Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

🍄 Gardening 🍄 The 2023 EADD mushroom thread. Tiz the season to be melty 🫠

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
So it's that time of year again. Do we have any avid mushroom pickers? I'm very eager to get out. I know it's a bit early, but they're definitely popping up despite all the warm weather.
Am I remembering correctly that they grow in people's gardens? Since I no longer have a car I've been trying to find some spots that are a bit more accessible. Any tips on ideal hunting spots?
Happy hunting, you cunts x

Cow grazed fields near rivers are perfect for them. You'll often see large clumps of shrooms growing in the nutrient rich soil of where a cowpat used to be, and probably explains why they literally taste like shit sometimes.

There were good supplies in such fields in the town I grew up in, from around the time of O level results day, in around the 3rd week of August, up until the 1st frost.

Obviously there won't be fields exactly like that in Newcastle itself, but there maybe something like that in the environs though.

I have heard that they can also grow on golf courses etc, so they may grow in some parks. I have seen them on my Grans garden years ago, but that was out in the countryside, and the garden was a re-claimed field.

No reason why they couldn't grown in city gardens if the spores could get there.

They are listed as being common in this mushroom guide I found the other week, but they definitely seem to be more abundant the more perfect the conditions.

Last edited:
So it's that time of year again. Do we have any avid mushroom pickers? I'm very eager to get out. I know it's a bit early, but they're definitely popping up despite all the warm weather.
Am I remembering correctly that they grow in people's gardens? Since I no longer have a car I've been trying to find some spots that are a bit more accessible. Any tips on ideal hunting spots?
Happy hunting, you cunts x

I used to get shitloads out of people's gardens. I'd walk around with a clipboard and knock on doors posing as a mycology student looking for samples. Worked a treat :ROFLMAO:

But I've not seen any growing on lawns for years now. Same with my local park. Back in the 80s, I could pick a thousand in an hour, but sadly, no more.

They're definitely getting rarer, at least in my neck of the woods.

I used to get shitloads out of people's gardens. I'd walk around with a clipboard and knock on doors posing as a mycology student looking for samples. Worked a treat :ROFLMAO:

But I've not seen any growing on lawns for years now. Same with my local park. Back in the 80s, I could pick a thousand in an hour, but sadly, no more.

They're definitely getting rarer, at least in my neck of the woods.
Awh that's shite. Probably from overpicking. I'm gonna try my luck next weekend so wish me luck!

Awh that's shite. Probably from overpicking. I'm gonna try my luck next weekend so wish me luck!

Good luck Mr.Battler!! 😀

But I don't think overpicking is the problem. More like overuse of fungicides in parks, golf courses, communal grasslands, etc.

I know they're still available up in them thar hills, but I always found the quality of Liberty caps sourced from well manicured lawns, parks and golf courses to be much higher than the maggot infested, flea ridden, manure splattered ones picked from wild areas.

Unfortunately, the powers that be have caught on to this and years of spraying have decimated the 'domestic' shrooms.

I got caught a few years ago with a couple of hundred shitty libs I'd picked up in the hills of Buxton and never got round to consuming. The police response was "that's a bit oldskool, we don't see this much anymore". That's why I don't think overpicking is the issue - there's simply not enough out there for anyone but the most diehard enthusiasts.

Think imma keep an eye out as well. Need to walk the poisoned riverbanks and look around in the alleys.
Happy hunting all.

You'd think indiscriminately spraying fungicides over every field within walking distance of a town/city would be noted as unethical by those environmentalists.
Obviously you can't spray fungicide especially targeting libs, so all the fungi and hence ecosystems will be suffering all cos of this stupid war on anything that makes your head a bit squiffy (except booze and poppers).

Lucky you. I still haven't found any yet. My fucking bicycle got stolen recently so that's making shit a bit difficult. I'm going to try and go out tomorrow morning.

Around the East Sussex area…anyone nearby with any good spots? Off for a gallivant with my partner in the near future…

I was drying two big amanita muscaria caps for over 24hrs when I just smelled something funny and went to inspect both totally maggot ridden. :cry:

Liberty caps tend to have loads of tiny maggots, but if you leave them to dry spread out on newspaper for a couple of days all the maggots crawl out of the shrooms and die off.

They never bothered me as they were so tiny.

Obviously it's a bit different if the shrooms are actually rotting or something and really gone nasty in some way and if they have disgusting maggots.

I went out the other day along Hadrian's wall but I left it a bit late in the day and only got 4.8g fresh. Didn't have much effect.
Need to get out directly after rain and earlier in the morning. Maybe this weekend.

Remember when Brownz just picked a load of random small brown mushrooms from a forest and necked them all?