• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC content in buds

HOLY SHIT 28% thc!!!!! The highest i've heard of was like 20%, but man 28% blows that one away, all i can say is WOW!

In Holland its COMPLETELY not unheard of to find marijuana with THC levels in the 20 percent range, astoundingly. Shows what legalization would do for the states...

Lets see.
  • Hairs aren't trichomes.
  • You average weed is more like 4.5%
  • Your average high potency weed is about 12%

BilZ0r said:
Lets see.
  • Hairs aren't trichomes.
Not to be nit-picky about it, but do you have some kind of link to a source with this kind of info?

49% of statistics are made up...how i know this. I made it up...
Really, aslong it gets you nicely baked it doesnt matter;)

BilZ0r said:

Agreed. If you live in the States. :D

There were several other stands holding tested buds on this Cannabis Cup as well. Ranging from 7% to as high as 23% THC. Your "average" high potency weed isn't those of others.

Last edited:
ElSohly MA, Ross SA, Mehmedic Z, Arafat R, Yi B, Banahan BF 3rd.
Potency trends of delta9-THC and other cannabinoids in confiscated marijuana from 1980-1997.
J Forensic Sci. 2000 Jan;45(1):24-30.

That, and

Hall W, Swift W.
The THC content of cannabis in Australia: evidence and implications.
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2000 Oct;24(5):503-8

That... are my references.

7%-23%... 12% fits in there. If you take good weed from around the world, its about 12%. Although this is unpublished results. If you look at a histogram of weed potencies, to frequency found, there ar peaks at around 2-5% and around 12%.

Sure, thats only seized cannabis, and one could argue that seized chronic is going to be less potent, and you'd probably be right, but still. I dont' think 23% chronic is very common, anywhere in the world.

BilZ0r said:
7%-23%... 12% fits in there. If you take good weed from around the world, its about 12%. Although this is unpublished results. If you look at a histogram of weed potencies, to frequency found, there ar peaks at around 2-5% and around 12%.

Can't argue with that. I've seen some potency studies aswell, pretty much the same. But the stuff they had there was also tested, I can't argue with that either.. Sorry I can't show you the references, you'd have to take my word on it.

LOL, just found a NORML study about the THC content in Dutch Cannabis from 1997 while searching for something else. :)

The yield and quality of Dutch-grown grass or Nederweed has improved greatly in recent years, due to more sophisticated cultivation techniques, such as climate control, crop improvement, cross-breeding and the cloning of female plants containing the highest percentage of active substance (tetra-hydro-cannabinol or THC). Various studies have shown that the percentages of THC in Nederweed can vary from 1.5% to 13% with peaks of up to 27%. Similar to many kinds of imported cannabis, some variations of Nederweed ('Skunk') may contain high concentrations of THC but this is not standard. In 1997, the Forensic Laboratory found an average THC level of 8.5% in Dutch cannabis and 6% in imported hemp.

link

Just saw the news and they want to get the high potency buds out of the coffeeshops. They say THC content has doubled in the last couple of years and can now be considered a hard drug according to the Opium Act (this hasn't changed since 1997 from what I can tell). They come with sorry ass excuses such as: Cannabis is more harmful with higher THC content; it can cause cancer and mental problems.

I'm furious.. Everything on the news nowadays is exaggerated and bullshit! I hate the media! :p

well i dont knwo much about thc content levels, but here in canadan (especialy BC) we have pretty high quality budd. they busted 1 guys grow op here in Nanimo, BC and it was believed to have the highest THC content they have ever found, this was a few years back so i assume there is better weed out there now. any 1 actualy know the levels of average canadian hydroponic bud???

'the independant' newspaper (UK) tested some samples (not many) bought in london.

bud was around 8%-11%, but didn't look like the greatest shit ever (commercial skunk tho).

soapbar was about 3% or something shit like that. with 'weed' (this is a term used in england usually to refer to what u yanks call schwag, usually shittly blockweed) being similar

this is from memory so is a bit sketchy, but their testing methods would have been sound

ksi said:
Well those percentages 15-20 aren't way off.
The cannabis they sell in dutch pharmacies are Bedrocan (18% dronabinol (THC) and 0,8% cannabinol) and SIMM 18 (15% dronabinol (THC) and 0,7% cannabinol).
Some species in the shops have even more then that, Im sure. But there are alot of species with less I guess :).
The cannabis you smoke here in Holland is really heavy. Well for me it is anyway. You smoke a decent joint with some friends and you are really on your ass. It isnt always nice, most of the time it's just too intense.

Farmaceutical weed is basically flowers out of which they extract the THC and then in measured amounts re-insert/spray it back on. This is too make sure THC content is consistent.

Coffeeshops know how they sell their products and they're not afraid to lie.
I remember from a weed-event a while back in Holland they had a THC-test and coffeeshops/seedbanks got to send in their strongest whitest strain. Well the pictures of those buds were unimaginable, they were all white/frosty with THC. The winner had something like 21% of thc, the rest 18-21% THC. Keep in mind those were the best buds from the best grows of the best THC strain material available over the whole Netherlands.
I think weed that you didn't grow yourself will never have 15%+ thc...

edit: and I wouldn't believe seedbanks for shit, either.

I don't know the percentages, but there is just one example of something that BLEW MY MIND. When I was a heavy toker, I was at this show and didnt really want to get very high cause I had some serious responsibilities that night. My friends that I barely knew told me they had G13 (supposedly govnt weed) and I said "yea whatever" not beleiving it at all. I told them I'd take a couple puffs but I didnt want to get stoned. Anyway, I took 2 bong rips. Just 2... I WAS SO FUCKED UP. And it wasnt dusted or anything, it was a pure bud feel, but intense. Not like a bowl of some regular shit, like 2 bowls of some regular shit, but off of 2 hits. Now that, I wonder what percentage it was. Supposedly government? I don't know...but if it was, maybe it was GM...

Originally posted by Blowmonkey
There were several other stands holding tested buds on this Cannabis Cup aswell. Ranging from 7% to as high as 23% THC.

Well, I finally found some of these results I was talking about, lol..

powerplantthcpercentage.jpg

hahaa i was reading a simplified drug book type thing and they said "regular" weed had a 0.5%-1% thc level and that "sensimilla", a "much more potent form of marijuana" (haha plus i love how they only know of 'cannabis sativa') has up to 7%.....then these kids were presenting a project on coke and they said that coke purity dropped between 1999 and 2004 form 93% to 86% or something liek that....sorry i'm stoned....

lyXw33d said:
hahaa i was reading a simplified drug book type thing and they said "regular" weed had a 0.5%-1% thc level and that "sensimilla", a "much more potent form of marijuana" (haha plus i love how they only know of 'cannabis sativa') has up to 7%.....then these kids were presenting a project on coke and they said that coke purity dropped between 1999 and 2004 form 93% to 86% or something liek that....sorry i'm stoned....

Actually cannabis sativa IS the name for the plant.. there's no cannabis indica as a plant name, I think it's cannabis sativa indica

Also, the thc levels for seeded weed are probably somewhere around that level, maybe higher depending on amount of seeds. Why do you think mexican weed is so low in quality(other factors too offcourse). Sensemilla is what we're all smoking, seedless weed.

supz

A Bud will never have more than 23-32% in Thc. If you want more thc at once, buy some hash or just smoke the crystals.

any weed can be seedless..No males = no seeds, just empty ballz,and no thc is used when the plant isn't fertilized.
the stuff from mexico is what i call commerical press weed. Its not for the "pikest" of smokers.

any female plant that has been seeded by a male will start produciing mass ammounts of Thc to build the seeds, inside there soft shell. If your carefull you can really boost the Thc % up by seeding your females a few days before harvesting, it will put your plant in super THC mode and you can cut the plant down before any of the thc will be used to make the seed. This is just one thing you need to do to get 26-32%Thc out of your buds

There is a big diffrence between, A mature seeded plant and a Plant with empty shells.

98% of your potency comes from the seed.
Good seed good weed
bad seed bad weed

digital

Last edited: