• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC-O Megathread

Fuck smoking it, but i would try some edibles of it. From my brief research it seems strangely expensive and who knows if a few milligrams of some weird noid is in it. The more euphoric and more psychedelic description sounds synth noid like. Then again it is a synth noid, or rather semi synth noid in the sense it is not possible for it to form in the plant. Its heroin weed. I would take it as an edible out of curiosity of course even though im not a cannabis person (though i do use it nightly largely out of boredom, and under the guise that it will increase my musical creativity, which it does occasionally

Fuck smoking it, but i would try some edibles of it. From my brief research it seems strangely expensive and who knows if a few milligrams of some weird noid is in it. The more euphoric and more psychedelic description sounds synth noid like. Then again it is a synth noid, or rather semi synth noid in the sense it is not possible for it to form in the plant. Its heroin weed. I would take it as an edible out of curiosity of course even though im not a cannabis person (though i do use it nightly largely out of boredom, and under the guise that it will increase my musical creativity, which it does occasionally
That's what I plan on doing, I'll open up the cartridge and measure out 100 mg and dissolve it into coconut oil and make brownies out of it, or just eat the oil.

I'll report what happens when I do, my brother, dad, and sister will probably want some too.

I'll be doing it on wednesday.

That's what I plan on doing, I'll open up the cartridge and measure out 100 mg and dissolve it into coconut oil and make brownies out of it, or just eat the oil.

I'll report what happens when I do, my brother, dad, and sister will probably want some too.

I'll be doing it on wednesday.

So your dad is willing to ingest some oil taken from a grey market vape cartridge. Honestly that would probably be me as a dad

So your dad is willing to ingest some oil taken from a grey market vape cartridge. Honestly that would probably be me as a dad
Ya I mean we smoke delta 8 together, he bought me pot for almost a decade, I'm only recently buying it for myself. I have a source that sells 10 grams of delta 8 for 72 bucks, and its 95% pure, so it's not difficult at all for me to afford getting high, I'm stocked up enough on delta 8 and hemp that I won't run out for at least a half year, and it only costed me about 260 dollars total.
Wish it was like this when I was a teenager

Ya I mean we smoke delta 8 together, he bought me pot for almost a decade, I'm only recently buying it for myself. I have a source that sells 10 grams of delta 8 for 72 bucks, and its 95% pure, so it's not difficult at all for me to afford getting high, I'm stocked up enough on delta 8 and hemp that I won't run out for at least a half year, and it only costed me about 260 dollars total.
Wish it was like this when I was a teenager

What is your THC mg/day usage after converted from various sources (with D8 being maybe 1/3x THC). From what i understand THC-O is maybe 2.5x THC which really does make it analogous to weed heroin.

Where are they getting the acetic anhydride, its a list 1 chemical. Then again i suppose thats why THC-O is so expensive. Unless glacial acetic acid works.

i smoke roughly a half gram a day of d9 weed, and if i smoke d8 i smoke about 50 mg a day, then i take a tolerance break every other week

From my experience so far:

Pros:
- More euphoric (almost narcotic type euphoria)
- Clear headed high
- Zero anxiety, dizziness or thought loops
- More psychedelic and has a different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities
- Amazing sleep
- All the other good effects of cannabis

Neutral:
- Can be very sedating, but also less "stoney"
- Longer duration
- Takes longer to reach effect (20-30 min when vaped)

Cons:
- Tolerance builds much more rapidly than d9 (likely due to higher affinity and duration)
- Possibly not safe to vape
- Not much data on general safety profile

THC-O feels slightly different than THC (in a good way IMO) and almost has a narcotic like euphoria to it which I enjoyed greatly. I had a fairly high tolerance before trying it so it's hard to gauge it's true potency.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ LACK OF DATA
This analogue may not be completely safe to vape and may cause lung pain/heaviness and strong cough. My lungs did NOT feel good after vaping, but feel fine today.

some users of this after vaping report:

-delayed harsh cough
-wheezing, heaviness and pain in lungs
-odd sensations in lungs
-seems worse from distillate tinted yellow
-not everyone reports this

I am unsure if it's from the drug itself or a cutting agent. Company claims to cut the carts with MCT oil, which has an unknown safety profile when inhaled.

There is virtually zero data on this stuff. TREAT IT LIKE AN RC

###############

After playing around with it today I think I have a good feel for it. This stuff is amazing. On par with d9 if not better - it just feels different. It slowly comes on over 15-30 minutes when vaped and lasts a least 5+ hours. The latter part of the high being more sedating and calming. The first few hours were stimulating, euphoric and somewhat psychedelic (I have tolerance)

Its much less "stoning" than d9. It's very clearheaded, psychedelic and stimulating but there is no anxiety or dizziness or cough at all!

It has a particularly different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities.

Yes in some ways it feels more potent than d9-THC, but in other ways less.
Excellent post. Never heard about these Delta analogs until returning to blue light couple of months ago and their intriguing. I think that's pretty solid advice that they may not be safe to smoke. I seem to recall that The Vape hysteria that almost led to banning them outright and maybe did lead to some cities and states restricting the sale of flavored nicotine products was based on some deaths related to vitamin E acetate containing cannabis products which is dangerous when smoked

It does have some suspect effects to it that remind me of synth noids (which I hate). Namely the very rapid almost instant tolerance gain. I would estimate the tolerance gain to be about 2x that of d9 THC likely due to affinity and longer duration

I used to be a huge stoner but fell out of love with cannabis several years ago. This stuff made me love it again.

The main reason I'm oozing over it so much is the fact it gets you so high but there is literally zero anxiety at all (something regular weed, d8 and even synth noids gave me greatly).

I had a heavy d8 tolerance going into it so it's hard for me to quantify it's true potency.

Last edited:
I'd be afraid of taking too much that way, however I'm not anymore after reading your post
The distillate going around in the US is definitely heavily cut. Apparently by MCT oil.

It's much less head fucky than edible d9

I wouldn't worry about taking too much orally. It's unlike THC in that never once did I ever feel "too high" or uncomfortable.

However if you have zero tolerance to cannabinoids at all - yeah dose low. If you're a daily smoker don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Some more tidbits of info I have gathered:

- pure thc-o distillate is much less viscous than normal, slightly above the viscosity of olive oil, and is colorless. If your distillate is thick like honey it is heavily cut.

- binoid seems to be the worst brand (but still got me high as hell)

- 3chi may be the best brand (I cannot confirm this, I have only tried binoid, but 3chi makes the best d8 carts for sure and their thc-o is colorless as it should be)

- seems to be much more effective when hits are held for longer than usual in the lungs* SAFETY CONCERNS. I ADVISE AGAINST VAPING.

- there are rumors of impurities, but I cannot verify this, and for now just a rumor

- combining d8-THC + d8-THC-O is extremely complimentary, very magical and I can confidently say is better than cannabis IN MY OPINION (raw effects wise, from a recreational perspective)

- questionable cross tolerance. I gained tolerance to THC-O quickly, but it didn't really raise my tolerance to normal d8

- there are way more questions than answers available about this stuff. I will update when I find new info.

Last edited:
I tried looking for specific informatiom under the Canadian controlled drugs and substances act. No specific reference to THC- acetate but it mentions that cannabinoids or analogues (literally it says ‘compounds that bear a substantial chemical similarity to an already banned/controlled substance’) are treated equivalently. Some vape/head/smoke shops might carry these but probably not for long.

@Snafu of the Forest You’ve got me real curious. Not curious enough to try it. My fear is that it will have crazy CB2 binding and b/c these are distributed all over the body I’m afraid it would do something like screw up my atrial valves, mess up my kidneys more (if that’s possible) or give me a stroke. But I will gladly absorb all the knowledge that people braver than I uncover.

Tom

I'm confused @Snafu of the Forest 🤔
One minute you're praising it saying it has no side effects, the next you're listing off side effects and saying you don't recommend it, then singing its praises again?

I think we should just stick to standard THC, some strains dont give anxiety, i heard jack herer is really good for that.

@Snafu of the Forest You’ve got me real curious. Not curious enough to try it. My fear is that it will have crazy CB2 binding and b/c these are distributed all over the body I’m afraid it would do something like screw up my atrial valves, mess up my kidneys more (if that’s possible) or give me a stroke. But I will gladly absorb all the knowledge that people braver than I uncover.

Tom
Absolutely feel your concerns and they aren't unfounded.

I've heard anecdotal reports of hypertension, tachycardia and all sorts of things. There are direct warnings about that on the packaging. I didn't experience it myself, though.

There is definitely something about this analogue different than all other cannabinoids, sort of a tint of synthetic cannabinoids to it (not the best way to describe it, but lack of better words).

I'm confused @Snafu of the Forest 🤔
One minute you're praising it saying it has no side effects, the next you're listing off side effects and saying you don't recommend it, then singing its praises again?

I think we should just stick to standard THC, some strains dont give anxiety, i heard jack herer is really good for that.
Eh? I said there is no anxiety, dizziness or thought loops relative to cannabis.

I am highly recommending it, but I advise against vaping the stuff going around the US.

It's great stuff but the pain it gave my lungs was very concerning.

All strains of cannabis give me anxiety and thought loops. Even pure indica. This stuff doesn't.

Eh? I said there is no anxiety, dizziness or thought loops relative to cannabis.
Oh. Sorry i must have skip read it a bit
I am highly recommending it, but I advise against vaping the stuff going around the US.
So how would you advise it should/could be taken?
It's great stuff but the pain it gave my lungs was very concerning.
Doesn't sell for me tbh, my tolerance to thc is still mega low from my few years off so i dont need to look for stronger stuff, mind.

how would you advise it should/could be taken?
Oral, I just put a drop or two on a cracker and eat it

Yeah if you aren't the biggest fan of cannabis this analogue might not win you over - or it might. It kinda gives me the same feels as I get on LSD (hard to explain.. I also get strong euphoria from LSD).

In any case this is probably going to be a US exclusive chemical for awhile anyways. I doubt it will show up anywhere else for awhile.