Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Bahá’í faith and universality of religion

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
I’m curious if anyone else has read any texts about the Bahá’í faith and what their thoughts were?

I think many people in today’s world recognize that religion is often a matter of geographical location during childhood as opposed to being some ‘correct philosophy’ and all other religions are wrong.

The Bahá’í faith takes this a step further by canonizing in it’s primary scripture (the teachings of Baháu’lláh) the validity of all the major world religions. It professes divine ‘manifestations of God’ coming about every so often and revealing some hidden truth that is needed for the conditions of the current society. Examples of canonized manifestations are Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad, Krishna and Buddha. Some prophet figures present within indigenous cultures of the Americas have been touted by prominent Bahá’ís as potential manifestations as well, though none are canonized.

Do you think that there is some universal truth in all spiritual traditions? Are we simply blinded by dogma and customs and fail to see the universal truth in all mysticism?

Obviously there is no good answer to these questions but I’m curious what bluelight thinks…

Last edited:
this is just another fucking bullshit religion that hates on LGBT. Fuck them
Yeah I agree this bothered me too. I’m LGBT myself so it’s quite off putting

But I think that’d be like discrediting all slightly orthodox religions, as even Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc have homophobic teachings

I tend to believe that the specific laws layed down by religious leaders are artifacts of human error and not part of the universal spirituality the Bahá’í faith professes.

Thus, I think getting caught up in specific behavioral laws layed out by religions isn’t a meaningful way to debate their veracity

Last edited:
I’m curious if anyone else has read any texts about the Bahá’í faith and what their thoughts were?

I think many people in today’s world recognize that religion is often a matter of geographical location during childhood as opposed to being some ‘correct philosophy’ and all other religions are wrong.

The Bahá’í faith takes this a step further by canonizing in it’s primary scripture (the teachings of Baháu’lláh) the validity of all the major world religions. It professes divine ‘manifestations of God’ coming about every so often and revealing some hidden truth that is needed for the conditions of the current society. Examples of canonized manifestations are Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad, Krishna and Buddha. Some prophet figures present within indigenous cultures of the Americas have been touted by prominent Bahá’ís as potential manifestations as well, though none are canonized.

Do you think that there is some universal truth in all spiritual traditions? Are we simply blinded by dogma and customs and fail to see the universal truth in all mysticism?

Obviously there is no good answer to these questions but I’m curious what bluelight thinks…
This is an excellent post for once this part of BL is on form, I can say many things on this which may be a little long, is it worth me posting in reply & you will read it?

This is an excellent post for once this part of BL is on form, I can say many things on this which may be a little long, is it worth me posting in reply & you will read it?
Yes please post it! Depending on the the length can’t guarantee an immediate response lol but within a day for sure