L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I have to agree with this. 100%. My social skills are extremely impaired as I spent my formative years with a father who was extremely socially awkward. He could not even hold a conversation with my friends' parents without blushing and sweating. And all his conversations were stilted. When it comes to acquiring social skills, it's a matter of nurture, not nature. Now when I look in the mirror I see my dad, metaphorically speaking.

I don't want to sound as though I'm passing the buck and that I'm copping out. No. I'm just explaining my reasons for social isolation. People generally treat me with derision, despite me being civil, friendly and polite towards those people.

I try to analyze my conversations, to see where I can improve. But, frankly, I simply do not know how to learn from past communication with others. I've read articles and books and watched Youtube videos but I'm not making much progress. If anyone has any advice on how to improve social skills when you're constantly viewed as a weirdo by others then please let me know.

Just remember that you can develop your own whole new set of habits and demeanor / skills socially for your own. This reflects but it can reflect back or also be something with which you can see definitively what didn’t work for either and change the pace.

@Michael_25

I’m a super weirdo! That’s nothing to be embarrassed about! Weirdness often means one has unconventional and unpopular passions.

For instance, I carry a black light flashlight in my purse so I can see fungi, scorpions, some moths and many things at the beach and tide pools at night. I am often told that’s weird, even by my siblings, but who cares? It’s one of those unusual things that makes me who I am.

I think you need to recognize this in yourself. By what definition do you believe yourself to be a weirdo? I’d bet it’s likely passions you have that aren’t particularly common, and maybe you have been teased about them when you were younger? You have to embrace what makes you different from everyone else around you! ♥️

I have to agree with this. 100%. My social skills are extremely impaired as I spent my formative years with a father who was extremely socially awkward. He could not even hold a conversation with my friends' parents without blushing and sweating. And all his conversations were stilted. When it comes to acquiring social skills, it's a matter of nurture, not nature. Now when I look in the mirror I see my dad, metaphorically speaking.

I don't want to sound as though I'm passing the buck and that I'm copping out. No. I'm just explaining my reasons for social isolation. People generally treat me with derision, despite me being civil, friendly and polite towards those people.

I try to analyze my conversations, to see where I can improve. But, frankly, I simply do not know how to learn from past communication with others. I've read articles and books and watched Youtube videos but I'm not making much progress. If anyone has any advice on how to improve social skills when you're constantly viewed as a weirdo by others then please let me know.
notice the chronic tensions in your musculature. daily feel it & eradicate some of it. Although thats challenging advice in a way, i'm not sure it ever comes easier. India calls these stages Asana & Pranayama. For westerners, Robert Anton Wilson did a pretty good job of explaining it in 'prometheus rising' / 'quantum psychology'.

We can't outrun the physiological angles on why our bodies are feeling the way that they feeling.

address the muscular tensions etc and then the sky isn't even a limit. Uncomfortable long term sentences for human primatoids haha