View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"The Acid Flash" Aura-like phenomenon?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I have a close friend who has always been able to tell whenever anyone is on acid with precise accuracy. Even in darker places, and with people who's pupils are naturally dilated. Well, I asked her. She claims that there is an aura about anyone who is experiencing the effects of psychedelics. She says that when they turn their faces to her, she sees their eyes sort of "flash", hence her term for it, the Acid Flash. She has also reported seeing it for those on Mescaline.

This is also referenced in the classic psychedelic song "Mobius Trip" by H.P. Lovecraft. "Everybody's groovy, all their eyes are flashing." but I have been unable to locate any information on the phenomenon, and I haven't ever noticed it, but then again I've never really looked. She said that she has seen it since she was very young, but didn't know what it was until she went on tour.

Any reports out there of a phenomenon similar to this? If the cops catch on, it could be bad news for a lot of people. If it's real, it could reveal a ton about the way our minds may be able to detect each other's brain wave patterns. I personally am very interested in the topic. I didn't research very deep, but wasn't finding any leads.

I've never noticed this in any such way.. but I do seem to make remarkable connections to those under the effects of psychedelics in a deep way, leading to "knowing" even before I am told. But it's more of a feeling than any sort of sensory queue