what small doses of mdma deliver!
I hope you follow these instructions and they bring you much enjoyment.
Mygreenbic

For me, gabapentin takes like 3 hours to kick in. I'd say space it every hour on your dosing. Fatty and acidic stuff supposed to help absorption, who knows.

I've also heard gabapentin hits more if you take an immodium before, but not sure if that's bullshit.

Gabapentin vs Pregabalin which is better recreational?

I don't feel shit the pregabalin. And I only had a few sporadic binges between May and July 2019.

Damn taking Gabapentin like a professional. Hey man you are not wrong though, that seems to be the best way, combinations of food and spacing it out in between doses. I have jammed through 120 pills in less than 2 weeks and barely felt anything, or woke up the next day with a terrible hangover. Skin feeling scaly and just an overall horrifying feel until I take more. That is why I only take 600mg in the morning, and 300-600 once more later in the day. Enough for my anxiety usually. Klonopin just doesn't seem to be something my psych wants to ever re-prescribe again because "BeNzOs ArE ScaRy".

I've been taking it for several months and I find taking 300mg (the most the body can absorb at once before the bioavailability starts to decline) every 30-45 minutes until you reach where you wanna be works best. I try and always take it with my Dihydrocodeine, too as Gabapentin and opioids together feel much better than either one alone.
Hi, I've taken Gabapentin for 10 plus years now. I always take 900-1200 mg and wait two hours for them to kick in.
I've read about staggering. I'm interested in this to increase my high and how long it last.
Does anyone have any tried and true advice

Gabapentin vs Pregabalin which is better recreational?

I don't feel shit the pregabalin. And I only had a few sporadic binges between May and July 2019.
I guess your question is highly subjective but if you want an opinion I can offer one I've been on both for probably an equal amount of time on both and I would definitely have to say that pregabalin blows Neurontin out of the water by far

I guess your question is highly subjective but if you want an opinion I can offer one I've been on both for probably an equal amount of time on both and I would definitely have to say that pregabalin blows Neurontin out of the water by far
Pregabalin/Lyrica is WAY better than Gabapentin/Neurontin. You don't need to take gigantic doses throughout the day and it isn't as confusing to dose either. I can take a couple hundred milligrams of Lyrics and feel great. It is definitely the successor of Gabapentin and clearly shows. Once their patent ran out, they released Lyrica I believe so they had another decade or so to pump out something significantly better.

Does anyone have any tried and true advice?
I have been taking Gabapentin for 10 plus years as well and I've tried every way to take it and honestly the best way to take it is take two days off and then to take whatever you need I've taken upwards to 35,000 mg a day and I'm not proud of that and usually I just poop it out sorry for my lack of being proper but this is Google voice so I apologize for the grammar but the best way to take it is to take what your body can absorb the 900 to 1200 mg and then you can take it staggering but honestly I've felt better just taking what I need I've usually take about 3,000 mg to 5,000 mg at a time and that usually does it but if I've taken it the day before days before there's usually no amount that can make me feel the way it felt the first day

Did you mean to add a reply? lol.

Been 2 years or so now btw and I still find staggering 300mg every 30 mins or so is the best way.
Even when not trying to get high or anything. When I wrote the above it was rx'd 300mg 3 x day. I'm prescribed 600mg 3 x day now, but always take it as 300mg 6 times a day.

find staggering 300mg every 30 mins or so is the best way.
This is the best way to do it. Gabapentin is absorbed by an amino acid transporter that can only absorb a small amount of drug at once, and BA decreases with increasing dose.
Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively.[ref]
tQnlTJW.png

As you can see, taking increasing doses gives rapidly diminishing returns. It is most effective to take 300-600mg every 30min-1hr or so, but even every 2-3 hrs will work.

Forget Gabapentin 300mg X 3 daily - 60% oral bioavailability and 3h peak serum levels

Pregabalin (Lyrica) 300mg has 90% oral bioavailability and 0.9h peak serum levels

Pregabalin has prominent anxiolytic properties and useful for reducing opioid / benzodiazepine/ alcohol consumption. It’s also an absolute staple in a solid cocktail.

Opioid, stimulant, benzo, preggies, Indica cannabis, alcohol……..the gold standard cocktail for myself. Daily for years. I’ve definitely fully accustomed to this amazing cocktail, but has me very concerned about my dependence on these powerful CII controlled substances. Cocaine & Tanqueray Jin are always taken prior to a cigarette on the balcony outside

This is the best way to do it. Gabapentin is absorbed by an amino acid transporter that can only absorb a small amount of drug at once, and BA decreases with increasing dose.
Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively.[ref]
tQnlTJW.png

As you can see, taking increasing doses gives rapidly diminishing returns. It is most effective to take 300-600mg every 30min-1hr or so, but even every 2-3 hrs will work.

Yeah, exactly what I do. If I'm using it recreationally, one 300mg capsule every 30 mins. If I'm taking the prescribed amount, I take 300mg every 3 hours instead of 600mg every 6 hours.