• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates THC-P is stronger than THC?

mdaniel80

Bluelighter

An article I wrote for a Linkedin client

Is it a full agonist or a partial agonist? That is a big determinant of whether it will have somewhat of a ceiling effect like THC or cause panic attacks and seizures like JWH compounds et al.

Akin to the difference between buprenorphine and fentanyl.

mmmmmmm, full cb1 agonist psychosis... gotta love it.

like a demented roller coaster; want off, yet upon returning want to depart once again.

Is it a full agonist or a partial agonist? That is a big determinant of whether it will have somewhat of a ceiling effect like THC or cause panic attacks and seizures like JWH compounds et al.

Didn't read all this. I gotta go in a minute. Let me know what you think.

Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabiphorol (THCP) is naturally occurring and possesses a seven-term alkyl side chain rather than the five-carbon chain found on Δ9-THC. Unlike Δ9-THC, THCP acts as a full CB1 agonist and thus has more profound psychoactive and physiologic effects.

You don't hear of seizures from it on Reddit. That's where you hear new reports on new cannabinoids first. (take Reddit with a grain of salt, of course) Still, one would think that the seizures and the like would have anecdotal evidence by now. Weren't the "JW" series fairly safe for full agonists? (tolerance aside)

full

full
I'm not super convinced by that paper. Their claim of full agonism is really only due to the temperature data (figure 4), and they don't provide comparisons to thc and the cp47 compound that they refer to in the discussion.

Analgesia and catalepsy seem to not increase dose dependently after 5 mg/kg which could either be explained by a ceiling effect or just maximal inhibition.

Figure 5 in this paper shows a similar dose response of hypothermia with thc for example.

Best info (which I couldn't find) would be a g protein assay which is a very direct way of demonstrating efficacy.

I'm not super convinced by that paper. Their claim of full agonism is really only due to the temperature data (figure 4), and they don't provide comparisons to thc and the cp47 compound that they refer to in the discussion.

Analgesia and catalepsy seem to not increase dose dependently after 5 mg/kg which could either be explained by a ceiling effect or just maximal inhibition.

Figure 5 in this paper shows a similar dose response of hypothermia with thc for example.

Best info (which I couldn't find) would be a g protein assay which is a very direct way of demonstrating efficacy.
I haven't heard of any of the THC tweaks being full agonists before this. I'll watch this thread.

Huge tolerance increases, yes. Withdrawal, maybe even that. Both of those can be caused by large doses of THC.
Haven't heard of any of them causing the other things like seizures, and I do keep up on Reddit subs on them a bit.