Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

The Amantadine trip report

toxide

Bluelighter
I acquired a pretty decent amount from Very reutable source

I took about 2-4grams, I figured this would alright to eyeball seeing how the max single dose of amantadine is 100mg and being that it's compared with memantine and the only memantine trip report says that about half a gram really doesn't do too much but lasts for days I figured that this would be a good starting dose.....I know dangerous and stupid.

Dissociatives are my favs, I've tried lots of pcp,k,dxm,n2o,shroom,4homipt,4hodet,2cp,2cd,2ce,2ct2,2ct7
benadryl,methylone,mda,mdma,mmda,tma2,lsa,lsd,salvia,amt
dipt,dpt,dmt,ayahuasca,5meodmt
and other none psychedelics

I drank it down with some lemonade, bitter but it doesn't stick or linger
I drank it with 3 glasses of lemonade to wash it down
I figured it would be a little while b4 it kicked in so I decided to take a nice long shower

About 25min later in the shower it started with tingles going thru my head then down to my body then they subsided
Then the viuals kicked in and I didn't expect these at all, I figured as a week nmda antag and as a dopamine agonist that this would be a speedy high with a mild head trip like n2o or sumthing. It was more like some crazy type of antichlorogen high. The Visuals started as the water droplets swirling all over the shower, then the ceiling would swirl and fly out at me. The droplets would produce what looked like sparks of transparent sparks flying everywhere and everything had these transparent but Very visible lined of energy flowing and coming off everything. But mentally my thought process was slow but no high really to speak of, No euphoria. No stimulation, Just dumb and amidst oalot of visuals unlike anything I have ever tried.

I get out the shower and head to my room I start getting really hot, like sweating buckets, I start getting nauseas. I try to relax and get rid of any nervous misdirected energy that could be causing this. The Visuals got crazy at this point, lots everything was moving and swirling around real fast but not in gently serotonine way, around really fast. the lights were off except for the street lights shining in thru the windows.They kept changing droplets of water would drip from the floor to the ceiling making it ripple and the ceiling look like a pond I would movies projected in front of me, not like a vivid imagination like a movie i had no control over playing on the ceiling the paint crack/light variations and shadows would turn in very complex scenes with figures dancing or fighting, I would see ghosts or tansparent figures moving around everywhere I would sheets from the other beds in the room get up and move around like ghosts This intense constant and always changeing with out much control over the visions but if i looked away they'd stop for a second and change.

With eyes closed I was on some crazy ass landscape flying past complex structures and with eyes open and closed there was a bizzare cartoon element. The visuals would have been very interesting and cool if the bodyload wasn't so bad, after working so many weird psychs like dpt,dipt,amt and ayahuasca which i love.
I couldn't with the body load so i tried to goto sleep since it wasnt going awayany time soon. The it got the best of me and I started puking. Then I was dry heaving, everything was coming out. Eventually I could sleep but I awoke with still the intense lethargy and stomach probs. This very gradually subsided over the next day and ahalf I could not eat or drink any for the next 18 hours never was i high just lots of visuals, with letharyg,stupidity,nausea.
If I ever decide to try this again it will be less than 1gram with some K as I'm not sure what caused the toxicity but I assume it's dopamine related. Very weird.

Last edited:
sorry abount the spelling and grammer errors my comp is fuking up.Also I may have been alittle dehydrated that day and I ate a huge meal in like 5min 3hrs b4 cuz I was in a hurry, not sure if that affected it

Did you bother reading a monograph of amantadine (Symmetrel) before taking such a large dose? If so you'd have found that it has a piss poor theraputic index and that high doses have been observed to be neurotoxic (not exactly good for a Parkison's drug) - it's also an antiviral drug, antivirals almost always showing some cytotoxicity.

Not exactly a high score on the intelligence rating (2-4g of amantadine, that is)

to OP:ive been kinda intersted by memantine and amentadine for a while now, but god damn, why such the high dose your first time? plus, im pretty sure memantine is active at the 50-100mg level, half a gram seems like a lot.

to f&b:
fastandbulbous said:
Did you bother reading a monograph of amantadine (Symmetrel) before taking such a large dose? If so you'd have found that it has a piss poor theraputic index and that high doses have been observed to be neurotoxic (not exactly good for a Parkison's drug) - it's also an antiviral drug, antivirals almost always showing some cytotoxicity.
do you think this would apply to memantine as well? should these be avoided as recreational drugs as they are potentially harmful?

Not sure about memantine - although it's chemically fairly similar - that's where it pays to find the online monograph (or similar), before deciding to put said drug in your body

AHHH

THANK YOU! you've made my day!! I've been DYING to see someone report on amantedine as long as I did not have access to it. So now I'm happy you posted this!*

*Happy, that is, not because you've discovered some obsecure high; but that you've found out that amantadine does indeed have properties that NMDA antagonists are supposed to have.

it only has a crazy visual property but lacks the amazing highs that nmdas can produce, but this shit is real original. As I said this was almost like what antichlorogen but not, more like completely orginal, like poor research chem of nmdas, pure visual with Huge bodyload. The visuals altho real bizarre were ver strong and original that I found to be amazing, never had anything close to that b4. I take no rxs and have no major psych disorders and haven't taken anyother drugs 1month prior to this.
Sometimes the visuals would catch me offguard. Like I was trying to sleep off the next day and I'd wake up. There's a TV at the foot of my bed and in it's reflection I would see someone standing behind me behind my bed and the wave, I even heard them say high but then I'd turn around and obviosly noone was there, I felt stupid cuz there's a wall behind my bed and no way anyone could have been there. Very wierd. Never got a headache tho and I'm totally normal now
And memantine is not noticably active atleast as a high at 50-100mg

I read that amantadine and memantine are both basically the same, they are weak nmda aas and have more of a antichlorogenic action than anything else, why did that never come up b4? that's what caused the visuals i guess, but as far as antichlorogens go these were the cooler ones.
They are both voltage dependant nmda modulaters rather than straight antagonists, so basically they're more like magnesium or sumthng and I'm not exactly sure what that means but i think it means that no matter how high a dose u take u can never achieve a dissociative like state. So I think we can all stop wondering about memantine

yeah memantine just has to be accepted for what it is in it's own right. and even if you could achieve a fully dissociative state with a large enough dose, i don't think i'd wanna stay there for days on end, which is what would likely happen.

interesting report, but i'm still not exactly clear as to the dosage you took. did you really take 2-4 grams?

try as I might, I still can't even come close to figuring out your logic in determining that a 2-4 gram dose was appropriate for a starting trial of this compound.

I took about 2-4grams, I figured this would alright to eyeball seeing how the max single dose of amantadine is 100mg and being that it's compared with memantine and the only memantine trip report says that about half a gram really doesn't do too much but lasts for days I figured that this would be a good starting dose

Basically everything about that line of thought was stupid and dangerous. No offense, honestly. But in the name of harm reduction, I hope no one else tries that.

it only has a crazy visual property but lacks the amazing highs that nmdas can produce, but this shit is real original. As I said this was almost like what antichlorogen but not, more like completely orginal, like poor research chem of nmdas, pure visual with Huge bodyload. The visuals altho real bizarre were ver strong and original that I found to be amazing, never had anything close to that b4. I take no rxs and have no major psych disorders and haven't taken anyother drugs 1month prior to this.
Sometimes the visuals would catch me offguard. Like I was trying to sleep off the next day and I'd wake up. There's a TV at the foot of my bed and in it's reflection I would see someone standing behind me behind my bed and the wave, I even heard them say high but then I'd turn around and obviosly noone was there, I felt stupid cuz there's a wall behind my bed and no way anyone could have been there. Very wierd. Never got a headache tho and I'm totally normal now
Damn fam, these visuals everyone talks about sound dope as fuck! I wanna see ghosts and scary shit speaking to me late at night! No need to hit up Halloween haunted houses😂

If you don’t mind fam, could you tell us your dosage and how long your high had a hold on ya!? 😈

This is "original " indeed, to say the least .
1st and foremost I would like to say that I find the doses I hear people experimenting with in here to be extremely reckless and dangerous even ...depending on ROA you will feel this at sub therapeutic doses basically.
I´m even hesitant in saying what I´m about to since it might sound delusional or sth ,but , after doing an allergy test sublingually with powder from Rx capsules here´s what I´ve found :
Sublingually it will be active and you will feel it´s effects within the hour -in my particular case ,after eyeballing what must had been 1/4 of a 100mgs capsule I placed it under my tongue and let it dissolve for some 5 -8 mins ...it burned and irritated the area ,albeit bearable and not noticeable to the eye ...this 1st allergy test potentiated the substances I´m currentely on ,namely Buprenorphine and Benzo(s) ( next few experiments eliminated the thought of it having been mere "placebo" btw) .
This might just be useful to some in here, namely those who are on the same dose of a benzo +Buprenorphine for so long that they do not feel anything from it any longer ...so yeah, very noticeable mood improvement . The 1st time felt like I was actually feeling the effect I used to get from the aforementioned meds.
Having increased the dose ( still under therapeutic doses) this "mood improvement " increased too ...by the 4th day I realized a very odd thing ...as I increased the dose on that day ( still sublingual -still under 100 mgs though) I begun feeling sth resembling euphoria ...albeit very different from anything I´ve ever tried ( basically everything you can think of with a few exceptions in RCs ) -this is when at some point it struck me if what I was feeling wasn´t the reversal of the (side) effects of Buprenorphine + benzo(s) ...as in , I felt "Normal " , type of rewarding state you find yourself in each and every time you detox off of everything and you´re healthy and engaged in the natural Dopa business .
Since the junkie in me is still very enamoured with the "Potentiation " side of things I´m yet to try what Reason is telling me can be achievable with this : logically, using this as a tool to taper down the benzo(s)/Buprenorphine or/and quitting it altogether ...I definitely feel the potential for this to help you do just that .
Told you, I ´m very aware of how crazy this sounds but if you´ve been abusing all types of drugs for decades, do try the above and see how it will work for you.