The Australian only hip hop/rap thread. All you people from Oz please school us? We don't get exposure on the outside

simstim

Bluelighter
There's some whiteys (I think) getting a kebab in Sydney LOL. This could actually be promising because a race riot might break out (between white Aussies and Lebanese)..

Look even guns!!

And here's some Aboriginals who just got out of jail. I can't make the whites fight them though 🙁

It looks like he's got a gun at one point. I don't think it'd be smart even showing a gun on a video clip here. Especially if you're aboriginal and just out of jail 😅

Let's start there. These songs were too good not to think more like this exist.

@andyturbo @AbbeyLee @Jabberwocky and also @ the rest of Australia please school us on the local rap/hip hop scene.

There is a whole continent producing it and the rest of the English speaking world is deaf to it for the most part.

So post it up! Represent for Australian rap!! What?!

Here's a few together. Hilltop Hoods are the oldest I know of..

Then there's Bliss n Eso (Watsky is American)..

360 who I like the most but he's had bad depression for years and I think he's out of the game atm (if not permanently) :(

Kerser & Rates who are brothers..

This went a bit viral recently.. It's an aboriginal guy who's been camped out protesting at one of the big coal mines for the last two years. So he just did it on the fly.

It got posted on Reddit and people went crazy. Was exciting cos the aboriginals need every bit of help they can get.

Thanks @AbbeyLee . Those were all interesting to hear.

I mostly listen to rap that's about drugs and violence so it's quite a bit of a change to hear these.

I like hearing new music that's different though so thanks!

Please show us more.

Aussies are less about violence and drugs/crime (we have less than the US for one thing) but big on telling it how it is with life..

This was done in one take by the guy who has serious depression and can't work anymore..

He did this last year. It's really sad and I can relate. He's from Melbourne with a similar background to me..

This was him in a good place..

That Wombat guy I've never heard of but he's pretty good..

https://youtu.be/SVk8_HoQ4eA

Just saw this randomly, clicked & reckon it's pretty good @simstim

That channel has a ton of Aussie rap.