• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC-B, THC-H, and THC-P, who's tried them pure and which do you prefer?

Esperighanto

Bluelighter
Hi,

I've smoked distillates of THC-B (butyl chain), THC-H (hexyl chain), and THC-P (heptyl chain), each without cutting agents present, and have found each to present shockingly unique experiences for being cannabinoids. My initial foray into cannabinoids past delta 9 was THC-O Acetate (delta 8 & 9), then delta 10 & 8, HHC and HHC-O Acetate, but then once I tried THC-V, THC-P, THC-B and THC-H, I was shocked to find more concentrated subsets of the cannabis experience present. The sedation and sleepiness of THC-P, the serene focus of THC-H and THC-B, though with different flavors to each. It's all very unique, and I haven't heard many people talking about THC-B or THC-H here, nor could I find a Dandy thread about either.

THC-PO Acetate is also fascinating, though likely somewhat dangerous. I had an oral overdose situation with it last a few days, and it was some treacherous shit. Smoking it is also very risky as far as how easy it is to take it too far, though I am curious about THC-BO Acetate and THC-HO Acetate.

Who here's tried these more niche cannabinoids, and what did you think? Tried any via alternative RoAs, or in mixes yet?

Last edited:
Hi,

I've smoked distillates of THC-B (butyl chain), THC-H (heptyl chain), and THC-P (pentyl chain), each without cutting agents present, and have found each to present shockingly unique experiences for being cannabinoids. My initial foray into cannabinoids past delta 9 was THC-O Acetate (delta 8 & 9), then delta 10 & 8, HHC and HHC-O Acetate, but then once I tried THC-V, THC-P, THC-B and THC-H, I was shocked to find more concentrated subsets of the cannabis experience present. The sedation and sleepiness of THC-P, the serene focus of THC-H and THC-B, though with different flavors to each. It's all very unique, and I haven't heard many people talking about THC-B or THC-H here, nor could I find a Dandy thread about either.

THC-PO Acetate is also fascinating, though likely somewhat dangerous. I had an oral overdose situation with it last a few days, and it was some treacherous shit. Smoking it is also very risky as far as how easy it is to take it too far, though I am curious about THC-BO Acetate and THC-HO Acetate.

Who here's tried these more niche cannabinoids, and what did you think? Tried any via alternative RoAs, or in mixes yet?
Love your reviews. I stopped playing with the legal cannabinoids when the alphabet soup after the THC came out.
They all raise tolerance quicker than flower for me, even the pure THCA.

Anyway, question, are you talking about the ∆9 versions of all the above?
I found a huge difference between ∆8 THC-O and ∆9 THC-O.
I loved the ∆9, but again, it raised tolerance stupid fast.
The ∆8 was mediocre at best.

Huh, I've never heard of any of this, only delta 8, delta 10, delta 11.

Pure THCa would make sense for flower though, like if you're talking space dust which can go beyond 90%. Weed is THCa before converting into delta-9 but I'm sure you knew that.

So THC-O is much stronger then? I wonder about the delta 8. Now that I know about these I'm curious to try them one day. I see THC-P gummies (the biporal yada yada) mixed with delta 9. 33x stronger than delta 9? Jesus. I guess maybe then it could raise your tolerance really fast unless these just aren't d9 and won't raise tolerance, but it's still messing with your cannabinoid receptors.

Flower tolerance has always been different from oil for me in general. This may be because I mostly vape distillate pens, I prefer distillate over resin/shatter ones unlike most people. It just has a better feeling for me personally, more consistent high which I like. Some strains are just so different. I like most weed, but occasionally I'll get thrown some strain that warps my brain so bad I become unfunctionable in every way, basically tripping. Pineapple Express is one such strain. It feels like a completely different drug than THC, almost makes me wonder if there happened to be more of THC-P or something else. I read P is found in trace amounts in sativa strains.

Huh, I've never heard of any of this, only delta 8, delta 10, delta 11.

Pure THCa would make sense for flower though, like if you're talking space dust which can go beyond 90%. Weed is THCa before converting into delta-9 but I'm sure you knew that.

So THC-O is much stronger then? I wonder about the delta 8. Now that I know about these I'm curious to try them one day. I see THC-P gummies (the biporal yada yada) mixed with delta 9. 33x stronger than delta 9? Jesus. I guess maybe then it could raise your tolerance really fast unless these just aren't d9 and won't raise tolerance, but it's still messing with your cannabinoid receptors.

Flower tolerance has always been different from oil for me in general. This may be because I mostly vape distillate pens, I prefer distillate over resin/shatter ones unlike most people. It just has a better feeling for me personally, more consistent high which I like. Some strains are just so different. I like most weed, but occasionally I'll get thrown some strain that warps my brain so bad I become unfunctionable in every way, basically tripping. Pineapple Express is one such strain. It feels like a completely different drug than THC, almost makes me wonder if there happened to be more of THC-P or something else. I read P is found in trace amounts in sativa strains.
THC-O is noticeably stronger, but I'd only call THC-H/THC-B/THC-P and their O derivates muchstronger. The difference with any of the O versions (also known as -O Acetate versions) and the normal ones is that the -O versions take 30-45 minutes to come up, are slightly stronger by weight, and they last longer. I'm a huge fan of ∆9 THC-O, but THC-PO is so tough to dose right I can't touch it without plastering myself. I plan on turning it into a tincture I dilute and lay on blotter.

Many THC-P/B/H containing products you'll find are heavily diluted, but getting one that's high in THC-P or some pure distillate, I'd highly recommend it. I usually see a quarter gram go for ~$35 US. If you find yourself smoking it, lay out a little piece the size of a grain of rice and nectar collect half, then wait a few minutes before deciding if you'll do the other. Trust me, this shit is strong.

In terms of tolerance, I've not found these to skyrocket me, but I'm often smoking an ounce of ∆9 concentrates (diamonds, rosin, etc) every two weeks anyways. I wouldn't notice a big tolerance boost compared to somebody smoking an ounce of flower every two weeks instead, for example. I also have specifically separate tolerances between flower, concentrates, edibles/tinctures, etc.

The strain difference that you mentioned is fascinating, you seem like somebody offput by the psychedelic, stimulating side of sativa, yeah? If so, I'd advise you to stay away from THC-V and the -O Acetate derivatives, but to try THC-P in a relationship pure form. That shit is like a tranquilizer in adequately high doses, it throws me into sleep like GHB does. The strains that were found to have THC-P have only been bred to have meaningful amounts since 2019 in Italian laboratories iirc, where the researchers initially found it. I'm sure it's gotten out further but it hasn't just been lurking around in cannabis forever, imo, based on the evidence we've seen of its discovery as a phytocannabinoid only in 2019.

Love your reviews. I stopped playing with the legal cannabinoids when the alphabet soup after the THC came out.
They all raise tolerance quicker than flower for me, even the pure THCA.

Anyway, question, are you talking about the ∆9 versions of all the above?
I found a huge difference between ∆8 THC-O and ∆9 THC-O.
I loved the ∆9, but again, it raised tolerance stupid fast.
The ∆8 was mediocre at best.
I agree that ∆8 THC-O was disappointing, though I find it much better than ∆8 THCA. Every cannabinoid that I've worked with has been ∆9 past that, though.

I've smoked distillates of THC-B (butyl chain), THC-H (heptyl chain), and THC-P (pentyl chain)
Standard THC has a pentyl chain.

THC-H has a hexyl chain.

THC-P has a 7 carbon chain, the "p" stands for phorol. This isn't a super common suffix, but it is derived from 5-heptylbenzene-1,3 diol, aka sphaerophorol (also 5-heptylresorcinol).

Standard THC has a pentyl chain.

THC-H has a hexyl chain.

THC-P has a 7 carbon chain, the "p" stands for phorol. This isn't a super common suffix, but it is derived from 5-heptylbenzene-1,3 diol, aka sphaerophorol (also 5-heptylresorcinol).
Thanks for the check here! I updated the original post.

THC-O is noticeably stronger, but I'd only call THC-H/THC-B/THC-P and their O derivates muchstronger. The difference with any of the O versions (also known as -O Acetate versions) and the normal ones is that the -O versions take 30-45 minutes to come up, are slightly stronger by weight, and they last longer. I'm a huge fan of ∆9 THC-O, but THC-PO is so tough to dose right I can't touch it without plastering myself. I plan on turning it into a tincture I dilute and lay on blotter.

Many THC-P/B/H containing products you'll find are heavily diluted, but getting one that's high in THC-P or some pure distillate, I'd highly recommend it. I usually see a quarter gram go for ~$35 US. If you find yourself smoking it, lay out a little piece the size of a grain of rice and nectar collect half, then wait a few minutes before deciding if you'll do the other. Trust me, this shit is strong.

In terms of tolerance, I've not found these to skyrocket me, but I'm often smoking an ounce of ∆9 concentrates (diamonds, rosin, etc) every two weeks anyways. I wouldn't notice a big tolerance boost compared to somebody smoking an ounce of flower every two weeks instead, for example. I also have specifically separate tolerances between flower, concentrates, edibles/tinctures, etc.

The strain difference that you mentioned is fascinating, you seem like somebody offput by the psychedelic, stimulating side of sativa, yeah? If so, I'd advise you to stay away from THC-V and the -O Acetate derivatives, but to try THC-P in a relationship pure form. That shit is like a tranquilizer in adequately high doses, it throws me into sleep like GHB does. The strains that were found to have THC-P have only been bred to have meaningful amounts since 2019 in Italian laboratories iirc, where the researchers initially found it. I'm sure it's gotten out further but it hasn't just been lurking around in cannabis forever, imo, based on the evidence we've seen of its discovery as a phytocannabinoid only in 2019.
I do notice tolerance differences depending on the method too. When I used to smoke a lot, which for me was a quarter every 10 days, edibles just didn't work, not 300mg, not 400mg. I rarely hit weed these days and usually if I do it's not much, but I have oil every night and edibles can now get high starting around 15mg, 25mg can get me very stoned.

∆9 THC-O prolly raises your tolerance largely because of it's long effect. Same as Methadone raises tolerance.

Yeah, it's noticeably stronger, but not the, "2-3 times" previously claimed. The, "more psychedelic" claims have also been disproven by a 2023 study. The Wiki page on this one is actually very informative and up to date if you wanna check it out.

Anyway, it does feel noticeably stronger and it definitely scratches the ∆9 itch damn well. Feels really nice to be laying back with that high lasting and lasting for sure.
But, after a few days of that, I couldn't get high on flower which got me nicely high before.
I smoke on and off, smoking a pretty fair amount daily when I smoke. I can smoke straight flower daily for a long time before tolerance gets too weird.

Length of effect and also the lack of other cannabinoids and terpenes is the issue, IMO.
It was damn cheap when I got a couple grams and I mostly gave most of what I had left away to use it up.

∆9 THC-O prolly raises your tolerance largely because of it's long effect. Same as Methadone raises tolerance.

Yeah, it's noticeably stronger, but not the, "2-3 times" previously claimed. The, "more psychedelic" claims have also been disproven by a 2023 study. The Wiki page on this one is actually very informative and up to date if you wanna check it out.

Anyway, it does feel noticeably stronger and it definitely scratches the ∆9 itch damn well. Feels really nice to be laying back with that high lasting and lasting for sure.
But, after a few days of that, I couldn't get high on flower which got me nicely high before.
I smoke on and off, smoking a pretty fair amount daily when I smoke. I can smoke straight flower daily for a long time before tolerance gets too weird.

Length of effect and also the lack of other cannabinoids and terpenes is the issue, IMO.
It was damn cheap when I got a couple grams and I mostly gave most of what I had left away to use it up.
Can you link me to the studies (or DOIs) addressing the psychedelic component of these? I've had a really tough time finding studies that were willing to dive into something as difficult to define in a scientific context as "psychedelic". I also didn't find anything relevant to that on the wiki page, but I may have just overlooked it.

I’m just recently been reading up on thcp and thcp-o and am very interested to say the least the length of duration is a selling point for me personally along with the incredible potency. Is the thcp-o really all that different from thcp? As I plan on trying both very soon if they continue to keep my interest.

I’m just recently been reading up on thcp and thcp-o and am very interested to say the least the length of duration is a selling point for me personally along with the incredible potency. Is the thcp-o really all that different from thcp? As I plan on trying both very soon if they continue to keep my interest.
My personal experiences with them paint a similar difference as exists between ∆9 & ∆9-O, but the exaggerated potency of these compounds means that what is a meaningful-though-not-huge gap with ∆9 is a much larger gap between THC-P and THC-PO. THC-PO is longer lasting, has a longer come up, it's more euphoric, but I'd call it less clear headed personally, just because it's so insanely strong that I'm always so high I feel like an invalid when I'm on it.

Maybe I’ll skip the thcp-o In that case I can’t really be out of commission for too long. I’ve been eyeing some carts with both in them on a vendor site and haven’t jumped at the chance yet. I may just make a thcp tincture and call it a day.

Maybe I’ll skip the thcp-o In that case I can’t really be out of commission for too long. I’ve been eyeing some carts with both in them on a vendor site and haven’t jumped at the chance yet. I may just make a thcp tincture and call it a day.
Those products are likely highly diluted, you should pay attention to that for sure. I've yet to orally administer THC-P (just THC-PO) but I bet it'll be quite fun if you do go with the tincture. In fact, I suspect THC-P tincture could maybe be made strong enough to go on blotter. I'm not positive but it's a hunch I want to test at some point.

I plan on starting at around 3mg per ml and adjusting from there also adding some delta 8 to it for some immediate relief from the tincture instead of waiting forever. Just seems like a logical idea for me and the conditions I use cannabinoids for ultimately.
Also the carts I’m referring to contain approximately 5% thcp and thcp-o so they are rather diluted.

I plan on starting at around 3mg per ml and adjusting from there also adding some delta 8 to it for some immediate relief from the tincture instead of waiting forever. Just seems like a logical idea for me and the conditions I use cannabinoids for ultimately.
Also the carts I’m referring to contain approximately 5% thcp and thcp-o so they are rather diluted.
If it's THC-P you should have just as quick of an effect as with ∆8/∆9, but if it's THC-PO then mixing with a quicker one is a really smart move.

I've never thought about mixing cannabinoids in such a way that one dose has a layered timeline due to -O's long come ups. Do you have any other tips on designing cannabinoid mixes?

Other than layering the effects in that way not really to be honest at the moment it just occurred to me that I’d be less likely to dose more waiting on a come up if I have something else to tide me over lol because I am impatient sometimes. I suppose the only other thing I’ve read interesting in designing noid blends is the addition of cbn and maybe some other of the less psychoactive compounds to round out the experience and increase effects of noids present in the blends.

I'm not sure if I've tried the three substances in the title, although I have tried delta-8, delta-10, HHC, and I believe THC-0 as well. I could even be missing one; I worked in the same building as the best headshop in the area and they had all kinds of various vape carts, amongst other things.

I bought a bunch of those things, and while some of them were definitely similar to good ol' Tetrahydrocannabinol in some ways, none of them really even came close to doing it for me like the real stuff from the dispensary.

One theme that seemed prominent across the board with these synthetic cannabinoids, is how rapidly tolerance generally escalated in comparison to the tested medical product I often get,

but at the end of the day, I personally wouldn't trust or use any of those products, because I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of them come from China, and without getting political I think we're clearly in the midst of fifth-generational warfare.

I'm not sure who said it, but
"don't get lost in the sauce".

Can you link me to the studies (or DOIs) addressing the psychedelic component of these? I've had a really tough time finding studies that were willing to dive into something as difficult to define in a scientific context as "psychedelic". I also didn't find anything relevant to that on the wiki page, but I may have just overlooked it.
Well, I went by the Wiki page. quote:

"Psychedelic claims

In a 2023 study, anecdotal claims surrounding THC-O-acetate's supposed ability to initiate psychedelic experiences were shown to not be significant. Answers using the Mystical Experience Questionnaire (MEQ) were under the threshold of a true experience, and those who had used classical psychedelics such as LSD or psilocybin consistently scored lower on the MEQ. When asked directly, 79% of the participants said it was either "not at all" or "a little" like a psychedelic experience.[5]"

But, just a minute.......

"THC-O study 2023 MEQ" gave me a few hits, but I think they reference the above.

Well, I went by the Wiki page. quote:

"Psychedelic claims

In a 2023 study, anecdotal claims surrounding THC-O-acetate's supposed ability to initiate psychedelic experiences were shown to not be significant. Answers using the Mystical Experience Questionnaire (MEQ) were under the threshold of a true experience, and those who had used classical psychedelics such as LSD or psilocybin consistently scored lower on the MEQ. When asked directly, 79% of the participants said it was either "not at all" or "a little" like a psychedelic experience.[5]"

But, just a minute.......

"THC-O study 2023 MEQ" gave me a few hits, but I think they reference the above.
Thanks for the info on this, it's super fascinating! The MEQ used to analyze psychedelic qualities interests me here, because it makes a good point that THC-O isn't leading to mystical experiences. I think this debate going on about THC-O's 'psychedelic ' qualities will force us to articulate it more, I'd compare THC-O to the alertness and afterglow of a psychedelic I suppose. It's not inciting visuals that ∆9 wouldn't also coax out of my HPPD, but there feels to be a similar neuroplasticity and alertness without the more mystical or hallucinatory aspects of psychedelia present, a small though noticeable subset in my personal experience. The MEQ here provides a really good way to analyze just how small of a subset I suppose it really is.

I've anecdotally noticed that people who've tripped a lot and have noticeable HPPD are much more likely to feel THC-O is psychedelic in any way, and most have referred to it as a psychedelic cup of coffee, kind of like the tail end of taking half a tab of mid acid. This makes me wonder how much THC-O may just have a synergistic relationship with psychedelic HPPD, instead of actually generating this effect on its own.