• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

THC required for euphoria from opioids

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter

Could anyone tell me if this is why I use to get euphoria and what not from opioids, but after combing opioids with cannabis for so long, the only way i'll feel the opioid (in a positive way, with euphoria and contentedness) is by smoking ontop of it now? Is that was some of these studies are also implying? Could my body have gotten use to needing CBD/THC to feel opioids?

I think it's more likely that you're experiencing classic opioid tolerance effects rather than any sort of unusual interaction between receptors.
Thanks Sekio.

I have been managing with buprenorphine for several years now and it's of course lost a lot of it's effect due to tolerance & taking it daily.
I have discovered though that combing a high CBD product or regular cannabis seems to induce a pleasantness and narcotic-like state in me that doesn't exist otherwise.
This in return reduces intense cravings for heroin & full agonists I get, that aren't usually satisfied by buprenorphine alone.

I asked because this combo has seem to work some wonders for my intense cravings, allowing me to get by with just buprenorphine/cannabis, rather than just using either one alone. Maybe it just works on me this way, but if they do have some sort of interaction, it could help others struggling with cravings on buprenorphine.

Thanks Sekio.

I have been managing with buprenorphine for several years now and it's of course lost a lot of it's effect due to tolerance & taking it daily.
I have discovered though that combing a high CBD product or regular cannabis seems to induce a pleasantness and narcotic-like state in me that doesn't exist otherwise.
This in return reduces intense cravings for heroin & full agonists I get, that aren't usually satisfied by buprenorphine alone.

I asked because this combo has seem to work some wonders for my intense cravings, allowing me to get by with just buprenorphine/cannabis, rather than just using either one alone. Maybe it just works on me this way, but if they do have some sort of interaction, it could help others struggling with cravings on buprenorphine.
I've always thought that smoking weed really brings out the opiate high one of the best combos makes me feel safe cozy and warm without a worry in the world

No this is definitely a thing, for me personally when I was using heroin the only other drug I cared about was cannabis. I always felt that I needed a little bud too to truly be where I wanted. Without bud the high got almost manic for me..

-GC

I've always thought that smoking weed really brings out the opiate high one of the best combos makes me feel safe cozy and warm without a worry in the world
Agreed my friend.
No this is definitely a thing, for me personally when I was using heroin the only other drug I cared about was cannabis. I always felt that I needed a little bud too to truly be where I wanted. Without bud the high got almost manic for me..

-GC
Guess I'm glad to know it's not just me. lol I use to get massive euphoria and contentedness from even weak opioids like tramadol & buprenorphine.
I haven't been able to use heroin in a long time now in order to test this out, but as for the opioids I've had at my disposal, none of them feel like I remember and always some form of cannabis is required to get me into a narcotic state.