View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Bad and Dangerous DXM Hospitalization Thread

Andy149n

Greenlighter
So the other night I decided since I have had a horrible week I would get some dxm and enjoy myself for a few hours. So I bought 4 bottles of the gelcaps at my local walgreens/cvs and went hope and downed them. I think totaly i had taken around 1250mg's of the drug. I had done it before in the past with usually 800mg's ( 2 bottles) but it was a bad week and i went for more. About 2 hours after i take them it comes over me and my whole world is spinning. I layed down and about 20 mins later my mom comes in saying she had a "feeling" and needed to see if everything was alright. Apparently i was speaking gibberish to her and she called 911 in a panic. At this point in time i dont know how to describe it, i could literally see myself laying on my bed, and this was fucking insane. After I was loaded into the ambulance It happened again on the ride there; I could see myself laying there while the paramedic was poking and prodding me. Eventually at the er they made me drink some nasty black tar ( dunno the name for it ) and sent me home a few hours later. So i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the kind of things i did on this FUCKING AWESOME trip.

welcome to bluelight......even though you've been here a while you just haven't posted. Anyway, if what you described is accurate and you did indeed see yourself from an out of body perspective I'm not surprised. It's not uncommon when getting into the 3rd and 4th plataeu. It's too bad the experience wasn't allowed to continue and you were taken to the hospital. I am surprised they sent you home within a few hours, though.

had done it before in the past with usually 800mg's ( 2 bottles)

but this time you did 4, thats 1600mg mate, note 1250mg, anyway it sounds awesome but if your gonna trip on dxm when family are in the house, tell your parents and siblings that ''im really tired and im going to bed early tonight can you guys not bother me for the rest of the night'' and youll be sweet, its what i do.

anyway, sounds like a good trip, besides the ambulanced etc lol

yeah, that's true. Didn't think of that, just never seen bottles of gelcaps, usually one or the other. Sure, you can buy bottles of tylenol pills, but unfortunately, they don't sell dxm pills 500 at a time lol.

yeah, this happened to me before. Twice, actually. Both times I took doses in excess of 1500mg, in coricidin tablets, no less (not recommended). I made the mistake of travelling within eyesight of people who had no idea wtf was wrong with me: my mom, once, and a friend's mom, a seperate time. In both instances, involved parties were immediately concerned, considering I could barely walk or respond to stimuli in any way.

I remember coming to awareness in the emergency room the first time, with my mom sitting next to me, and having no idea who she was or how I got there. Once she told me, I had a butterfly effect-esque moment in which the entire course of my day hit me all at once, and I realized I'd asked her who she was and how I'd gotten there at least a dozen times before. I then promptly forgot.

I was forced to drink large styrofoam cups of activated charcoal (that's what it's called, btw) in efforts to soak up the contents of my stomach. All I remember is it turned my teeth black, it turned my feces jagged, it tasted like absolute shit, and I had no qualm whatsoever guzzling cups upon cups of it as if it were delicious. I think I even laughed at the fact that I was drinking it, at one point, much to the dismay of the horrified doctor attempting to direct me.

I was eventually committed to a mental institution for this little stunt, because paramedics as well as my family were certain I couldn't have done this without having intended to kill myself (which was false). I spent about two weeks in this institution before being released on good behavior, after officials came to the conclusion there really wasn't much particularly wrong with me once I sobered the fuck up. It wasn't that bad; my biggest complaint is the food.

second time I did this is far more of a blur. I remember having some intense psychedelic experience listening to marilyn manson's mechanical animals album, though, in which I were some totally seperate entity on some bizarre adventure in outer space. My body was completely disabled and motionless throughout the course of this experience, collapsed in a friends' bedroom under the watchful eye of her entire family. They eventually got ahold of my mom who took me straight back to the hospital like it was standard procedure.

drank more charcoal, laughed a little bit more, had a few more butterfly effect moments...then took off running in a disassociative daze when I realized they intended to put me back in an institution. I was lost in the surrounding city for half a day or so before the dose wore off and I realized where the fuck I was.

fun times, fun times.

^Wow. That's a crazy DXM story. If i were a gamblin' man i'd bet that the antihistamines in coriciden played a part in your experience as well.

I once ended up in the ER from mixing DXM with ephedra. It resulted in a hypertensive crisis. The trip was very interesting though. It would have been terrifying if I had known what was going on, but I was in another world, completely unaware.

DXM caused my only drug related trip to the hospital I took around 500mgs for my first "trip" on it. First of all it didnt seem very Phycadelic at all made me drunk and confused not to mention robo walk is a bitch. Everything was cool until I came down I had drank two twelve ounce cokes while eating the pills I couldn't piss. Tried to pee for like an hour my stomach got really bloated it fucking hurt. went to the hospital got a catheter wasnt to much fun havent touched DXM since.

four bottles worth? were those the ones that contain twenty each? good christ, that's horrible. i vomited on two bottles worth. i couldn't imagine there would be any positive aspect to doing that much dxm.

DXM is extremly strong and worth while. Many people never give it more than acouple tries. I would personally never do more then 800mgs, 1250 sounds really intense.

The amount needed for a strong trip varies with body weight. I am a big person and need about 900mg to reach the 3rd plateau. For a stronger trip, 1.2g. I don't even try for the fourth.

I've done around 1200 MG or so, had an out of body experience, crazy shit. I also pretty much lost my short and mid term memory. I asked my friend about...100 times or so in a 3 hour period, saying "Where am I?" about every 2 minutes or so, I never stopped. Of course my long term memory was still working, and I remembered thing's from my childhood and experienced them.

I hate how people think you only get "drunk" off of dxm and that it has no trip value what so ever. I guess I'm lucky that I post here, because most people here know a lot more then the average drug user I meet around here >_>.

I am so glad though that I've never had to go to the hospital, that would be very strange...

never had a hospitilization mainly because everytime i do dxm i make sure the rents arent home or that im no where close to home if they are. there was one close call i did 900 mgs and chacked the robo cough gels all over my shirt. it was goopy and pink just like cough gel puke im sure you all know what im talking about. i was speakng almost gibbersih but i managed to blurt out lots of alcohol and pink livewires she totaly bought it and left me alone in my room. just remember to squint your eyes so they dont see your pupils or else your busted

ive taken four bottles of robogels before but i puked.
most ive taken is 1600mg and watched my self do things from the corner of the ceiling. never gone to the hospital though i never get caught like that.

900mg was where I topped out; but I don't remember any of the trip since I took it with 350mg of diphenhydramine and 2mg of clonazepam so I was uber-fucked. I took all that at about 7pm on a sat. night and next thing I knew it was 4:45 sun. evening and my room-mates told me I had been wandering around the house speaking gibberish and then withdrew to my bedroom to, 'pray' for several hours before going to bed. Unfortunately I don't remember I damned thing.

nativenick said:
never had a hospitilization mainly because everytime i do dxm i make sure the rents arent home or that im no where close to home if they are. there was one close call i did 900 mgs and chacked the robo cough gels all over my shirt. it was goopy and pink just like cough gel puke im sure you all know what im talking about. i was speakng almost gibbersih but i managed to blurt out lots of alcohol and pink livewires she totaly bought it and left me alone in my room. just remember to squint your eyes so they dont see your pupils or else your busted

It's a good thing I was not alone when I ended up in the hospital. My blood pressure was about 300/240 when I got to the hospital. It briefly went to about 400/300&something when they tried to pump my stomach. I did not know it was possible to have a BP that high. They gave me something to bring my BP down. I don't remember that happening, I was completely out of it. I could have easily died or had a stroke. When I first became aware of what was happening, I saw my BP at around 200/120. I did not realize what the numbers meant at first.

It turns out that I had untreated hypertension, my BP continued to average about 185/115 until I got my prescription a couple of weeks.

I normally research any combo before trying it, but failed to do so this time. I just wanted something to help me stay awake because I felt like I would fall asleep.

If you are going to try any new drug or drug combo, it is best not to do it alone. I would not do DXM while parents are awake, for obvious reasons. If I was doing a new DXM combo, I would make sure someone was around to help if needed. It seems that DXM combos are more likely to be dangerous than most other drug combos.

From time to time, I see people asking about mixing DXM with stimulants. It is a terribly stupid thing to do. It may not be too bad if the DXM dose is low (1st plateau), but I would not even do that.

my parents responded rather well actually, my mom just said "if you are having that bad of a time come talk to me instead of taking these pills". But all i really wanted was a good ass trip and i got it lol. Yea the crisis counselor they made me see said if i showed up there again they would make me stay for a bit. What does that mean? i have no idea and i never really thought about it. The next time ill just wait till my parents are out for the night i suppose.