• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Thank you everyone for the advice

Mureceptor

Bluelighter
I just logged on and missed the thread being closed, but I wanted to thank everyone who have me tips on my resting hart rate condition. Unfortunately (well sort of since nothing bad happened) I did weight train today. I missed all the advice about not weight training, lOL, and fortunately nothing bad happened. I am at a resting rate of 150 now, so yeah I am going to chill....Hopefuly my FP, who ran an EKG on me Wednesday will have some answers tomorrow and at least I do have the appointment with the cardiologist on Wednesday. My blood pressure (w/ meds) was 112 over 88. Hematocrit has been within range. I used to run a fairly high testosterone replacement amount of 300 mgs/weeks, but have been on half that since I had the seizure.

But thanks everyone. When we gets some answers I will report back.

Last edited:
Holy hell mate! Please don't do any strenuous activity whatsoever until you get your heart checked!! Only a few days to go, surely you can wait ;) Let us know how you go okay? Please take care of yourself. Heart health is serious and important <3

Thanks. I agree. I went to my doc on Wednesday, called Thursday but still waiting for a call back. I called my new Cardiologist Friday, I have an appointment for Wednesday and asked if I could come in early, but they said no. I really don't understand our health care system, you would think they would take something like this seriously. Hopefully I will get through to my FP tomorrow (Monday). It honestly seems like they don't care.

Hopefully you can get in with a doctor ASAP.
Please don't do any strenuous activity whatsoever until you get your heart checked!! Only a few days to go, surely you can wait
What she said 1000%

His nurse called back at 5 PM. The evidence is overwhelming that my problem is that my electrical system (your heart beats according to electrical currents sent to it) is off and the condition can be treated through surgery or drugs like Flecainide, that slow the electrical currents that control heartbeat. I asked to receive the medication or something similar until I saw the cardiologist on Wednessday but the nurse said the doctor refused to prescribe it. I did not work out today so wish me luck making it to Wednesday, 2 days from now.

You definitely can, and need to, wait to weight train until then, just find something else to do. Good luck with the doctor, I hope you get the help you need.

Sorry I missed this and hope things are better @Mureceptor

You probably kicked off an episode of afib via weight training (adrenergic afib - very common in AAS-using bodybuilders). You'll probably need to be careful to avoid stimulants around training sessions, and to avoid pushing things too hard in isometric training (like, ever again).

I have a fair bit of experience in this particular field so if you want to know a bit more, feel free to ask away. Hopefully you got some good advice from your cadiologist(s) and maybe a cardioversion :heart2: