• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The best anti-dep for treating anxiety....

^ I agree with this and I'm a materialist in the philosophical sense, in that I believe every thought, feeling and state of mind is an emergent property of the physical brain. I do think that people underestimate how interconnected thoughts, feelings and behaviours are, and that ultimately you do have a lot of control over your state of mind. I think your habits in these create your mental state.

I believe that's why anti depressants only work for a limited time for some people - the anti d's can create an unnatural mood lift, but if you don't change your thinking patterns your brain will eventually componsate and change to reflect these thoughts again, despite the anti depressant.

^ Lexapro made my anxiety go from a 9/10 to a 100/10. Hands down the worst thing I ever did for my anxiety.

Of course though, everyone's different.

In all seriousness, were you using meth at the time? Anti-depressants are useless if you're still smashing hard drugs in conjuction with meds.

As for your above post, of course Anti-D's will lose effectiveness. Using Lexapro as an example, it increases the level of Serotonin in the synapses. What about the function on the part of the brain that controls emotion and personality? You may have good levels of serotonin but if there is an issue within the emotional part of the brain that controls thought/feeling and personality then its useless. I hate anti-depressants, they're useless.

I truly think therapeutically supervised pharm grade MDMA would be more effective.

No, I wasn't using meth (or any other drugs, including alcohol). I quit drugs for a year to focus on overcoming my anxiety.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sadly though, I find none of the available

I think that I might have to give in to temptation, take benzodiazepines...Again..:(

Be careful, if you get addicted to benzos it will make your anxiety a thousand times worse, and say goodbye to being able to sleep on low doses.

If you can't get your hands on meds, perhaps try St John's Wort and Valerian. I know neither are quick fixes and don't work for everybody, but it's worth trying. Also drinking relaxing tea before bed (there are several night time teas that you can buy) may help relax your nerves a little. I've read also that getting enough Vitamin D can help reduce some physiological effects of anxiety, so perhaps look into that.

I hope you're feeling better soon, suffering anxiety is horrible!

footscrazy said:
Escitalopram (Lexapro) and Citalopram (Celexa) are effectively the same thing, as far as I know. I was always led to believe that lexapro (a stereoisomer of citolopram) was only ever devloped so the pharm company could get around their patent for citalopram running out. Develop a drug that does the same thing but is just structurally different enough to stick a new patent on it and make a killing for another 5 years :/

That is correct, escitalopram is simply the active stereoisomer of citalopram. It is therefore more potent then the racemic formulation, but the dose is accordingly lower. There are no studies showing that escitalopram has any advantage over citalopram in any real way.

Charles Bronson said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Sadly though, I find none of the available

I think that I might have to give in to temptation, take benzodiazepines...Again..

None of them are available? Your doctor won't write a prescription for them?

I agree with the sentiments above that psychotherapy is often a better treatment option then antidepressants, I really can't recommend that route of therapy highly enough.