• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2013/2014 nfl thread v. in a snowglobe in a dollar store

Status
Not open for further replies.
none of the NFC East teams are going to have real good defenses IMO

very true, least cowboys have ware, one of the few who can carry an entire squad

nfc east may be the worst division in football, for the first time, ever, as an eagle fan you should be excited that 8-8 may get you a home playoff game

I didn't realize how much of a beast rams 4th round pick C/G barrett jones is, he was all-American at Alabama, but went through some injuries that scared teams away, good chance he'll be ram's starting LG in week 1

I need some input from 'the U' enthusiast 3,4

cause ram's took corner CB Brandon McGee and signed UDFA safety ray ray Armstrong, who hasn't played since '11, cause he was involved with the Miami booster scandal

McGee will be 4th string at best, but injuries/suspensions happen and shit

loved in the alec ogletree interview, when they brought up how he feels about playing behind a Dline with former first round picks chris long, Robert Quinn, kendall Langford and manchild micheal brokers, ogletree just smiled and paused for a moment, and said can't wait to be apart of this front 7

unless honey badger turns out to be a gamer, ogletree might have been one of the biggest steals of the draft, many considered him the most talented LB in the draft, I can definetly see him being a spy on kapernick/Wilson, nullifying and putting on the hurt when they decide to leave the pocket and run

and wouldn't be surprised of Stedman bailey has a better career than tavon Austin....suddenly there are a shit load of rams fans in WV

i'm hoping tavon can at least bring excitement at a national level and be someone who today's youth can fall in love with

well the NFC East plays the AFC West this year so it will be a battle between those two I'd say

I don't even feel like speculating on how teams are going to finish in the division though, I really don't know who will win it.

I wouldn't be surprised if any one of the four teams wound up on top, although im not sure if RG3 is going to be back for the start of the season

49ers sign UDFA Lawrence Okoye.

THe guy is an absolute physical specimen. at 311 lbs of lean muscle, he has massive amounts of potential. He is a british olympian and the british record holder in the discuss. THe catch is he has never played football before.

It will be tough for him to make the team, as the 49ers are pretty stacked already and roster spots are at a premium, but Tomsula is a great dline coach, and if he can mold this guy into a football player he could be a force.

If not for a ridiculously fluky last minute try in a rugby 7s tournament group stage game, i would have been lining up opposite that huge fucker a few years ago and he wasnt far off this size then and the guy could move. id likely have been a very broken man. i dont doubt he'll be able to play given some time and good coaching

On paper Mike Vick looks like a good fit for Chip Kellys offense.

Until they bring up that teeny tiny caveat of "needs a QB who can make good decisions in an instant and pick the right play"

which, idk if youve guys seen him play recently (or ever really), but its not really his strong suit.

I actually hope they let Matt Barkely play if (when) Vick gets hurt. I'd rather have a guy who can get the ball to the playmakers and not turn it over than have a playmaker at QB who loads up highlight reels until he turns the ball over 30 yards from the endzone.

That being said, this is the most interesting NFL season for me this far. I've only ever known Andy Reid as the coach and its seriously frustrating to watch his decision making. If it werent for Jimmy Johnson (and Ray Rhodes draft picks) Andy Reid would be nothing, and if it werent for Brian Westbrook Donovan McNabb would have been a slightly quicker Daunte Culpepper.

Seriously two of the most overrated figures in that decade of football.

Which is why it was so funny to watch McNabb end his career in shame, proving to the mainstream media that Philly fans dont just talk shit for no reason, the guy was not a great QB.

e2424608bb4211e2868f22000a1f97ea_7.jpg

alec ogletree might be my new favorite player with that awesome rookie of the year t shirt

and tavon Austin got his first brand new jacket, i'm so proud of that cute little hood rat, and finally a picture that doesn't make Stedman bailey and Austin look like the same person

these are all of rams draft picks at a cards game(minus bama OG barrett jones and vandy rb sac stacy; + UDFA ray ray Armstrong, Miami)

my best friends

I need some input from 'the U' enthusiast 3,4

cause ram's took corner CB Brandon McGee and signed UDFA safety ray ray Armstrong, who hasn't played since '11, cause he was involved with the Miami booster scandal

McGee will be 4th string at best, but injuries/suspensions happen and shit

McGee, IMO, is a steal. Kid is crazy fast and talented, he was just a late bloomer because he played QB in high school. He was just starting to put it together, and would have gone much higher than the 4th round had he played on a not worst of all time defense. Kid was really, really good this year by any standards. He's like a poor man's Sam Shields. Kid will contribute. He seems to be better in zone than in man, by the way. Although there may be other factors involved in that appearance.

Ray Ray is a tweener, a kid who isn't fast enough to play safety or strong enough to play linebacker. I would be surprised to see him make it through training camps. Shit, I would be surprised to see him make it to training camp. He's a kid who has neither the athletic ability nor the attitude to make it.

great here comes the "Rams have the most underrated secondary" comment

I want to see thr Eagles play offense so bad, I might not even watch the defense though

maybe some Picture in Picture action

has anyone used PiP ever? seems to just ruin both viewing experiences

When I watch football at home I have NFL redzone on one screen and the 49er game on the other screen.

Picture in picture sucks because it is impossible to focus on more than one thing at a time.

great here comes the "Rams have the most underrated secondary" comment

you really are a punk just begging for controversy

if you had any idea how i felt about st.louis' future, my biggest concern is the secondary, the 3 main corners are solid but huge questions at safety, rookie TJ McDonald is guy that is getting a lot of slack among ram's fans and draft junkies, and the FS spot is up for grabs, and who ever wins the spot will be someone unproven

McGee, IMO, is a steal. Kid is crazy fast and talented, he was just a late bloomer because he played QB in high school. He was just starting to put it together, and would have gone much higher than the 4th round had he played on a not worst of all time defense. Kid was really, really good this year by any standards. He's like a poor man's Sam Shields. Kid will contribute. He seems to be better in zone than in man, by the way. Although there may be other factors involved in that appearance.

Ray Ray is a tweener, a kid who isn't fast enough to play safety or strong enough to play linebacker. I would be surprised to see him make it through training camps. Shit, I would be surprised to see him make it to training camp. He's a kid who has neither the athletic ability nor the attitude to make it.

coach fisher has already said that ray ray will be a LB, and obviously a project

good to hear that about McGee, he will more than likely be limted to special teams his rookie year if everyone stays healthy, he may be the long term answer for nickleback when Cortland Finnegan either starts to suck or contract expires, cause i know the org is really high on last year rookie CBs janoris Jenkins and the less obvious one, long armed and tall trumaine Johnson out of Montana - who luckily had his march DUI arrest changed to a wreckless driving charge, ruled just yesterday

coach fisher has already said that ray ray will be a LB, and obviously a project

good to hear that about McGee, he will more than likely be limted to special teams his rookie year if everyone stays healthy, he may be the long term answer for nickleback when Cortland Finnegan either starts to suck or contract expires, cause i know the org is really high on last year rookie CBs janoris Jenkins and the less obvious one, long armed and tall trumaine Johnson out of Montana - who luckily had his march DUI arrest changed to a wreckless driving charge, ruled just yesterday

McGee is a project, Ray Ray is a waste of a roster spot/scholarship.

I forgot to mention that McGee is a physical specimen, actually. Dude runs a sub 4.4 40 and has perfect hips for a CB. I'm not sure he will ever put it together mentally enough to match his physical attributes, but if he ever does, the league better watch out. Although I suspect he will simply end up being a serviceable starting CB for most of his career, which is extremely good value for a 4th rounder.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up on Ray Ray. He was terrible at Miami, even before he got kicked out for eating lunch at Prime 112 with some booster even though we told him not to (eating lunch with boosters is allowed per NCAA rules, up to a certain amount of lunches. This "certain amount" is undefined AFAIK. Miami forbid all contact between players and boosters after Nevin Shapiro's lies). Actually, he didn't get kicked out for eating with the booster. He got kicked out for eating at the same damn restaurant with the same damn booster a second time, even though Miami specifically told him not to do that the first time around. He did the same shit twice in a month. It's not an NCAA violation, but if Miami let it be, the NCAA would have made it one.

It will be tough for him to make the team, as the 49ers are pretty stacked already and roster spots are at a premium, but Tomsula is a great dline coach, and if he can mold this guy into a football player he could be a force.

I think the argument he gave was even if he doesnt make the team or has to stay on the practice squad, the level of coaching and level of competition will only make him better.

He might get on a roster right away playing with a bunch of scrubs say if he signed for jacksonville or cleveland etc. but in the long run would he develop into a starter in a couple of years? Probably not. At least in SF he has this shot. I think its a good move for him.

In other News Rolando Mclain retires at age 23. Dude has serious mental problems.
Watch him try and make a comeback in 2 years when flat broke.

well I think you only have to be convicted of a felony to be suspended for a game by the Raiders so maybe only 2-3 guys might have to sit out some games they should probably lose anyway

I was almost certain that the only way to get drafted into the Raiders is to have a criminal record.

McGee is a project, Ray Ray is a waste of a roster spot/scholarship.

I forgot to mention that McGee is a physical specimen, actually. Dude runs a sub 4.4 40 and has perfect hips for a CB. I'm not sure he will ever put it together mentally enough to match his physical attributes, but if he ever does, the league better watch out. Although I suspect he will simply end up being a serviceable starting CB for most of his career, which is extremely good value for a 4th rounder.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up on Ray Ray. He was terrible at Miami, even before he got kicked out for eating lunch at Prime 112 with some booster even though we told him not to (eating lunch with boosters is allowed per NCAA rules, up to a certain amount of lunches. This "certain amount" is undefined AFAIK. Miami forbid all contact between players and boosters after Nevin Shapiro's lies). Actually, he didn't get kicked out for eating with the booster. He got kicked out for eating at the same damn restaurant with the same damn booster a second time, even though Miami specifically told him not to do that the first time around. He did the same shit twice in a month. It's not an NCAA violation, but if Miami let it be, the NCAA would have made it one.

damn man, thanks for the super inside info, i can't see McGee ever being a start on the rams unless people get injured or arrested

Finnegan is making too much money not to be on the field for more than 75% of the snaps, janoris Jenkins is an amazing talent and fisher seems to really like trumaine Johnson(who lots of fans wish would be converted to safety)

i have kind of been a doubter of Bradford, not doubting that he can't be a serviceable QB, but doubting that he would ever become great

than i saw a comparasion of eli's first 3 years and Sammy's, and Bradford is pretty much better at every stat, was sacked more than twice the amount of times as eli, and had a revolving door of talent and coaches, where eli had the same coaches for his first 3 years and most of the same WRs

if 3/4 of the WRs turn out to be what the front office believes them to be, than Bradford will end up being a top 5 talent sometime over the next 3 years(once manning, brady, and brees start to fizzle away)

i really like that Bradford is playing for, in regards to the media, a 'small market' squad is a pocket passer and not a crash test dummy running around out of the pocket like the two media darlings of the nfc west

unless you've watched at least 10% of Bradford's careers snaps, save your baseless, negative comment

the kid was a no brainer hiesman winner and a damn near obvious number one overall pick, some ram's fans wished the club took suh instead, that's until last year when we saw how rookie micheal brokers is probably a better person to have on your team than suh

Last edited:
alasdair since youre so sure the Patriots are going to win every game within fixing distance this year, they play the Bengals on Oct 6th and I would bet on regular season NFL games

Status
Not open for further replies.