L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

text message "breakup"

kayladelmo

Bluelighter
so I've been casually dating this guy i've had a crush on for a week. we saw each other nearly every day. we were super sexually attracted to each other but we didn't fool around. i went into it just to see what would happen, i had no expectations or desire for a commitment. i knew he had just broken up with someone. he was a welcome distraction for me. so basically, it was not that deep. i ended up kind of liking him though the more we connected.
after a week, he explained to me that he was still talking to his ex-gf, she thinks they're still together but he's leading her on for some messed up reason i won't go into. he told me about this in person. the following day i told him i don't think dating is a good idea right now, and i did this through text. all he said was "ok".

do you think ending it through text was appropriate, considering the circumstances? i think i might be feeling guilty about texting it rather than a phone call/in person conversation. i had expected that a short conversation would develop out of the text i sent him, but all he said was "ok". i decided not to reply because it left me a little confused. did he not care? was he upset? it was ambiguous and i was confused. i would appreciate other people's thoughts on this situation. i'm feeling low about it :(

It isnt possible to know what he's thinking - but i dont think that after one week you have anything to feel guilty about.

I mean overall breaking up over text is kinda shitty but considering that you guys were such a fling it isn't as bad plus if he's leading this other girl on he doesn't seem like he's worth it

you will get over feeling bad pretty soon. i would have done the same thing if i found out the person i had been seeing was a douchebag

Lolol you girls are something else.

He didnt react to the breakup the way you thought he should and you cant handle it.

Regardless if breaking up through text is the right way or not, whats done is done you did it and he could care less .

Move on

He didnt react to the breakup the way you thought he should and you cant handle it.

Regardless if breaking up through text is the right way or not, whats done is done you did it and he could care less .

Move on

Agreed. wouldn't feel guilty about it. He obviously wasn't feeling guilty talking to you and his ex at the same time...

Move on

He did not react the way I expected, but I handled it just fine (cute assumption though).

He did not react the way I expected, but I handled it just fine (cute assumption though).

Lol yea you handled it just fine with him but then came running here asking:

"did he not care? was he upset? it was ambiguous and i was confused. i would appreciate other people's thoughts on this situation. i'm feeling low about it"

Very cute indeed

Lol yea you handled it just fine with him but then came running here asking:

"did he not care? was he upset? it was ambiguous and i was confused. i would appreciate other people's thoughts on this situation. i'm feeling low about it"

Very cute indeed

you must be bored

Move on

Exactly, do move on, and stop worrying how he's doing. It's counterproductive IMO!