• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates THCV Experience Info

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
CBD/CBDV was purchased, analysis showed ~50% CBD and ~15% CBDV. This was then isomerized via sulfuric acid. Resulting concentrate was flooded/washed with distilled water and assumptions are it’s a 3:1 THC/THCV product roughly.

Just now coming down and definitely feels different. Here’s my rough notes...

Bioassay:

Intense headrush with anxiety on comeup, anxiety quickly faded. Fairly stimulating, very slight headache. Ears ringing. Settling into pronounced euphoria, good body feel. Movement feels majorly dissociated.

Now before I get into this more please note I’ve tried “synthetic” THC before with CBD heavy oil that was isomerized in a similar fashion. I also have tons of experience with all kinds of legal and illegal concentrates.

This stuff was too stimulating and anxiety inducing for me at the 15 or so mg I tried so far. And I’ve never felt dissociation quite like this. It was also very quick acting.

That said I feel there might be room for this in my life if I try a lower dose or use in conjunction with other THC products. The stimulation and euphoria are unique.

Still hazy, will report back more later.

-GC

Just curious about the purity of the product you used; was it tested by any method (TLC, GC, HPLC)?

thx

Tom

I’d have to go look for the paperwork regarding the analysis method on the initial CBD/V concentrate if I even still have it. No analysis was done afterwards but bioassay on product before and after along with previous experience using this method seem to indicate it was successful.

There’s likely still some CBD/V present along with a small amount of delta-8-THC/V as well.

Napped an hour after I smoked it and still majorly stoned. I should reiterate I smoke equal amounts of other high quality legal THC concentrates and normally ain’t like this.

I got the impression the THCV was fairly short acting compared to the THC present. Within an hour it just felt like a more normal Stone.

One thing too, both this stuff and other isomerized “synthetic” THC I’ve tried has a noticeable difference in high that can’t be replicated by normal concentrates. I’ve also made the most killer edibles with said oil too.

-GC

this is the stuff i wanna get my hands on... i heard you can get it in like 1-2% concentration in durban poison. might be worth a try if the pure stuff gave you anxiety.

I’ve smoked lots of Durban Poison in both flower and various concentrate forms, it was my reason for trying this. I enjoy Durban Poison for its stimulating trippy effects which I can now with confidence attribute to the THCV content.

These experiments are just to get one more experience under my belt.

I had some Durban Poison crumble before that was amazing for concerts due to these properties but I notice the flower can sometimes leave me sleepy towards the end the high.

Probably gonna try it again tonight.

-GC

Second experience...

Last night I was having trouble sleeping so decided to see if this product was truly stimulating. Most 90% of concentrates out there usually make me sleepy.

I smoked maybe 1/3 the amount I did last time.

Sure enough for about 20mins my eyes were being pulled open similar to as if o was on a stimulant. And then next thing I know I’m waking up a few hours later...

This correlates perfectly with my experience using high THCV strains such as Durban Poison. Many speak of a stimulating nature and while I feel it, I always get more sedation not long after than a lot of other strains provide. This is why Durban Poison and other THCV strains have been good sleep strains for me.

I also again noted a very obvious euphoria that I haven’t felt from any other cannabis product.

-GC

so this thcv is rather mildly sedating? i only know thc (relatively pure) is heavily sedating, then cbd isolate which is almost not recognizable for 1,5-2hours and hhc which makes you weirdly stoned but for me was absolutely not sedating.

so this thcv is rather mildly sedating? i only know thc (relatively pure) is heavily sedating, then cbd isolate which is almost not recognizable for 1,5-2hours and hhc which makes you weirdly stoned but for me was absolutely not sedating.

It’s stimulating for like 15-30min max, then became sedating. I also react this way to THCV high strains like Durban Poison. It might not be a typical reaction as I’ve heard many get stimulated for a long time for DP.

-GC

I love strains with THCV but they are so hard to find. Red Congo is high in it and that's my fav strain but finding that was a 1 off really. Would love to try it in concentrate form