Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread v. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
Welcome to the new benzodiazepine thread!

We've decided to take a more HR oriented approach, as at times the previous threads were very much just about getting extremely intoxicated on benzodiazepines. Let's try to keep the focus on using safely, and not glorifying the use of these drugs.

To clarify, it's fine to share stories about your experiences. We can all learn from people's negative experiences. However, stories purely about using so much that you blacked out and did silly things are boring since we've all seen them before. If you have a story like that, think about framing it in a way that will have a positive impact when people read it.

As always, no sources, no prices, no dealing and no incriminating posts. Enjoy!

Previous thread can be found here.

Thank god mr. blonde, who is the most sensible
person on this board, has finally, and wisely, started
a thread on benzos with the above mentioned rules.

I Too, am sick of people abusing these drugs to the extent
that they blackout and have amnesia etc.. Who really cares!!!

It also angers me that people abuse these drugs, they're not meant
to be abused, you idiots, there meant to be taken lightly so that they
calm anxious people such as myself, it's because of people like that why
it's so hard for me to get a benzo script for my severe anxiety these days.

That being said, i'm hooked on benzo's in my own way, i'm addicted to ' em
but i don't overdo or abuse them, i take them as prescribed, 3 .25 mg alprazolam
tabs a day. They work wonders, i just hope i have good access to benzos forever.

peace

I haven't really been fond on Benzo's, the only time I use them is when I haven't been able to get some Seroquel and need to sleep after an MDMA night out. The times I have had on there own just made me really tired and spaced out.

Good luck being on benzos forever. I suggest you switch doctors, any doctor that is trying to treat symptoms with benzos long term is an idiot. You need to treat the cause not the symptoms!! Im anxiety free, I used to have it really really badly to the point I couldnt eat, sleep or do anything social. The more you take it the worse ur anxiety will become. You cant stay on benzos forever, thats why ur doctor is knocking you back scripts, he is doing you a favor if you think about it. On the side note if u are taking benzos or seroquels to knock you out to sleep then there is something wrong with your Molly. Anytime I use it I fall asleep like a baby right after even at high doses.

Very very true Sustanon. If it is proper pure molly, no other additives added like Meth/amphets/stim's sleep is usually not a problem for me at all when i get home from town. And would always wake up with a really good mdma after glow :)

but if the pills/mollys were tainted with various stims, then even if i do get to sleep, it'd be really aweful sleep, and wake up hella scatter'd :)

anyways, back on the subject, I beelieve these new rules for this thread is well deserved. I too, have in the past, been on this thread and telling my epic stupidness things that i've done whilest blackd out on various benzos. Which is not really Harm Reduction at all.

Recently I have been able to once again keep my benzo use to only be used when needed, I.E. when coming down hard/anxiety issues etc... Instead of just taking it for the sake of getting high :)
I hope to continue this theraputic use from now on. and Not to go back on the bad habbits of getting absolutely benny'd out on it :)

@Sustanon

Can you post some things that helped you get over your anxiety, so far nothing has worked for me, my mum is buying me a book, not sure what its called but the more information/experiences I have the better chance I have of becoming benzo free. Being dependant on benzos sucks arse, then if you run out one day and experience withdraws it could potentially be quite dangerous to you.

Thank god mr. blonde, who is the most sensible
person on this board, has finally, and wisely, started
a thread on benzos with the above mentioned rules.

I Too, am sick of people abusing these drugs to the extent
that they blackout and have amnesia etc.. Who really cares!!!

It also angers me that people abuse these drugs, they're not meant
to be abused, you idiots, there meant to be taken lightly so that they
calm anxious people such as myself, it's because of people like that why
it's so hard for me to get a benzo script for my severe anxiety these days.

That being said, i'm hooked on benzo's in my own way, i'm addicted to ' em
but i don't overdo or abuse them, i take them as prescribed, 3 .25 mg alprazolam
tabs a day. They work wonders, i just hope i have good access to benzos forever.

peace

Firstly, your post looks beautiful. Nice formatting ;)

Secondly, it's a slippery slope to be saying what any drug is meant to be used for. Your argument can easily be used for opiates, stimulants, and many other drugs too. It's a fact of life that any abusable drug will be abused.

@Sustanon

Can you post some things that helped you get over your anxiety, so far nothing has worked for me, my mum is buying me a book, not sure what its called but the more information/experiences I have the better chance I have of becoming benzo free. Being dependant on benzos sucks arse, then if you run out one day and experience withdraws it could potentially be quite dangerous to you.

Sure, I wrote this in the other thread called "What do I do"

Firstly u need to set out a career goal. Thats what I did. Im going to uni soon so I can live my dream Do plenty of exercise, cardio and weights. What really helped me so sooo much is this 1 hour stretching program I have that u can do it at home, Ill give u a link where to download it. Every time I do it I feel so relaxed and anxiety free with no worries in the world and I feel great. Just as relaxed as taking a bar or 2. My tolerance was through the roof as well taking 5-6 bars / night at one stage. Always used to love getting wobbly on my feet from half bar with no tolerance but that doesnt last forever and nothing will. Yoga and meditation is awesome too. Works wonders. All I thought about everyday was how Im looking forward to getting home so I can just get high but now days I look forward to doing other things that I mentioned. There are other ways to get rid of anxiety apart from drugs but like I said it will take time. I had anxiety to the point where id get it when I was having lunch, was so hungry but my appetite went and had to force myself to eat, im not going to even bring up sleeping issues as they are horrible too.

Go out more, socialize with friends, all I did was lie to my friends saying I was busy just to avoid social situations and to get high. A girlfriend helps too to take ur mind off things. Drinking chamomile or green tea is cool too sitting in a bath tub full of bubble bath (Hot water relaxes ur muscles) used to do it alot when I had a major opiate addiction (Hydromorphone, oxys, morphine etc) All these little things can make a huuuge difference. Thats all I can think of at the moment but will def add more to it if I do remember more. Massages also helps to.

Yeah sick of reading fucked up/black out stories.

Kinda like that theres a new benzo thread. Getting some alpraz today and intend to stick to to my rule of 2mg a day max.

Impressed that you stick to 0.25x3 a day docChemX. Reading that makes me rethink my own daily limit.

Yeah same, agree with pinkanga...There was no HR value in that other thread.

I'm currently scripted 6 mg Clonazepam/4 mg Alprazolam daily. I don't take it all though. I take 2 mg Clonazepam, after my Omeprazole, with either another 2 mg of Clonazepam or 2 mg Alprazolam for a severe debilitating anxiety disorder.

Omeprazole does wonders at giving your benzodiazepine of choice, a boost. I highly recommend it. Plus, it's added benefit includes the reduce risks associated with NSAID use, such as peptic ulcers, a few people who might read this, this applies to you Panafen + people...:p

Staring tomorrow though, I'm going to limit my benzodiazepine use to 2 mg Clonazepam. I've been on it for a month, time to taper off it, started off using it as an augmentation therapy until the Zoloft 100 mg kicked in. I don't know though, I feel as if the Zoloft is making me more anxious, rather than my previous Rx'd antidepressant, Paroxetine 40 mg.

Well I'm glad to see we're all on board. :)

Sustanon: Great post with some interesting ideas. I think exercise in particular is a good one, though admittedly I don't do any myself. I was going to start walking more at the very least but in the last month I've developed some pretty debilitating arthralgia. :\

I mentioned in the last thread I acquired an erimin 5 (nimetazepam) and should be trying it soon. Gave it a thrash a week or so ago and I have to say I was quite impressed with it, it had a really interesting body buzz and definately improved my mood a great deal. One wasn't quite enough with my tolerance, I would say 2 or 3 would get me to a sweet spot, but its definately deserving of its reputation as a recreational benzo.

I have been using a lot of benzos lately but not abusng them, they really are a life saver during periods of your life that are laden with stress and anxiety as mine has been lately. Aside from the dangers of abusing benzo's, its just a waste, getting blacked out can't compare to the feeling of all your anxiety and/or stress being lifted but still being able to function.

I guess I better make my mandatory post in the benzo thread...

Enjoy your nimetaze d_m.

It's one of my favourites.

^ I already took it and did enjoy it very much, thanks. :)

What dose would you reccomend to someone used to taking a few mgs of xanax for a buzz? I think I read a 5mg tablet is equivalent to .5-1mg of aprazolam but my memory could be off. I found one wasn't quite enough for me who would usually dose 2mg of xanax or so, the weird thing is though it still kicked in quite intensely but it just seemed like the intensity of the buzz faded pretty quickly and then it was back to feeling moderately benzo'd. It definately seems at the right dose like this drug would have a body high unlike any other benzo I have experienced and it was quite hypnotic but social at the same time. I really enjoyed the stuff.

For me taking 1mg alpraz with a nice glass of glen livet or something is just so much more satisfying and enjoyable than going stupid with it and taking 8+ mg in a day just to keep that buzz going. Im prescribed dexies for add too so capping off the day with 1 or 2 alpraz's just takes the edge off the dex nicely and allows me to bring my head space back to comfortable levels after the dex (I tend to overdo it on the dex a little).

I will admit here though that I had 3mg today :( .... 6 hrs at work and 4hrs on my own with fuck all happening I just couldnt resist taking 2 then another 1 tonight when I got home. But back in the day that probably would have been 4 at work and another 2 at home after maybe some codeine or something. But at as long as we learn from our mistakes and figure out our habitual tendencies its all good right!?

Now to get just a bunch of valium and reduce my codeine intake to couple nights a week ;)

While blacking out can be an uncomfortable experience in the days following, I find the partial amnesia of fuzzy memory you can get after benzos to be equally disturbing. Last time I got a legit script for temaz it happened to coincide with me acquiring some alpraz and diaz at the same time. I went a little bit silly for about a week.... sticking to my rule of only 2mg alpraz a day but combining that with maybe up to 30mg diazepam after codeine while watching a movie or something then chasing that with 40mg temaz or so later in the night just 'cos =D

I basically lost the week. I know I was enjoying myself but my I can barely recall what the fuck happened during the entire week, and for me that is a super uncomfortable feeling and ultimately makes me feel pretty anxious until I just tell myself to let it go.

That feeling of super auto-pilot you go into on benzos can be pretty enjoyable but its best kept to a 1 or 2 day period before taking a break IMO. When extended over a week or even more (some people go years, scarily) you begin to lose your sense of self a little. Thats what it feels like to me anyway.

Still. In moderation.... very enjoyable.

Blackouts are very disturbing when they happen. I've been lucky to have relatively few minor ones.

With higher dose benzos one of the things I dislike is how I'll do something I normally wouldn't , then afterwards I'll be like 'oh god why did I do that'...which will cause some anxiety which would cause me to take more benzos.

I feel like I've always had something in the back of my mind to worry/fret about...if I don't have anything I'll actively find something to put there. In recent years I've gotten much better at just chilling out with the thoughts there, instead of going 'BAD FEELING MUST GET RID OF!'.

Status
Not open for further replies.