• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC doses?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I am much curious about the doses of actual THC, rather than marijuana
in THC milligrams, what exactly would be the threshold?

If you had one gram of decent bud, let's say 15%
And you smoked the whole nug
Does that mean you've consumed 150mg of thc?
If that is true then i must be able to get high off only 10-15mg of thc because I usually only take a 1-2 hits when I'm with my buddies
I'm going to Colorado soon and my friend has these 130mg thc pills, I wanna experience what it's like to be EXTREMELY high so if I pop 6-7 of them will I be like in the clouds? Hahaha

If you had one gram of decent bud, let's say 15%
And you smoked the whole nug
Does that mean you've consumed 150mg of thc?

No, it surely doesn't mean you consumed 150mg of THC or at least you can't say you absorbed it all.
When you burn anything with THC a big part of it maybe up to half is destroyed by pyrolysis (a study gave a number between 40-50% for bong smoking). Then there's the smoke that's lost in side streams and doesn't enter your lungs. Then there's the smoke that enters your lungs but when exhaled still has THC in it which hasn't been absorbed (the reason for hotboxing being so popular).

If that is true then i must be able to get high off only 10-15mg of thc because I usually only take a 1-2 hits when I'm with my buddies
I'm going to Colorado soon and my friend has these 130mg thc pills, I wanna experience what it's like to be EXTREMELY high so if I pop 6-7 of them will I be like in the clouds? Hahaha

There's a fundamental difference between smoking and ingesting you probably know about: smoking it goes right into your bloodstream through your lungs, and ingesting it takes hours for all to be absorbed in the gut though the digestion may begin in minutes.
10-15mg of THC is probably what is absorbed when someone smokes a couple of potent joints.
Don't go crazy with those pills if you've been doing the 1-2 hit thing.

First of all, a 100mg+ dose of eaten THC gets even me high and other high tolerance users like my friends. My mother who uses only for medical purposes gets absolutely destroyed, so I would say find something weaker or cut the dose into 1/3rds. In terms of smoking I can say that if you use a nail and extracted oils with percentages, you can accurately measure the dose. Say you have a gram of correctly purged oil at 75%THC, with 750mg of THC in that gram, one .1g will give you 75mg of THC which is a pretty big dab and will get most everybody baked out of their minds. That being said, remember THC metabolizes into a more potent analogue (11-hydroxy-THC) and at 130mg doses, even I would be weary of more then two pills.

What you're saying is a "couple of potent joints" so in my assumption a whole gram, of "potent" weed (let's say 18%?) contains 180mg of thc, but only 10-15mg is actually absorbed??!
I understand the whole thing pyrolysis but it's shocking THAT much thc is lost...

Marinol, the prescription version of delta 9 thc has doses at 2.5-10 Mg. 15-30 mg is a good start for a first timer trying to get high even a bit powerful for some