• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, Andrew Luck and RGIII got all the press in the draft but look at what they have done this year.
er, andrew luck 3596 yards (4th) and 17 tds. rg3 2660 yards (19th) and 17 touchdowns.

mark sanchez, jay cutler, alex smith michael vick, christian ponder, etc. would take those numbers. luck and rg3 are both having great years and, particularly in luck's case, their teams are doing better than expected as a result. indianapolis should make the playoffs, washington too...

alasdair

I really wish people would stop calling him RG3.

yeah it's really bad and god knows what other nicknames spawn from this

i just call him bob griffen or buckwheat

some ram's fans like to call steven jackson SJax39 and i resent them for it

i just watched a 5minute clip @ nfl.com of jeff fisher mic'ed up during the niners game

total goosebumps

i like the rams way more than any person

NCAA is a joke but not for the reason Busty is trying to make, nobody was very high on Tim Tebow coming out of college, Josh McDouchels took a huge reach, and subsequently lost his job.

Steelers could absolutely beat the Patriots in the playoffs, pretty sure Ryan Clark's sickel cell won't matter in Foxboro

also, anyone else surprised to find out the Cincinnati Bengals lead the league in sacks this year?

kind of

i can't name a single player on their defense

i used to be able to name at least 6 defensive starters on every team(now it's like 2-3) back before sports>drugs

i wish they lead the team in getting sacked, i don't like andy dalton, afc north as a whole may have the biggest dbags at qb, i do like chris weinke though, errrr i mean brandon weeden

also, anyone else surprised to find out the Cincinnati Bengals lead the league in sacks this year?
i was surprised to read that. that said, their defense is, i would say, in the top third of the league generally.

alasdair

Geno Atkins is probably the best DT at getting sacks in the league

marvin lewis is behind the original bad ass baltimore D

and after andy reid gets fired he just might be the longest tenured coach behind hood master belicheck

i give him at least 3 more years

Suburu

Vick still has the strongest arm in the NFL.. anyone who watches the game will tell you that, there was one throw in the cleveland game that Flacco's arm could only dream of

Flacco might be a close second in some quarters, but in terms of consistancy and throwing it in all conditions Rodgers throws a better out pattern than Flacco does.

Stafford is great if your only counting the long downfield , wind assisted throw.
Will all be moot the Minute Glennon is drafted anyways.

Suburu

Vick still has the strongest arm in the NFL.. anyone who watches the game will tell you that, there was one throw in the cleveland game that Flacco's arm could only dream of

Flacco might be a close second in some quarters, but in terms of consistancy and throwing it in all conditions Rodgers throws a better out pattern than Flacco does.

Stafford is great if your only counting the long downfield , wind assisted throw.
Will all be moot the Minute Glennon is drafted anyways.

Nice one Liberal but it must've been some other geezer you were having an 'NFL strong arm' debate with. Wasn't me bruv.

Happy for Vick and his strong arms. Must be all that tricep work from holding back multiple bloodthirsty rottweilers and pitbulls. Shame about his butter fingers though!

Nice one Liberal but it must've been some other geezer you were having an 'NFL strong arm' debate with. Wasn't me bruv.

Happy for Vick and his strong arms. Must be all that tricep work from holding back multiple bloodthirsty rottweilers and pitbulls. Shame about his butter fingers though!

Faire play , I must have been mistaken

Check Glennons arm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682RFNg_DN0

The minute he is drafted he will have the strongest arm in the NFL

^ i stopped watching after about a minute, a couple of 20-yard-ish passes and a couple of incompletions. what am i missing? should i keep watching?

alasdair

and anyway, arm strength is just one factor. some quarterbacks don't have particularly strong arms and are doing well e.g. andy dalton, andrew luck, matt ryan. tom brady doesn't have a particularly strong arm and i'd say it's not hindered him.

alasdair

I wouldnt say Dalton is having a good year, never been enamoured with him as many are.
Arm isnt that important, but its a decent factor, hence why the likes of Kellen Moore will never get a decent crack in the NFL. You need enough so that you can throw the deep outs or else NFL cb's will pick you off all day long as they can just break on your throws

Really though, the only nationally televised game on a Sunday afternoon is Cowboys-Bengals? Where's Bears-Vikings? Ravens-Redskins?

Fuck this stupid league. I will no longer support their unbridled capitalism. Plus the Dolphins are shit.

Apperently a shove to the chest is now illegal. One of the worst roughing the passer calls I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.