• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The Best Nitrous Oxide Invention In History!

thanks broski.

I'll hooka (pun intended) up some designs And stuff soon.
It was all stuff I bought from bunnings.

Total: 15$

It's around 7 different pieces.
When I brought it to the counter, the qualified plumber serving me was like "what in all fuck is this thing"
as to him this looked completely wrong if it was going to carry water anywhere lol.
....except in a fucked up circle

when i was in grad school, this undergrad dude lived on my street who had one of those nitrous/mj bongs. i thought it was pretty cool- definitely something different

Wow man, that is pure GENIUS! I love the bong one! :D

Just remember that's a gimmick.

I'm really here to show off my actual cracker.

Which to me, is by far the best thing I have ever built
without designs...and it works.

Just the idea in my head of what I wanted.

Excuse me?

Just look at the design. The balloon is attached to the top of cracker.

When you turn the screw, gas goes up into the balloon?

Its extremely simple. the hookah design is just the cracker upside down hooked up to the hookah arm. You turn it slowly and it releases very slowly, keep turning the bigger the hole in the top of the canisters.

Very effective. Then when your balloon has filled, unscrew the safety cap and away you go baby!!

lol, sorry that didn't make sense, I was high when I typed that. I was confused as to how the charger cracked open, but now I get it. That thing is a pretty awesome idea.

To all you do it yourself-ers out there remember that a whippet has more pressure than you think. 800+ pounds per square inch or more... This is enough to rupture your lungs... Whippets are also potential rockets and should never be subjected to extreme heat or cold...

While nitrous bongs are definitely cool you might want to think of making one that accepts a filled rubber ballon or something. These are not toys.

\lecture

To all you do it yourself-ers out there remember that a whippet has more pressure than you think. 800+ pounds per square inch or more... This is enough to rupture your lungs... Whippets are also potential rockets and should never be subjected to extreme heat or cold...

While nitrous bongs are definitely cool you might want to think of making one that accepts a filled rubber ballon or something. These are not toys.

\lecture

I actually studied the effects of pressure on piping and how temperature affects surface forces.

My cracker doesn't have an airtight seal, obviously.
The top part where the gas is meant to travel, goes straight through, and there's no way to block this hole by accident.

N20 in canisters are compressed to 995psi, equivelant to 1million ppm(999,999) or 100% nitrous oxide.

So when the canister is released the cold temperature will only tighten seals, used with glue etc - but again I thought about this, so all my seals
are screw tight with plumbers tape and thin layer of industrial glue - which only strengthens when freezing.

There is literally no way my cracker can explode, ever, ever and ever.

Not even if I tried.

Safety = 100%

that's pretty damn cool man :p
and if i were more into nitrous or more into weed id have to have one for myself heh

Can we sticky this thread for a few weeks so nitrous boobs can understand how to make a proper bulbulator?

cheers for linking my thread Korn3x =D

Theres a few things i think should be cleared up:

While the whippits themselves are under quite high pressure, a cracker (with a baloon) will not be under anywhere near as much pressure. As the gas is released the pressure gets regulated by the balloon, as the pressure increases the balloon inflates (duh). The maximum pressure the system will experience is when the nitrous is completely released and even then the pressure will only reach that of an inflated balloon.
If you're cracker cant take the pressure present in a rubber balloon then you've got problems.
Pressure becomes a problem when you're pressure vessel cant expand such as with a whipped cream dispenser, overload one of them and it'll explode.

That nitrous bong looks pretty poorly executed. Think about it.
Pressure being released into a glass vessel. not safe. Twisting the cracker to release slowly is hardly a safety measure, its just an illusion of safety.
Good idea, not so great execution

Cold WILL affect plastic crackers, and in a bad way too. Plastics become quite brittle at low temperatures. Anyone who's used a cracker can tell you how cold they get and at those temperatures youll get a dramatic, without warning failure.
Glues are typically polymers (like plastics) and follow the same pattern as plastics with regard to low temperatures. Look forward to brittle failure.
Its not a chance i'd be willing to take after seeing a plastic cracker split in half and spray cold nitrous in a mates face.

Brass is used for a reason. It's strong, reacts predictably at low temperatures and is far easier to get a consistently tight seal (with the aid of some teflon plumbers tape). You guys can risk it with plastic if you want but i know what i'll be using
And to those who complain about a metal cracker getting cold, how hard is it to wrap you're shirt around the damn thing ;)

To anyone wondering whether i know my stuff, i'm a 4th year engineering student and fluid mechanics is my bitch =D

While the whippits themselves are under quite high pressure, a cracker (with a baloon) will not be under anywhere near as much pressure. As the gas is released the pressure gets regulated by the balloon, as the pressure increases the balloon inflates (duh). The maximum pressure the system will experience is when the nitrous is completely released and even then the pressure will only reach that of an inflated balloon.
If you're cracker cant take the pressure present in a rubber balloon then you've got problems.
Pressure becomes a problem when you're pressure vessel cant expand such as with a whipped cream dispenser, overload one of them and it'll explode.

Pressure being released into a glass vessel. not safe. Twisting the cracker to release slowly is hardly a safety measure, its just an illusion of safety.

Cold WILL affect plastic crackers, and in a bad way too. Plastics become quite brittle at low temperatures. Anyone who's used a cracker can tell you how cold they get and at those temperatures youll get a dramatic, without warning failure.
Glues are typically polymers (like plastics) and follow the same pattern as plastics with regard to low temperatures. Look forward to brittle failure.
Its not a chance i'd be willing to take after seeing a plastic cracker split in half and spray cold nitrous in a mates face.

Brass is used for a reason. It's strong, reacts predictably at low temperatures and is far easier to get a consistently tight seal (with the aid of some teflon plumbers tape). You guys can risk it with plastic if you want but i know what i'll be using
And to those who complain about a metal cracker getting cold, how hard is it to wrap you're shirt around the damn thing ;)

To anyone wondering whether i know my stuff, i'm a 4th year engineering student and fluid mechanics is my bitch =D

If my cracker breaks or explodes, i will personally send you sir, $10 via paypal.

You have to literally hold this thing, and i dont think you got the point when i said, it has not got an airtight seal. It has a hole at the top.

Every point in science says it wont explode, every single law of physics says it wont explode. Its impossible.
Its not gonna crack, and its not gonna explode.

As for the nitrous bong, it works, it hasnt exploded, nor can i see it happening since its not airtight. This is what i dont understand with you people.

Your talking about a danger right? of my cracker/bong exploding?
doing drugs is probably more dangerous....hypoxia ring a bell?
And yes sir, i am doing it the safest possible way and i acknowlegde the dangers.

The be honest, I personally believe my cracker is better than yours. Its just easier to use and from standpoint - safer. If you want i will make one for you and send it too you, if you cover build costs of $15. (no prejudice or insult intended here)

and just to re-clarify, this doesnt need plumbers tape.
The seals are air-tight and the pvc was built to with stand 1200PSI.

I do not intend to start an arugment or bring forth hatred, i just had to defend my land (bulbulator)

Please explain using the 4 years on engineering tech you have learnt, to explain to me how MY cracker is going to crack please. (pun awesome)

It follows your balloon concept.

Lets leave the bong out of this. That was a cosmetic gimmick to bring forth followers. (not really)

Can we sticky this thread for a few weeks so nitrous boobs can understand how to make a proper bulbulator?

no, sorry. even if it were stickied, we already know just how often they (don't) get read or even noticed. we utilise stickies for announcements in regards to what's going on and happening with changes around the place.

however i will add it into our directory if you like?:)

no, sorry. even if it were stickied, we already know just how often they (don't) get read or even noticed. we utilise stickies for announcements in regards to what's going on and happening with changes around the place.

however i will add it into our directory if you like?:)

Any form of publicity is good publicity.

Thanks

Every point in science says it wont explode, every single law of physics says it wont explode. Its impossible.
Its not gonna crack, and its not gonna explode.
Every point in science? 8)
You are clearly not familiar with science

As for the nitrous bong, it works, it hasnt exploded, nor can i see it happening since its not airtight. This is what i dont understand with you people.
If its not airtight then you're likely just wasting nitrous/smoke.
regardless, you're playing with pressures and glass. Its just not smart.
What would be MUCH safer is if you cracked a nang into a balloon, then attached that to the bong instead of cracking the nitrous directly into the bong.

Your talking about a danger right? of my cracker/bong exploding?
doing drugs is probably more dangerous....hypoxia ring a bell?
And yes sir, i am doing it the safest possible way and i acknowlegde the dangers.
Exploding glass or well-below-freezing gas to the face is a bit more dangerous than any hypoxia you could induce with nitrous. The only feasible way to induce hypoxia would be to choke on a balloon, its simply not a major risk unless you're using a tank. Or if you nang in a cupboard.

The be honest, I personally believe my cracker is better than yours. Its just easier to use and from standpoint - safer. If you want i will make one for you and send it too you, if you cover build costs of $15. (no prejudice or insult intended here)
Given the way you claim your design is 'The Best Nitrous Oxide Invention In History', its obvious you think its better. You are wrong.
You're design is pretty much the standard cracker design, only using inferior materials (ie PVC). Believe what you want, it doesnt change whats true :\

and just to re-clarify, this doesnt need plumbers tape.
The seals are air-tight and the pvc was built to with stand 1200PSI.
As i said before, its not about the pressure, its about the temperature.
A plastic cracker will likely work for quite a while. but when it fails, there wont be much (if any) warning, its will just fail.

When you twist the cracker in to puncture the bulbs, you put stress on the cracker. It will be the same stresses every time and they'll act in the same places. There will be planes within the material that are repeatedly being subjected to shearing. This is unavoidable, it'll happen with any design, any material. The repeated, cyclic loading leads to material fatigue, like when you bend a paperclip over and over eventually it will break, even though you never put in enough force to shear the metal.

In ductile materials, its not so much of a problem. the material need to be worked more before it will fail (and there'll usually be some warning signs). Try it with a brittle material, it will just break. Little to no warning.
Now, plastics are normally ductile materials at room temperature. Cool them down and you now have quite a brittle material.

On top of the repeated loading, theres the repeated, cyclic temperature load. You guessed it, that adds to the situation. With material fatigue you will get failure at far below the yield strength of a material

A plastic cracker wont fail immediately, but it will fail. I'm not saying a brass one wont fail, but you're looking at orders of magnitude longer before it does.

From the way you keep saying how fantastic your design and asking to have it stickied is its clear you've got pretty sizable ego so you probably wont take anything i've said on board. Thats fine, i dont really care.
To everyone else: don't just take my word for it, do some reading, ask/look around. You'll find that the consensus is brass = good....... aluminium & plastic = bad