• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The 2024 Recovery Thread

Second day sober... Trying to keep going while the city where I live is collapsing due to the rains. Desperate because Tuesday and today I had to stop my writing to get things together at home and doing errands to find resources (we don't have water). Monday was the intervention day and my cats appointment, so couldn't work.
Tomorrow I MUST focus,, but my mental health is not working due to the climate disaster where I live. Don't know how to relax my mind a little.
Wow, trying to get sober while in less than ideal conditions, keep up staying sober and good luck.😀
Sorry, I don't have any good advice on how to relax your mind. I am not the relaxed type. My mental health isn't exactly ideal.

my head hurts bb i'm crying goonite ❤️‍🔥

bad kinda. a 2. a bad 2. gawd THANK YOU <3

so another decentish nights sleep, broken sleep for about 5 hours, helped by mirtazipine 15mg

definitely nearing the end of the physicals, but still yawning every now and then goosebumps, am just so damn lethargic and tired

need some energy

Last week I started doing physical exercise, did 3 workouts after not doing anything for 1.5 years when I was drinking heavy & abusing Blow. Well, then came this last weekend, somehow I ended up going to a sauna/pool party, which of course ended up with plenty of Blow & Weed and little sleep. Although, I managed to get plenty of sleep after the weekend and yesterday did a workout, today I'm feeling like garbage, i.e. not being able to focus on work, no energy, rage fits on and off.

Then I started to think why such a low feeling. Turns out during the weekend I forgot to take my Fluvoxamine (an A/D) and since I'm out of cash for anything, going through an A/D withdrawal (popped a Fluvox pill today), Weed WD & Blow WD. No wonder I feel like I do. This is the time when I urgently need to step up my work performance and finally start to solve my problems, yet I want to just escape reality .. sleep and put my head into sand, like it would solve anything..

I hate how my life has become because of too much Blow, being barely able to afford anything and having so many debts and problems; I so foolishly thought that alcohol was the biggest culprit, but.. I haven't had a drink in 2 months, but I still haven't improved anything else during this time besides starting to do workouts (which I love); I guess it's at least something to hold by, a small hope.

The day after tomorrow is my salary, will finally be able to afford some food, some cigarettes, some gasoline for my bike.. at least something. I've never been so broke and now I realize how stupidly I wasted so much money on Blow, on parties and other bullshit which apart from a couple of hours of fun, always makes me even more depressed in the long run.

I now realize I need to spend quality time with myself, just workout, just learn to ride my bike as I love, eat normal food, not processed junk; read some books/web; I've realized that by doing things I love my mental state is improving too.

The only problem now is to be able to skip these weekend parties where everyone is doing Blow/Smoking & drinking.

Sorry for the long rant everybody, I really needed to vent..
People really underestimate blow addiction. I think of it as a more civilized addiction than meth. But still up there with meth and opiates. But hey you're realizing the effects it has on you, your lifestyle outside of parties and your wallet. Which is good. Just try to stick with it willpower wise. Who knows what they cut blow with too. And yeah become your best friend while you're in recovery, it's an excellent idea :)

anyone else got tons of cicadas coming out?
There are actually 2 Broods of cicadas coming out, first since 1803( yes I had to look it up). According to the map, I am safe from them, but not by much. 2024 is going to be bad for many in the midwest and the South. Sorry, bro 😔

Last edited:
i'm tryin to live. like everyone is i guess. i like some days when i feel better now.

pretty nauseating today though. sori everyone. it just is.

i take my medication every thursday. so far it's just real bright outside.

today sunglasses help. thnx :)
Bonita mamacita 🌺🌼🌸💜

hi guys! it’s friday, which means my meeting tonight is on zoom, if anyone wants to pop in. this is a safe space, open to anyone with an open-mind, using or not using, recovery or not recovering, not AA or NA-based(or any other traditional recovery method), support MAT and non-abstinence / replacement therapy - literally anything. we’re all about harm reduction and living a better life 💕🌱

if you wanna talk or listen to even just lurk around, please join! the rules will be read out loud 2-3 minutes after the starting hour, which just simply states to be respectful, no soliciting substances to others, absolutely NO SA, hook-up culture with other members, and just common sense behavior for people in a vulnerable space and are allowing themselves to project that into a safe space. we do not look down on people on MAT at ALL and that is strictly prohibited, as well as giving out medical advice.

please come through if you’d like! the original creator runs a br-NAD* / ketamine detox center in las vegas, which has been revolutionary and progressive in the field of substance-use disorder medicine.

meeting ID: 823 0697 2952
passcode: 645599

8PM eastern standard time

Yes, I think somewhere way back it was said that it doesn't necessarily have to do with substance abuse always. Or however it was worded it seemed to be in that context, ptsd is included and I'm so sure it can be. <3
Seems to work most of the time. :rolleyes:<3👍

What is wrong?
I was told today that sometimes bad experiences need time to heal, and that one should be patient and give time to recover. In fact, I do feel like I'm recovering. It's just not substance related.
But I can see how I'm slowly beginning to heal, but that there's also moments when I feel I'm at square one again.

I was told today that sometimes bad experiences need time to heal, and that one should be patient and give time to recover. In fact, I do feel like I'm recovering. It's just not substance related.
But I can see how I'm slowly beginning to heal, but that there's also moments when I feel I'm at square one again.
You didn't explain anything, honestly