• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC/Cannabinoid Bath Salts or a Canna-bath! Amazing!

Ilove2nod

Bluelighter
So my sister who lives in Colorado and works at a despensery there brought me some goodies last time she came to visit me. The most amazing thing were these Cannabinoid bath salts that you literally sprinkle in the bath tub and take a bath with. I didn't expect much from this and thought it wouldn't really do anything for me compared to smoking bud or any form THC. Boy was I wrong. The past couple days I have been completely stoned from taking a cannabath as I like to call it, and can barely keep my eyes open, just relaxing in my bed. I also take a prescription of Bupe (6mgs throughout the day IV) and 3-4 mgs of clonazepam, and these baths are the most amazing potentiator to my meds! every time I take a kpin or some sub I m completely destroyed! Has any one else tried taking a canna-bath? I am loving life right now.:)

I'm skeptical to be honest, for various reasons: natural cannabinoids are not water soluble, and with the poor absorption through skin, you probably need a huge amount of active compound in a tub full of water (!) to feel something. OP can you provide more details about the product (ingredients, etc)?

It is a real thing. There are lots of cannabis products for trans dermal use and even buccal use. They do tend to be overpriced for what they are, but they are real and they do work.

I got my cherry popped in 2010 when I tried a tiny thin breath strip and got high. Mind blown.

I didn't say that it's impossible, but I'd like to hear how it works....

it's a route of administration.

have you ever used a nicotine patch? the bath salts work the same way, except that it might be more effective because the warm water opens up pores.

and as for buccal use, have you ever chewed tobacco? it works the same way.

but again, how do you get cannabinoids water soluble for a bath salt? and how much active compound do you need for it to be effective?

Water solubility is not necessary for your skin to absorb the oils. You will be in contact with it regardless. I really don't know what the bio availability of transdermal use of cannabis actually is (I would guess not very high), but I imagine that everyone is going to react slightly differently to it just like any other ROA. Some people need one hit, some people need the whole blunt to themselves...

The patches for transdermal use that I've seen are pretty expensive, but the THC and CBD mg amount seem to be close to what is needed for an equivalent oral experience. As for the bath salts, it seems there are too many variables (like using a bath tub) to just say X mg of THC will work for most people.

I see transdermal, buccal and oral (edibles) as the best (medically) ROA to use because they are the least damaging.

If you just want to get high, there are more efficient ways than using your bath tub ;)