• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

So how exactly did a linebacker who rarely touches a football notice that the ball was deflated yet the refs who touch the ball after every play did not?

I can't understand why an organisation as large and as heavily funded such as the NFL, does not control the actual balls used in the game. Seems open to rorting to have a guy squeeze the balls an hour before the game then leave them open to be tampered.

Either way if 11/12 balls were deflated it makes sense that the colts played with the same balls for the majority of the game too. I'd imagine the one ball that was inflated was the kicking ball. You can't argue that it wasn't a level playing field.

Pats still suck as an organisation and they should be crushed into mediocrity for even trying to cheat.

maybe you should go back and read my post #1621 then apologise?
indeed. i'm disappointed.

alasdair

I'd be disappointed too. Risking what would surely be one of the greatest legacies(probably the greatest) in NFL history by doing stupid stuff like that, in games they'd probably win anyway, is crazy.

Either way if 11/12 balls were deflated it makes sense that the colts played with the same balls for the majority of the game too. I'd imagine the one ball that was inflated was the kicking ball. You can't argue that it wasn't a level playing field.

The balls in question would have only been used by the Patriots offense. Each team brings 12 balls for their offense to play with.

See that is just plain sloppy by the NFl. They were going to fine lynch for wearing gold shoes because they did meet regulation, yet allow the teams to supply their own balls?

No wonder the rest of the world thinks your game is a joke.

Sloppy or intentional? I've been saying the NFL is fishy for years, indirectly guiding the storylines that play out up to the Superbowl to increase viewership interest and elements of drama. How in the world did a Colts linebacker who barely ever touches the football notice after one interception that the ball was irregular, when the refs that touch the ball after every single down did not?

its hard to say any individual that plays a team sport is the "best ever"

patriots won 10 games with Matt Cassel as the QB iirc

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many people in the professional sports world that wouldn't say either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning were the best Quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL.

maybe you should go back and read my post #1621 then apologise?

Im sorry your team decided and got caught cheating again.
Im sorry a stand up honest guy like yourself ended up and chooses to stay a Patriots fan.

I tell you what, since you are such a straight shooter ali.. we have a seat for you in Packer nation.

NSFW:
thumb.aspx

Reserved for recovering Patriots fan

I'd be disappointed too. Risking what would surely be one of the greatest legacies(probably the greatest) in NFL history by doing stupid stuff like that, in games they'd probably win anyway, is crazy.
i could not agree more.

alasdair

...and chooses to stay a Patriots fan.
what would you do if the packers were found to have deflated balls? and you're not allowed to answer "they'd never do that" (even if that might be true).

answer honestly? you'd stop being a green bay fan?

alasdair

The Bills could get caught injecting themselves with the stem cells of unborn fetuses they ripped out of living pregnant womens' wombs and I'd still be a Bills fan.

If I was ali I'd just be disappointed for the reasons I mentioned, not because of some internal moral dilemma. If the Bills cheated their way to the Superbowl I'd still do cartwheels. But the Pats have been good for so long they shouldn't have to do shit like that. They're risking destroying everything they've worked for during the past 15 years for the smallest advantage they don't even really need. As a fan that would really piss me off.

what would you do if the packers were found to have deflated balls? and you're not allowed to answer "they'd never do that" (even if that might be true).

answer honestly? you'd stop being a green bay fan?

alasdair

Thats a loaded question. Its even a loaded question with further restrictions placed on the answer.

please consider revising it to accurately reflect the Pats situation.

Image search for packers cheating

Packers-Troll.jpg

seven pictures of this and then one of Tommy B

Image search for pats cheating

Voila_Capture-2015-01-20_09-25-15_AM.jpg

IDK wait me might find out..

Green Bay Packers Receivers Caught Using Battery Powered Gloves; Cobb, Nelson Face Lifetime Ban

NEW YORK CITY, New York - Green Bay Packers Receivers Caught Using Battery Powered Gloves; Cobb, Nelson Face Lifetime Ban

National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell announced this morning that after an undercover investigation, significant evidence has been uncovered suggesting that Green Bay Packers wide receivers Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson have used battery-powered, ‘performance enhancing’ gloves during games this season. “We have found proof of wrong-doing by at least two players, Nelson and Cobb. Both players are facing a lifetime ban from the NFL,” Goodell said.

NSFW:
Then again this is a spoof.

Last edited:
after chewing on this for awhile..

If the packers got caught messing with ball pressure and i was the GM I would voluntarily suspend the person/persons responsible and require them to give talks at local high schools on sportsmanship and cheating. A one game suspension w/o pay would be good.

If the packers got caught doing the whole spy vision thing I would want the responsible people to be fired.

Would i still be a packers fan.. how could i not.. we all bleed what colors we have in us.

i-bleed-green-and-gold-3-4xl_design.png

Last edited: