• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The 2024 Recovery Thread

by the way, since what happened to me, i have noticed and strongly felt the support offered to me from members in this thread. @thatmf Always solid advice my friend. @AngelsandFairiesarereal you don't even know what you did for me mate. Trust me i will ALWAYS be here if you ever need me.

Also i know @BadBoy377 is always here looking out for me. Probably worried at the minitute i'll slip up, and i believe i am due you a PM.

@Jnowhere Has also consistently provided me alot of support.

So from the bottom of my heart, thanks to all of you so much. I struggle anyway its well documented, but it is the help i received in this thread that spurred me to post the link to this thread in my signature. As genuinely it's helped me now more times than i can count and often the same users.

i've neglected to mention another couple of users as i never slept last night thanks to bad dreams. But honestly anyone ever needs me in this thread just PM me and I'm there for you.
Anytime amigo 💜 you are worth all the love and support
Big hugs 💕💜🌺🌻

@elgoucho9, sorry to hear about the sleeplessness. I have bouts of insomnia and they make life miserable.
I don't know what they prescribe sleep in the UK.
I have used melatonin, in much larger than suggested amounts. Many claim it does nothing. Me: as long as use it only occasionally and in a higher dose, it is lights out. Sometimes nothing. I sincerely hope and pray, that you will get better, and also not let this horrible incident bring you down and keep you there. This was supposed to be sent 2 days ago, oops, sorry

I am so weak and lethargic. I hope everybody be strong. I found some help. I prescribed myself

Cetirizine.​

It's a secret. I read up on it a long time ago. It can be a lifesaver when it is really needed.

I found a little bit of information on it again. It is difficult to research but I had lost the information I had read a long time ago.

I found it again on a prayer at the last minute. It is doing something. It has been said to cross the blood brain barrier and it is doing something - a lot.

And completely benign at the same time it seems and very much the benefit out ways the almost no risk at all. It goes like this:

Abstract

First-generation H1-antagonist antihistamines, such as hydroxyzine, have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and cause sedation, which limits their usefulness in the treatment of allergic disorders. Cetirizine, a carboxylated metabolite of hydroxyzine, possesses the parent compound's antihistaminic activity but causes less sedation. We compared the activity of cetirizine at central H1 sites with that of hydroxyzine and terfenadine. We also compared the ability of cetirizine and three antihistamines to cross the blood-brain barrier. In each case we found that the drug's potency at H1 receptors in the central nervous system was similar to its activity in displacing H1 receptors in the lung. However, the selectivity for H1 receptors varied widely from drug to drug. Cetirizine did not bind at any of the receptors investigated, except H1 sites, even at concentrations as high as 10 μmol/L. Hydroxyzine and dexchlorpheniramine and, to a lesser extent, terfenadine crossed the blood-brain barrier in significant amounts. Cetirizine passed into the central nervous system only half as readily as terfenadine. These findings suggest that cetirizine's low incidence of sedative effects is most likely caused by its diminished potential to cross the blood-brain barrier and also may be partly the result of its greater selectivity for H1 receptors, compared with its effect at other receptors that may be involved in sedation.
What exactly does cetirizine do? I found an unopened box of it, my dad used, to use it.

Last edited:
What exactly does cetirizine do? I found an unopened box of it, my dad use to it.
I am so upset right now. I am so messed up. Maybe tired. I wanted to take one so badly for the night. And I was going through my shelf and now I can't remember if I took one or not. I wanted one so bad but I can't remember. I have two waters right next to me and I can't even remember if I drank out of them or took the cetirizine or not.

I will try to do a write up on it for you. But I can't take two because it mucks me up too bad. Now I gotta wait because I don't know.

And it helps me sleep too. It's . . oh it was a godsend. But my head isn't right now. Or I am really tired so that might be a plus. I just wonder if I took it.

I'm like all in a cushion. I just don't know what to think.

oh shhrt. bye bye. inny body here. lool. jk

sorry i missed you Jr.

oh shhrt. bye bye. inny body here. lool. jk

sorry i missed you Jr.
1*Zhoud0k2og_RhM34wqFy8w.png

We are here if you need anything :)

I will write about it more soon if I can. I get horrible writer's block. It's bad, the writer's block and just happens. I am sure that I was born with it
as far as I can remember.

Try not to overload and overwhelm then. But,

well, I will keep trying. We made it to morning and Prayers to get through another day. 🕊️

Prayers for everyone and all with everything . . . ect ect.

And, yes, hold on !

I got sleep then woke up. But then got more sleep.

I just need some energy now. So thanxxx.

What exactly does cetirizine do? I found an unopened box of it, my dad used, to use it.

That was nice of you to say that to @elgoucho9

Thank you for being strong and all of your support and encouragement !

~~~ Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living. Each and every day of your life. Life is about that choice. ~~~

Thanks @Jnowhere again ! <3

I am sure your Dad knew so much. He did.

I am going to try to do 10 little things a day. At least would be nice but probably not more. I'm so tired.

You know little things like some work, affairs, organizing, money, chores, ect ect. Priorities and goals.

I don't know. Not every day. Just little things.

Sometimes big things just take care of themselves.

I hope that @elgoucho9 will be alright. Those are some rough times.

Like Barberic. Be well also @elgoucho9

You can heal and get stronger from this. Each year you will have another year to build that new strength. 🙏

You can be so much better than them. Yes you can do this. Right.

We okay everyones ? <3<3<3<3<3<3<3💖<3<3

I'm not . . . . because I'm just tired I need one more day. Whatever I am too tired for anything.

I don't ride anymore, never will, but I tear up the trails with my dogs by the creek. 🐶🌻 🐸

The mountains are fierce. The air has been so fresh. I wonder where all of the poison and toxins down winded to.

Anyway. . . Stay Healthy people. YOLO ! ☀️

@Jnowhere <3

Hi. :) The cetirizine is good. I have to find my old sources though. When I stopped opioids.

It's a good medication. It is working for my paws and anxiety. It took over a week already to

have a full affect. I had to take it for a lot of things. It is very potent but it is the only antihistamine

that flows so well. Has affects. My brain might be inflamed because of my headache. They wanted

to do a cat scan at the e.r. but I walked to quick before they could. Anyway . . they aren't my doctor.

It seems I am my doctor too. My primary care doctor is real good. He saved my life from my inflammatory

attack disease. He is just too scared off to prescribe anymore. He used to.

He could send me to pain management but I smoke too much weed NOW it will take a half of a year with

my slow metabolism now with all of the thc i am sure. You know. I would rather have the pills but I am not going to quit smoking

weed now OR ever AGAIN.

aNyway this is too much go to the next message please

@Jnowhere <3<3

You shouldn't use any of that Citirizine, I am thinking. You take too many medications for it to be any help. It is just going to add to the

rest of the medication and it will intensify the affects.

Like I said in the other message, I will look for more sources and help you to find information.

I want to try to help somehow because you try to help others a lot too. We have to be nice to each

other though. I remember that. Also with the amount of medication you take we will have to be really

careful.

And I understand that you are in pain. (Physical pain hurts well) OH I do. But If you keep going up or you keep going down you are

still going to be in pain. So it is better to taper down because you are going to have pain one way or

another and unfortunately more medication can not make it better !!

Sure the cetrizine ( @Jnowhere it won't work that way k !!! )

could give you energy and then help you sleep. But it will intensify all affects and we

do not want to lose you. If you get what I mean. The context. Too many meds being mixed together will

cause complications and

too many medications or drugs will be way too destructive.

I'ts for tapering alright. And other symptoms. And you would really have to lose some meds. That was for everybody not just @Jnowhere also.

But we ALL have to be careful with our meds drugs ect anyway. that means food and cholesterol like it really matters but

it all really does matter.

I hope you are still breathing as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k good morning 🌻<3

:) have a nice day too !!

edit: stay well ☀️

Last edited:
btw the Cetirizine is helping me just as much as the kratom was but without all of the ill affect side affects mixed in with it.

But that is because I am using it with methotrexate and it helps also.

I went through my old med shelf several days ago. I found a script from 2013 some damn physician assistant lady who btw is still around omg that I didn't even

take
because I researched it when I took it home. Well it was taken off of the market too now. It's called. Wait I will go get it. So see I try to research everything too.

I still have the fully loaded bottle. Never took a One.

It's called: DICLOFENAC SOD DR MG 30

I didn't even like the smirk on that ladys face. She didn't deserve sht.

Sorrry I will try not to do it again okay. But she didn't and she was a Biachhht too. Just sayin. WoW.

So I am going to keep on living and keep on working on my affairs. And try to stay as happy and healthy as possible.
The most important thing for me is to keep trying to get everything accomplished. I just wanted some relief.
I feel okay so I guess I am going to make it ! But I still need some energy and antihistamine is helping.
At least I have bottles of it for now. Until maybe I can get some pain management relief. And I try to use whatever is safe.
For now I have to keep trying. How much more fun can I just have. Thnx.

So I am going to keep on living and keep on working on my affairs. And try to stay as happy and healthy as possible.
The most important thing for me is to keep trying to get everything accomplished. I just wanted some relief.
I feel okay so I guess I am going to make it ! But I still need some energy and antihistamine is helping.
At least I have bottles of it for now. Until maybe I can get some pain management relief. And I try to use whatever is safe.
For now I have to keep trying. How much more fun can I just have. Thnx.
Big hug mamacita 🌺💜