• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC Powder?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so to clarify a few things here..

The crystal THC most of you guys are talking about is probably Kief. The easiest way to get your own kief is to just buy a grinder with a screen in it. Then just grind up your bud and after a while you'll have collected enough kief, simply from the bud rubbing on the metal screen. Then take a little scraper and top off your bowls with it, no need to press it or anything.

Next the "medicinal THC" you guys are talking about is Marinol. It's active chemical is listed as "Drobinol" but thats just a trademarked name for synthetic THC. A lot of people say its inferior to real marijuana though because it lacks all the other alkaloids and what not thats in bud because this is just Tetrahydrocannabinol. Also the few times ive had marinol it has always been an oil in a clearish pill. We poked it with paper clip and just squeezed out the oil onto a bowl and smoked it.

Hope this cleared up a few things, have fun be safe :)

Yeah I belive it is called marinol or something. I've heard of it in pill form but never actually seen it. I would imagine its extreamly hard to get on the street. The closest thing around here (Canada) is called finger hash. Its the crystals scraped off the sides of a blender or coffee grinder after its grinded up some really good bud.

Na dude, marinol is a round gel pill filled with liquid. Its like an oily substance. They fuck you up sure but its a way different high than smoking or eating regular weed as a lot of the cannibinoids have been removed. I think marinol only has delta 9 and one other cbd in it.

Edit- missed roujaxians post. Ya I've smoked it before and it works its just a very harsh smoke. I think the oil is actually a vegetable oil of some kind.

THC in pure form is an oil. Plain and simple. I would imagine it becomes a solid at the right temperature (matter tends to do that, after all) but solid =/= crystalline. Crystals are a rather specific form of solid matter with a specific structure. Absent using nanotechnology to re-engineer your THC on the atomic scale, it will not form crystals.

Kief (the powdery stuff that scrapes off of good bud) is just a term for the plant trichromes. They contain a lot of THC, but are FAR from pure THC and are primarily made up of non-psychoactive plant matter. Kief can be pressed and heated into blocks of hash, used with an extraction technique (alcohol is an easy method) to produce 'hash oil' (pretty much the closest to pure THC you can produce without a lab) or smoked directly.

Edit - to the OP: my friend just got back from Amsterdam recently and raved about an expensive but extremely pure form of hash called (unsure about the spelling here) Icealator. It's supposedly 90%+ pure THC. He's not sure if that claim is true or just marketing (I suspect the latter) but he said one hit was almost too much for him, a daily smoker. I dunno about you, but if *I* ever find my way to Holland, this will be high on my list of things to try ;)

A lot of people say its inferior to real marijuana though because it lacks all the other alkaloids and what not thats in bud because this is just Tetrahydrocannabinol
They're not alkaloids as they have no nitrogen atoms.

I've read that it is possible to turn thc into a salt, but I dont remember the exact process.

I've seen synthetic THC powder, haven't tried any yet but it is from a very reliable source. Maybe I'll report back in a few weeks when i get my hands on some.

THC in pure form is an oil. Plain and simple. I would imagine it becomes a solid at the right temperature (matter tends to do that, after all) but solid =/= crystalline. Crystals are a rather specific form of solid matter with a specific structure. Absent using nanotechnology to re-engineer your THC on the atomic scale, it will not form crystals.

That's not true. According to wiki pure THC is described as a glassy solid that when cold is viscous and sticky. To correct myself from earlier dronabinol or marinol is suspended in sesame oil not a vegetable oil.

^ true but you can buy sesame oil or vegetable oil. Buying sesame oil would exclude other vegetables, obviously. I'm not sure what vegetable a sesame seed comes from anyway. A sesame vegetable? Idk, who cares.

Last edited:
Edit - to the OP: my friend just got back from Amsterdam recently and raved about an expensive but extremely pure form of hash called (unsure about the spelling here) Icealator. It's supposedly 90%+ pure THC. He's not sure if that claim is true or just marketing (I suspect the latter) but he said one hit was almost too much for him, a daily smoker. I dunno about you, but if *I* ever find my way to Holland, this will be high on my list of things to try ;)

That's just ice hash. If it hasn't been made into soapbar it does tend to be strong, however you don't need to go to amsterdam to be able to try that.

Fools sometimes sell JWH-018 and other synthetics as pure THC.

Just a thought, but if a powder that gets you stoned is being called crystal THC and is getting sold a lot on the streets, it's probably a synthetic cannibinoid. Weed is better then pure THC anyway, pure THC doesn't give a very full-bodied high. And as far as I know the only ways to get totally pure THC is if you know a very good chemist or can get some marinol.

That's just ice hash. If it hasn't been made into soapbar it does tend to be strong, however you don't need to go to amsterdam to be able to try that.

Someone revived this thread lol

I never heard it called ice hash, they usually call it bubble has, ice water is how its made and its way stronger than tar hash. I dont knwo why anyone would want to do just THC, its a completely different high. Someone around here was giving them out and it sucked, it wasnt nearly the same a smoking cause there are other vital cannabanoids that are missing that help shape the high.

this thread is interesting; funny how things have changed over the last decade. These days, if someone is trying to sell you pure THC, it's probably a synthetic cannabinoid but back then, who the fuck knows lol; probably just kief. And possibly PCP if you read some of the older posts lol. It seems many people think THC is the only thing in cannabis, i hope people are more educated now about such things.

I wouldn't want pure thc either, give me the rest of the cannabinoids in cannabis instead. Oh well, at least I haven't had someone bullshit me about having pure thc for many years now. Pure THC would be weak shit compared to JWH-018 and friends.

1. This thread is old enough to enter secondary education.
2. This thread is basically a substance ID thread, with very little HR value.
3. This thread is full of people saying stupid things, I'd say it had a low S/N ratio but tbh I'm not even sure what would constitute "S" in this instance.
4. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.