• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The best and Easiest way to quit IV'ing SUbutex/Suboxone

CruelBri

Bluelighter
Plugging is the way to go if u cant stand the taste

Last edited:
I think u mean plugging. The act of putting things in the bum can be quite rewarding at times. just make sure u lock the doors because my parents caught me plug my Klonopin while I laid sideways with a syringe up my but

best way to quit abusing your meds is to take them as prescribed

Plugging is the next best way to IV or IM bupe. I have no idea why anyone would IM subs, but that is what the BA chart says that I read...from most to least efficient ROA with bupe in this order goes:IV-IM-Rectal/Plugging-Intranasal-Sublingual-Oral. But IME, plugging feels pretty damn close to IV bupe, without the super fast immediate onset of course, it does feel similar though once it kicks in usually about 5-10 mins after plugging it for me and lasts longer that way. If you like it sublingually, I would just take it that way, but I personally don't like to take anything sublingually, even subs. I get way too much saliva that builds up when doing this, and I cant talk or I end up spitting all of it out, sometimes the pill or strip(for the one month I had those, I hated those things) moves out from under my tongue, then gets ruined it I try to move it back under there even just barely touching it with my finger, those fucking strips used to get stuck to my teeth or the roof of my mouth sometimes, just places they didn't belong. And since they are strips they will be completely ruined and stick to your finger when trying to moved them around at all if this does happen. I told my doc I wanted the pills again because of this.. never had the strips again, not long after that I started sniffing them, and liked it way better and got by on like half as much as I was taking sub'l. Now I take subutex, which I like better and its cheaper, except I also cannot stop IVing my bupe.. I have a needle addiction for one thing and just have become so used to doing it this way I don't want to go back to less efficient ROAs at this point. Plus it just feels so damn good to me IV, especially subutex imo...I know most people think there is no difference between suboxone and subutex when I iv'd but I definitely notice that the 'tex is a little stronger feeling than 'boxone. I know its bad for you either way suboxone being worse with the flavoring and coloring, and that's just the generic suboxone tabs, the strips are even worse! Subutex is definitely the safest of them all, besides buprenex, the injectable liquid bupe some people get, I don't have any idea how they get it though...

How much more naloxone do you absorb when you plug suboxone as opposed to sublingual?

Cuz I heard sublingual usage prevents much of it being absorbed into the system

Nope.. its just there for a scare tactic honestly. The naloxone is ineffective, does nothing no matter the ROA you use.. It has too little of naloxone as apposed to buprenorphine in it, and the bupe as a much higher binding affinity to your receptors rendering the naloxone useless and inneffective. I have done suboxone everyway it can be done, including IV and never had a problem with it like they say you will if you use it any other way but sublingual.. Buprenorphine is actually a very strong opioid, but since it is a partial agonist its not able to be felt the same way as most full agonist opioids.

yeah...I don't think sticking zubsolv up my ass will help cure my needle fix.

it's not like my bupe actually gets me HIGH. I've never once felt even the slightest, most minuscule feeling from it.
you seem to be offering some alternative way to get a buzz off bupe.
but...why would I feel it if I plugged it, when I don't feel anything from it when I IV it?
I just have a needle fix.

Tightlywound. Some people can actually feel good from bupe and catch a nice buzz almost any ROA they use.. I'm one of those people. It gets me high! no lie.. I only IV my subutex now, because I also have a needle addiction, and well IV is like 98-100% BA. I also take a daily dose of klonopin with it, so that could be why it gets me feeling so good. If I smoke even just like 2 hits of some good weed too I will be nodding out from the bupe and benzos, plus the THC. Completely faded as if I did a full agonist. Also I do low doses at around 2mg or less each shot, spaced out thru the day. Like 3-4 2mg shots on the average day. But I will say that plugging, while it may not be quite as efficient as IV, is the next best ROA I have tried, feels much stronger than sublingual or sniffing, sniffing is the next best to plugging... I hate taking any pill sublingually, I get way too much saliva that builds up in my mouth and it also doesn't feel nearly as strong as the other 3 ROAs I mentioned.

But some people I know say they don't feel a thing from bupe, even if they take low doses.. Less is more to an extent with any kind of bupe.. suboxone, zubsolv, or subutex. I say to an extent because, I don't feel jack shit if I do those micro gram doses some people claim are much stronger, I feel perfect at 1-2mg at a time, no more no less, if I do like 4mg I don't feel nearly as good.. anything more than 4mg is total overkill and anything less than like 0.5mg to 1mg is too little for me, 2mg is the perfect dose to me, at least with IVing it. How much do you usually IV at a time tightlywound? If its more than 2mg a dose, that might be why your not feeling it, or it could just be your one of those people who doesn't get a buzz from bupe. I have no idea why some people do and some don't get high from it, but I definitely do get high from bupe. Starts out rather sedating feeling, sometimes I catch a small nod, nothing as much as I would with some good H or some dilaudid though.. call me crazy, but the high I get feels slightly similar to oxy in a way, because after the sedation I get real energetic and just have generally nice feeling for hours... It would make some sense too since oxy and bupe are both derived from the same thing, a plant called, thebaine.

Tightlywound. Some people can actually feel good from bupe and catch a nice buzz almost any ROA they use.. I'm one of those people. It gets me high! no lie.. I only IV my subutex now, because I also have a needle addiction, and well IV is like 98-100% BA. I also take a daily dose of klonopin with it, so that could be why it gets me feeling so good. If I smoke even just like 2 hits of some good weed too I will be nodding out from the bupe and benzos, plus the THC. Completely faded as if I did a full agonist. Also I do low doses at around 2mg or less each shot, spaced out thru the day. Like 3-4 2mg shots on the average day. But I will say that plugging, while it may not be quite as efficient as IV, is the next best ROA I have tried, feels much stronger than sublingual or sniffing, sniffing is the next best to plugging... I hate taking any pill sublingually, I get way too much saliva that builds up in my mouth and it also doesn't feel nearly as strong as the other 3 ROAs I mentioned.

But some people I know say they don't feel a thing from bupe, even if they take low doses.. Less is more to an extent with any kind of bupe.. suboxone, zubsolv, or subutex. I say to an extent because, I don't feel jack shit if I do those micro gram doses some people claim are much stronger, I feel perfect at 1-2mg at a time, no more no less, if I do like 4mg I don't feel nearly as good.. anything more than 4mg is total overkill and anything less than like 0.5mg to 1mg is too little for me, 2mg is the perfect dose to me, at least with IVing it. How much do you usually IV at a time tightlywound? If its more than 2mg a dose, that might be why your not feeling it, or it could just be your one of those people who doesn't get a buzz from bupe. I have no idea why some people do and some don't get high from it, but I definitely do get high from bupe. Starts out rather sedating feeling, sometimes I catch a small nod, nothing as much as I would with some good H or some dilaudid though.. call me crazy, but the high I get feels slightly similar to oxy in a way, because after the sedation I get real energetic and just have generally nice feeling for hours... It would make some sense too since oxy and bupe are both derived from the same thing, a plant called, thebaine.

I usually IV 2-3mg (~1/4 of an 8.6mg zubsolv) ~4x/day, every several hours.
I have IVed microgram doses and up to like 18mg of the shit at once -- nothing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HOWEVER, I will say, I've only ever had a scrip for bupe/naloxone, and I have NEVER been able to feel ANYTHING off that ...but STRAIGHT bupe (i.e. subutex) I CAN get a little but noticeable buzz/sometimes even a very slight nod off of for just a couple-few hours, if I IV 10mg++ (no less will do jack shit). I know, I know -- everybody says that the naloxone doesn't do shit, and if you can cop a buzz on subutex that you can cop a buzz on suboxone; but that is most definitely NOT true for me. and it is certainly not a placebo effect...the first time I IVed subutex (just bought a couple pills off an acquaintance who happened to have some as a one time thing when I was out of zubsolv and the pharmacy was fucking up, not having my shit in stock) I did most definitely not expect to feel anything at all, just as I'd never felt anything at all from my bupe/naloxone, because I'd always been under the impression that the naloxone didn't do jack shit & was just a marketing ploy. <<-- but surprise surprise when I did get a little bit high -- I was shocked! now whenever I'm admitted in the psych hospital, they only provide subutex there vs bupe/naloxone, and I stash away 4-8mg each day of my 12mg dose and get to have a nice little bit of an opiate buzz when I get back home, w/o failing my drug test at the sub doctor. xP like you said, it's NOTHING compared to dilaudid, H or even morphine...I wouldn't even compare it to oxy...but I don't like oxy anyway and have hardly ever even done it so...

I usually IV 2-3mg (~1/4 of an 8.6mg zubsolv) ~4x/day, every several hours.
I have IVed microgram doses and up to like 18mg of the shit at once -- nothing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HOWEVER, I will say, I've only ever had a scrip for bupe/naloxone, and I have NEVER been able to feel ANYTHING off that ...but STRAIGHT bupe (i.e. subutex) I CAN get a little but noticeable buzz/sometimes even a very slight nod off of for just a couple-few hours, if I IV 10mg++ (no less will do jack shit). I know, I know -- everybody says that the naloxone doesn't do shit, and if you can cop a buzz on subutex that you can cop a buzz on suboxone; but that is most definitely NOT true for me. and it is certainly not a placebo effect...the first time I IVed subutex (just bought a couple pills off an acquaintance who happened to have some as a one time thing when I was out of zubsolv and the pharmacy was fucking up, not having my shit in stock) I did most definitely not expect to feel anything at all, just as I'd never felt anything at all from my bupe/naloxone, because I'd always been under the impression that the naloxone didn't do jack shit & was just a marketing ploy. <<-- but surprise surprise when I did get a little bit high -- I was shocked! now whenever I'm admitted in the psych hospital, they only provide subutex there vs bupe/naloxone, and I stash away 4-8mg each day of my 12mg dose and get to have a nice little bit of an opiate buzz when I get back home, w/o failing my drug test at the sub doctor. xP like you said, it's NOTHING compared to dilaudid, H or even morphine...I wouldn't even compare it to oxy...but I don't like oxy anyway and have hardly ever even done it so...

YES! I feel the same way, about suboxone vs subutex. ITS NOT A PLACEBO, definitely not a placebo.. suboxone does give me a buzz, but subutex straight up gets me high! I would also compare to oxy myself.. not quite as strong.. its like a partial agonist oxy lol. The same sedating onset, with the slowly more and more energetic high, with waves of sedation every 20-30 mins.. when I slam it at least. I was on suboxone for like 2 years maybe 1.5 years.. I forget exactly.. but it was before subutex. I had these generic, white, half moon logo suboxone, from actavis I believe and they were the only suboxone that came anywhere close to subutex, for me.. no nasty orange dye, no orange/pill flavor(nastyyy af), and prepped up nicely for IV.. I mostly sniffed them back then, then tried plugging em.. liked it. and well I already knew my way around the needle, so before long I was slamming those, and they weren't as good as tex, but they worked... I liked those the best out of any bupe/naloxone products.. fuck the strips! I hate those things... never again will I get those if I can help it. But yeah, some people think I am crazy and making it up that subutex gets me high... it only feels perfect when I do 2mg a time IV.. that's my magic dose.. Love my first shot when I wake up in the morning.. that one gets me super nice feeling!! This morning I was truly nodding out, couldn't keep my eyes open from the shot I did! I hit a brand new vein with a fresh rig, and 2mg of tex.. for some reason whenever I use a new, untapped vein with tex, or really anytjing I slam, it seems to feel a bit stronger for some reason.. am I the only one who gets that??

YES! I feel the same way, about suboxone vs subutex. ITS NOT A PLACEBO, definitely not a placebo.. suboxone does give me a buzz, but subutex straight up gets me high! I would also compare to oxy myself.. not quite as strong.. its like a partial agonist oxy lol. The same sedating onset, with the slowly more and more energetic high, with waves of sedation every 20-30 mins.. when I slam it at least. I was on suboxone for like 2 years maybe 1.5 years.. I forget exactly.. but it was before subutex. I had these generic, white, half moon logo suboxone, from actavis I believe and they were the only suboxone that came anywhere close to subutex, for me.. no nasty orange dye, no orange/pill flavor(nastyyy af), and prepped up nicely for IV.. I mostly sniffed them back then, then tried plugging em.. liked it. and well I already knew my way around the needle, so before long I was slamming those, and they weren't as good as tex, but they worked... I liked those the best out of any bupe/naloxone products.. fuck the strips! I hate those things... never again will I get those if I can help it. But yeah, some people think I am crazy and making it up that subutex gets me high... it only feels perfect when I do 2mg a time IV.. that's my magic dose.. Love my first shot when I wake up in the morning.. that one gets me super nice feeling!! This morning I was truly nodding out, couldn't keep my eyes open from the shot I did! I hit a brand new vein with a fresh rig, and 2mg of tex.. for some reason whenever I use a new, untapped vein with tex, or really anytjing I slam, it seems to feel a bit stronger for some reason.. am I the only one who gets that??
Yes it's normal fresh veins deliver more punch.

^hell yeah they do! I have experienced this many times.. even shooting pills like sub and other shit on a daily basis(well sub daily) and I still find new veins all over my arms and still have most of the ones I started IVing in 5 years ago... my arms were what you would call a heroin addicts dream before becoming an IVDU.. still not too shabby considering all the shit I have slammed with no micron filter.. I hope I can get them some day in the future but idk.. I am immaculate with my IV practice though.. and always filter numerous times thru a cotton if shooting 'tex or other pills, the only one that I only usually have filtered one time only is dilaudid, it is like a pill made for IV, they melt right into the water and prep perfectly into a crystal clear solution, or clearish colered solution if they aren't the white 8mg tabs I norm get, or got as I don't do opioids these days just bupe.