• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC strains that don't cause the munchies or overeating

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Seems like when I smoke higher Indica strains I definitely get the munchies

As you may know when you smoke THC it kind of hydrox the portion of the brain that says I'm full and causes it to kind of trick you into feeling like you're hungry

I try to hire sativa blend it seemed to work it was actually a 6040 sativa super glue and then a little later smoke some CBD, as I tend to smoke CBD after sativa cuz it does seem to take away some of the paranoia anxiety effects that sativa seems to cause in myself

Few days later tried something called cookie loss which is an even higher sativa blend inand that seemed to cause overeating

There is some research I've seen they said something like thcv sativa blends but I'm wondering what's sativa blends do not hijack that portion of the brain if any?

i think its not the strain but what you do when high

the first thing i eat i keep going after so just dont eat until later

being stoned has an exciting part and then a kind of bored/content doing nothing/relaxed/demotivated stupor later on and this is where complusive eating can kick in

I think it's mostly based on your habits as previously mentioned. You could also just get healthy things to munch on that aren't super calorie dense, maybe some vegetables and fruit etc. As for a particular strain, I might go with something like Neville's Haze. It's a really cerebral high, but at the same time, really energetic and functional - perfect day time strain. It didn't give me the "munchies" at all iirc.

There is no right answer here, there are too many variables.

1)your cannabinoid system is not the same as mine.

2)time and setting, amount used and how it was used

3)is it really that strain? You'll never know(the grower doesn't even know)

Weed doesn't make me hungry any longer. Maybe its related to my metabolism as I age, I don't know. Is food still better after I smoke, yes. Do I crave food after I smoke, no. Much different than when I was younger.

It may be just my own opinion but to me all strains eventually make you hungry and sleepy. But there are some that take their time to give you the munchies or get sleepy. Maybe as they start playing around with cannabinoids will get even a better answer on that if it exists. However I’m intrigued by the mention of Durban poison. If we ever get a pot shop finally opened here then I can give that a shot. :)

Strain differences are way overblown due to novelty fascination and misguided connoisseur justification. It's like some people believe weed can be any drug you want.

Weed is gonna weed. I agree with user JackARoe above.

You can however ignore or override the munchies using advanced mental gymnastics. Try acquiring a light phobia of swallowing and you may be able to fend off the munchies.