• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Bad and Dangerous DXM Hospitalization Thread

Insurance companies hate paying out...

Is ending up in the ER a relatively common experience with DXM? I mean, comparable to some illegal street drugs in terms of how often?

The reason I ask is that at some point insurance companies and hospitals are going to lean hard on the FDA and DEA to make it illegal, even if people just have to cough like hell until they recover from the flu. If DXM-related ER visits are fairly common, I'd put the chances of eventual scheduling at fair-to-good.

Don't mean to bring anyone down, and what I'm about to say I mean no offense: If it happens, you guys did it by doing stupid shit put you in the ER -- so you know who to blame.

Last edited:
900 mgs in the form of coricidin cough and cold. lost function of my lungs and went into a seizure. the ambulance drivers stuck some defribulator (sp?) device that breathed for me. got to the ER and they made me drink 2 bottles of charcoal, puked alot of it up but they said if i didnt drink it all they would have to pump my stomache. i didnt want that. spent 1 week in a mental institution as 51-50...

nemesis-a said:
900 mgs in the form of coricidin cough and cold. lost function of my lungs and went into a seizure. the ambulance drivers stuck some defribulator (sp?) device that breathed for me. got to the ER and they made me drink 2 bottles of charcoal, puked alot of it up but they said if i didnt drink it all they would have to pump my stomache. i didnt want that. spent 1 week in a mental institution as 51-50...

That probably would not have happened if you had used something with DXM only.

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
That probably would not have happened if you had used something with DXM only.

you're from texas.

Last edited:
Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
It's a good thing I was not alone when I ended up in the hospital. My blood pressure was about 300/240 when I got to the hospital. It briefly went to about 400/300&something when they tried to pump my stomach. I did not know it was possible to have a BP that high.

I don't think it is- you would almost surely have irreparable damage if your blood pressure really was 400/300- your heart would have ruptured most arteries and caused a stroke. If not that, then death. Sounds like someone tried to cook up some figures to either scare you, or scare us. :\

:)

willow11 said:
I don't think it is- you would almost surely have irreparable damage if your blood pressure really was 400/300- your heart would have ruptured most arteries and caused a stroke. If not that, then death. Sounds like someone tried to cook up some figures to either scare you, or scare us. :\

:)

That is quite likely the case. I would not know, I was completely disconnected from reality. I had never heard of anyone having such a high BP before, and did not think there would be much chance of surviving that without serious damage.

My BP was quite high when I came too, the high number about 200. Not too much higher than it would have been without drugs. Nowhere near what they said it was at the highest. I suspect they often try to scare drug users. The doctor and nurses were assholes. They tried to make me feel guilty, and would not believe me when I said it was DXM.

I still think it is a very bad idea to combine DXM with stimulants.

I have also noticed significant respiratory suppression when I mixed about 600mg DXM with a medium dose of poppies. Probably not a good idea to take that much DXM with more than a small amount of an opiate, it could be dangerous. Low dose DXM+opiates is really nice though.